Norchad Omier

Advertisement
This wouldn’t be so dumb if we didn’t make a deep run this year but we did so it’s completely Asinine
I don’t really think his point has anything to do with last year. You could make the argument if we don’t go just as far this year with the addition of this NIL $$ his point is correct.
Some of these power programs have been buying championships for years. From players to coaches to budgets ect. The NIL thing evens the playing field somewhat. It is a new era.

I think I would say money alone does not buy championships.

200.gif

Advertisement
Can publicizing "who gets what" be a good thing, in terms of the players on the team? Create feelings of jealousy, resentment, etc.

Count me in the group that wishes this was done more quietly, with this being among one of the reasons.
Is it an issue in pro sports where some guys are making $20M and some are making $300k?

I think you are missing a couple of points. One, it is making it known to other transfers and recruits that Miami is a place they should be looking at. Two, it is very clearly being blessed by Rad/Mario/L as part of a larger decision and marketing strategy. Three, a lot of him being "loud" is part of marketing the company, which is actually what this is supposed to be to make it legitimate in the eyes of the law.

Advertisement
Ummmm, we just did "produce" - no?

I guess guys watching L take 6th year (4th school) Charlie Moore and 5th year Kam McGusty to the Elite 8 has absolutely nothing to do with top transfers wanting to play here. It's all down to whoring themselves for 800k. Got it.

Everyone should feel bad for poor old Texas Tech and Purdue (just forget that they were actively recruiting the same transfers and they'd be ecstatic right now - if only it weren't for big bad Ruiz).

Can publicizing "who gets what" be a good thing, in terms of the players on the team? Create feelings of jealousy, resentment, etc.
Count me in the group that wishes this was done more quietly, with this being among one of the reasons.

Bad take. The kids all know. Come on. They want to win too.

The publicity is deliberate and orchestrated. It's a recruiting tool. It tells HS and portal kids that Miami is a place where you can win, take care of your family, and play with other top kids. It will create even more interest around the programs.

I'm not too concerned with anyone's feelings, and I guarantee you Rad, Mario, Coach L, and Ruiz aren't either. We are kicking down the door of college sports and doing it the way we want. And legally. Zero fûcks. Not hiding in the shadows or being deceptive like a candyass SEC school.

They already hate us, man. Stop trying to win the popularity contests. We're the big bad wolf.

Here we come.

Bad take. The kids all know. Come on. They want to win too.

The publicity is deliberate and orchestrated. It's a recruiting tool. It tells HS and portal kids that Miami is a place where you can win, take care of your family, and play with other top kids. It will create even more interest around the programs.

I'm not too concerned with anyone's feelings, and I guarantee you Rad, Mario, Coach L, and Ruiz aren't either. We are kicking down the door of college sports and doing it the way we want. And legally. Zero fûcks. Not hiding in the shadows or being deceptive like a candyass SEC school.

They already hate us, man. Stop trying to win the popularity contests. We're the big bad wolf.

Here we come.
Correct. The only jealousy I see right now is other schools and fanbases. And you know what? They should be. If the tables were turned, we'd all be up in arms. It's just all come together nicely at the same time with new AD, new coach, real commitment from Frenk, and NIL funds.

Advertisement
So Kentucky, Duke, UNC & blueblood schools like that get to historically buy whoever they’ve ever wanted for the last 40+ years & nobody batted an eye about it, but now that you’re allowed to legally compensate players everybody is having a hissy-fit with us??

Are they for real about to sit here & act like players haven’t been getting hundreds of thousands of dollars loooooooong before NIL even existed??? Do they think Kevin Durant went to Texas because of the weather? Lmao

So Kentucky, Duke, UNC & blueblood schools like that get to historically buy whoever they’ve ever wanted for the last 40+ years & nobody batted an eye about it, but now that you’re allowed to legally compensate players everybody is having a hissy-fit with us??

Are they for real about to sit here & act like players haven’t been getting hundreds of thousands of dollars loooooooong before NIL even existed??? Do they think Kevin Durant went to Texas because of the weather? Lmao
They won't admit it, but they're really just mad at the system. They hate us, so they're mad that the new system now allows us to play the game with the big schools. People are afraid of change and they don't like we're coming for them.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back