Norchad Omier

Told y'all Pilin Alvarez (man in this photo with button down red shirt) would have a hand in his decision. Good to see Miami coming in right. hopefully, we've done enough to secure a commitment. Lot of politicking going on behind the scenes. Wouldn't be surprised if an assistant coach hiring is part of their deal. I don't know if Omier is good enough to want to facilitate that proposal, but I've heard thru the rumor mill that fsu has a chance if they promote Lazarus from within their staff.

Advertisement
Told y'all Pilin Alvarez (man in this photo with button down red shirt) would have a hand in his decision. Good to see Miami coming in right. hopefully, we've done enough to secure a commitment. Lot of politicking going on behind the scenes. Wouldn't be surprised if an assistant coach hiring is part of their deal. I don't know if Omier is good enough to want to facilitate that proposal, but I've heard thru the rumor mill that fsu has a chance if they promote Lazarus from within their staff.
****, if we lose him to FSU...

Advertisement
Sure would love that if true but what makes you say that?
I heard that unless Miami decides to go in a different direction (which I'd assume is very unlikely at this point), Omier will be playing in orange & green next season. He loved his visit. Living in Miami and playing in the ACC really appeals to him. His NIL package deal only makes it that more enticing for him. He's currently in Lubbock visiting TxTech, but for all intents in purposes they think it's just a matter of time now. I was also told fsu seems to be out of the running as well.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I don't know how this effects Omier, but thought it was interesting that Texas Tech PF Kevin Obanor announced yesterday that he'd be returning to the program after weighing his options to turn pro. I don't see how this bodes well for their chances of landing Omier.
I think this is down to us and FSU.

Advertisement
Sam was an incredibly valuable and efficient player for us this past season.

He made other teams sit their bigs because they couldn't match up and was the best 3pt shooter on the team. The 5-out offense doesn't work without a player like Sam.

Calling him a waste is ridiculous
That had more to do with the 4 around Sam than Sam himself. You could go small and stick a mouse on Sam because he wasn’t a threat on the glass or the post. I am a Sam fan wish he woulda been more aggressive but this kid will have more impact especially if another guard steps up to fill McGusty’s void (looking at you Harlond Beverly)

I think this is down to us and FSU.
They've been selling Omier on immediate playing time, development and their NBA pipeline. FWIW, I was told their chances of landing Omier would hinge largely on Lazarus being promoted from DOBO to Asst Coach but it looks like their most recent hire R-Jay Barsh will get the nod over Lazarus.

Advertisement
Back