Noles In Trouble

Advertisement
i dont know it it is video production but why is it their guys always look slow and overweight?

Last edited:
Advertisement
Not exactly coker! Coker had a few stragglers from those great teams!?
Florida State recruited at replacement levels for wide receivers. Miami didn't in 2004-2006. We were more equipped to run a Paul Johnson offense than a traditional Hurricanes offense by 2006, with punters and cornerbacks being converted to wide receivers to make ends meet. We were down to 3 or 4 traditional, scholarship wide receivers by mid-point of that 2006 season. And it's not surprise we won 1 game the rest of the way.

That practice video might be the funniest thing I've ever seen.

First, you have an inordinate amount of time spent on a QB doing a silent snap count and clapping, then they don't even show you the play. Then you get an in-too-close shot of linemen wrasslin'.

Next, you get this hilarious bit where a coach/videographer calls out an interception, but the pick does not come about from some great defensive formation or play, the ball bounces off of multiple guys before the defense finally snags it, then the coach/videographer takes credit for calling the shot.

Next up...handoff for a 2 yard gain.

So then this part is funny, it looks like a handoff after about 3 fakes, it bounces to the outside, and gets about 3 yards. The play was so brilliant, they run it again, with the exact same result (the second time, only 1 defender makes the tackle, compared to 2 tackler the first time).

Next up, a tackle for loss. I guess that's a win for the D, though it doesn't look like the D did anything special, it was an RPO that took way too long and ran directly into a DT. Easy.

Then there were three 5-yards-or-less pass completions, the third one of which the guy got a few extra yards-after-catch.

Then another crappy 2 yard run where the biggest cheers were for the hard hit the defender put on the RB.

Another short pass where the guy gets about 2 YAC.

My personal favorite: A BLOCKED KICK!!!

Finally, the ONE offensive highlight of the entire reel, a 20 yard completion down the sideline (not a TD though).

THESE ARE THE HIGHLIGHTS. Look, I understand if the defense prevailed, but I saw nothing from that defense that looked imposing, except for that one hard hit and the pinball interception that (somehow) a coach called out in advance.

And the offense? My lord. I realize it's just scrimmage, and I there's a bit of time until the game but if those were the best plays of the scrimmage, I am really not very concerned. At all.

Florida State recruited at replacement levels for wide receivers. Miami didn't in 2004-2006. We were more equipped to run a Paul Johnson offense than a traditional Hurricanes offense by 2006, with punters and cornerbacks being converted to wide receivers to make ends meet. We were down to 3 or 4 traditional, scholarship wide receivers by mid-point of that 2006 season. And it's not surprise we won 1 game the rest of the way.
2004, we got 5-star Lance Leggett, so I'll give Coker a pass for that year.

But in 2005, after only taking a 5-star and a 2-star in 2004...WE TOOK NOBODY (Fred Rouse went to F$U).

Then in 2006, we took 4-star Sam Shields...and 2-star George "Hands of Stone" Robinson, who Dade "insiders" tried to convince me was the best WR in Dade County that year (for the record, Antonio Brown had terrible grades, and Preston Prettyhair went to F$U).

Good lord, what a disaster.

Think about this. For a 3-year period, for wide receivers, we took a kid from Texas (Leggett) and a kid from Sarasota (Shields), and the best we could manage from SoFla was at a 2-star level.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Yeah, but in the 47-0 blowout in Tallahassee, with us driving, didn't Bowden put the first team back on the field with under 2 minutes left to preserve the shutout?

Payback is a b*tch.
That was the worst thing to happen to Bowden and FSU. He put it on cruise control after that. No longer was Miami a threat, so he practically stopped coaching. "If you have the fastest horses you're going to win the dog gone race." He said that, either going into 98 or 99. He said he hardly had to coach anymore, because he had the fastest horses. For another year he did, but it didn't last long. We caught back up far faster than he could have imagined, and was never the same once we did.

2004, we got 5-star Lance Leggett, so I'll give Coker a pass for that year.

But in 2005, after only taking a 5-star and a 2-star in 2004...WE TOOK NOBODY.

Then in 2006, we took 4-star Sam Shields...and 2-star George "Hands of Stone" Robinson, who Dade "insiders" tried to convince me was the best WR in Dade County that year.

Good lord, what a disaster.
Preston Williams was supposed to be a Cane, and he flipped at the last moment to FSU and opened the slot of George Robinson. When I compare the fact that we took two wide receivers in two years, versus the recruiting volume now I just shake my head. I can't believe that we could not flip at least a three star wide receiver from somewhere else in the country.

Quarterback recruiting was even more dismal in 2005 and 2006.

Advertisement
Norvell will get more time than Taggert did for 2 reasons:

1. FSU cannot afford another firing, buyout and hiring of another coach

2. FSU athletic budget has taken a massive hit due to COVID. They were already sending out emails asking for donations.

I agree, but they also didn't have the $ to fire Taggart. They only pulled that off because he was so bad it inspired the boosters to dig into their own pockets. Not sure if they can do that again, but if Norvell completely loses the locker room (and he's already off to that kind of start), they might.

Looks like pop warner. Just sloppy in every aspect.
1598288779717.png

You mean the same “midget” qb they were praying would come to their **** hole school to pair with Kendall “I won’t make any adjustments” Briles “Da Gawd?”

truth is stranger than fiction I guess
Kendall “throw a screen pass to Alex hornibrook” briles?

Advertisement
Norvell said this morning he has been reaching out to approx 30 schools/coaches each week trying to establish a relationship. COVID has hampered this for him and his staff in that he hasn’t met many people in person.

It's a shame what they did with FSU's colors, logo, uniforms.

Almost as bad as what Miami endured from 2004-2015.

Yeah, but in the 47-0 blowout in Tallahassee, with us driving, didn't Bowden put the first team back on the field with under 2 minutes left to preserve the shutout?

Payback is a b*tch.

It was intentional. The first time a Bowden-coached F$U team played Miami, Miami won 47-0.

Advertisement
Back