Noles In Trouble

57661626.jpg

Advertisement
The 'Noles luck is up. They had the incredible luck of hiring a Hall Of Fame coach, then the coach that replaced him was good enough to maintain until the wheels fell off.

Open your eyes Seminole fans. Remember the arrogance you had at our 10-15 year period of mediocrity?

Get ready to experience it. Your charmed team and fanbase; your luck has finally run out. Welcome to mediocrity. It sucks. You are a scandal away from being called a 'dumpster fire'. After this year, you WILL be called a dumpster fire.

Outside of Terry the offensive talent there is good awful. Like the end of Coker era awful.
I don't understand how it could possibly be that bad. They managed to recruit well even while Willie was there. End of Coker era bad is pretty bad lol.

Advertisement
Outside of Terry the offensive talent there is good awful. Like the end of Coker era awful.
Actually I just took a look at their depth chart and you seem to be fairly accurate in your assessment. Wow! I don't see much in the way of explosive potential on offense. What is their situation at RB anyway? I only saw one name listed on the depth chart, Jashawn Corbin and he is a transfer. Their QB situation outside Blackman seems to be non existent. They still have Terry and Matthews but I'm not sure about the rest. Kenny Dillingham is a great young and upcoming OC but he's got plenty of work to do.

Defensively I think they are ok and they could be solid with Wilson, Kaindoe Gaines, Rice, Samuel and Dent but I definitely don't see a dominant defense or anything close to that. One positive I see for them is that Adam Fuller is a very good coach that could develop into an excellent DC. Overall however I was shocked to see the noles with such an uninspiring and well...mediocre roster by their past standards. Mike Norvell has his work cut out for him. I disagree that he is a Golden caliber coach. He's much better than that but I just don't think that he will have the time needed to turn that situation around before the natives start getting restless. Someone said that Norvell didn't do himself any favors recruiting wise with the staff he assembled. If that is indeed the case then Norvell didn't give himself an opportunity to succeed. Not that I'm broken up by any of this it's just strange to see FSU seem like such a dumpster fire. Now let's drop a 50 burger on those clowns!

Last edited:
Advertisement
The 'Noles luck is up. They had the incredible luck of hiring a Hall Of Fame coach, then the coach that replaced him was good enough to maintain until the wheels fell off.
"Maintain"?

The end of the Bowden era was mediocre at best, three 7 win seasons in His last 6 seasons at FSU.

Now I'm not saying Jimbo's elite, but He was stackin' talent like it's nobody's business...now off the field that's another story.

I don't understand how it could possibly be that bad. They managed to recruit well even while Willie was there. End of Coker era bad is pretty bad lol.
Willie recruited defense well, particularly DB. But he recruited absolutely nothing on the offensive side of the ball. I think one year they signed zero offensive skill positions. What’s scary is that this won’t be their worst year from a talent standpoint. Next year they will likely lose Wilson and Terry among others and there is really nobody to replace them.

Advertisement
Advertisement
FSU recruited well overall but their classes have been so unbalanced, they’ve made it tough to field a competitive team despite having a ton of highly rated guys.
This is an example of how “stacking chips” too much hurts your program. Signing 7 cornerbacks but zero running backs will hurt your team, even if all 7 corners are great players. If your roster has holes, you need to fill them even you have higher rated players at non-need spots. You can only play so many guys at a position. Having 4 star third stringers at corner with 2 Star starters on the offensive line is a recipe for disaster

Actually I just took a look at their depth chart and you seem to be fairly accurate in your assessment. Wow! I don't see much in the way of explosive potential on offense. What is their situation at RB anyway? I only saw one name listed on the depth chart, Jashawn Corbin and he is a transfer. Their QB situation outside Blackman seems to be non existent. They still have Terry and Matthews but I'm not sure about the rest. Kenny Dillingham is a great young and upcoming OC but he's got plenty of work to do.

Defensively I think they are ok and they could be solid with Wilson, Kaindoe Gaines, Rice, Samuel and Dent but I definitely don't see a dominant defense or anything close to that. One positive I see for them is that Adam Fuller is a very good coach that could develop into an excellent DC. Overall however I was shocked to see the noles with such an uninspiring and well...mediocre roster by their past standards. Mike Norvell has his work cut out for him. I disagree that he is a Golden caliber coach. He's much better than that but I just don't think that he will have the time needed to turn that situation around before the natives start getting restless. Someone said that Norvell didn't do himself any favors recruiting wise with the staff he assembled. If that is indeed the case then Norvell didn't give himself an opportunity to succeed. Not that I'm broken up by any of this it's just strange to see FSU seem like such a dumpster fire. Now let's drop a 50 burger on those clowns!

Norvell will get more time than Taggert did for 2 reasons:

1. FSU cannot afford another firing, buyout and hiring of another coach

2. FSU athletic budget has taken a massive hit due to COVID. They were already sending out emails asking for donations.

FSU recruited well overall but their classes have been so unbalanced, they’ve made it tough to field a competitive team despite having a ton of highly rated guys.
This is an example of how “stacking chips” too much hurts your program. Signing 7 cornerbacks but zero running backs will hurt your team, even if all 7 corners are great players. If your roster has holes, you need to fill them even you have higher rated players at non-need spots. You can only play so many guys at a position. Having 4 star third stringers at corner with 2 Star starters on the offensive line is a recipe for disaster

Yep. Perfect example of trying to stack stars instead of managing a roster and depth

Norvell will get more time than Taggert did for 2 reasons:

1. FSU cannot afford another firing, buyout and hiring of another coach

2. FSU athletic budget has taken a massive hit due to COVID. They were already sending out emails asking for donations.

Remember when UM was called racist because folden got one more year than blandy? I can see it on the horizon up in tally

Advertisement
Back