Noles In Trouble

It's Fall practice and coach speak means nothing. If he said they were great we'd still say they suck. They may have had a good scrimmage but coach expects more so denigrates them.

Advertisement
566BB4F3-80A1-4E79-91A3-B5D7091EE322.jpeg

Oh man, I hope they have a season like we did last year.

Advertisement
i think their defense should be stout..but they are a team full of front runners and if they star losing early ...most of their team will pack it in. They have some early round guys on defense
That Defense is trash. Next year, their Offense will surpass it.

It's not just the Willie bums. It's the entire environment surrounding the football team. When players can get in trouble off campus and the TPD calls campus police, it's bad. Their players are coddled troublemakers that know they can get away with anything shy of murder. Maybe even that if they are a star player and there were no cameras rolling. I wouldn't touch that job if I were a head coach.
You are right and I'm in 100% agreement. That entire program from the administration down to the water boys needs to be torn down, ripped apart and built back up from scratch. Change like that can only start from the very top and the longer they are in denial about the drastic measures that need to be taken to save that program the longer they will remain in mediocrity. What they need in Tallahassee is so much bigger than an AD and a hot shot HC and staff. FSU is basically the poster child for lack of institutional control.

Advertisement
You are right and I'm in 100% agreement. That entire program from the administration down to the water boys needs to be torn down, ripped apart and built back up from scratch. Change like that can only start from the very top and the longer they are in denial about the drastic measures that need to be taken to save that program the longer they will remain in mediocrity. What they need in Tallahassee is so much bigger than an AD and a hot shot HC and staff. FSU is basically the poster child for lack of institutional control.
Lack of accountability will always lead to poor performance, regardless of intention.

Norvell is a much, much better football coach than Golden. His problem is he is gonna really struggle to recruit and he did himself no favors on that front with the staff he compiled.
You left some serious space in describing his coaching. I'm a better coach that Golden. You probably are too. Well, at least nobody can argue with the truth of the statement.

Advertisement
They’ve got a few guys on the D line and secondary who can play. Their offense is trash outside of one receiver.

Eh, their Ends are weak. Very good DT group. Young at LB and good talent at corner/safety. I’m not sure I’d agree there but **** the Noles.
I agree with **** the noles but who did they lost/gain from last year on D? I believe we are talking about the same D that allowed Enos to put 28 on em lol for the record, the vaunted defenses of LA Tech, Duke, FIU, Pitt, Ga Tech, UVA, Central Michigan, and UNC all held us to less points. Only Bethune Cookman, Va Tech, and Louisville gave up more to Enos.

Advertisement
Exactly. Norvell has to get through this season and weed out the bad apples. Maybe he turns into the next Willie or maybe he gets them rolling if they give him enough time. But piling on after the last 15+ years of mediocrity in Coral Gables is bad karma.
Very true. Plus, it is not like we have seen the Canes turning this around on the field yet. Yes, Manny has made some additions to the coaching staff and has recruited well this offseason. Hopefully he is turning this thing around. It's just bad optics right now coming off a 6-7 year and the last time on the field we were getting our $#!@ pushed in by La. Tech on national TV.

I agree with **** the noles but who did they lost/gain from last year on D? I believe we are talking about the same D that allowed Enos to put 28 on em lol for the record, the vaunted defenses of LA Tech, Duke, FIU, Pitt, Ga Tech, UVA, Central Michigan, and UNC all held us to less points. Only Bethune Cookman, Va Tech, and Louisville gave up more to Enos.

Only averaged 5.8 YPP that game, which is a below average number. Yeah, the 27 was nice (was 27 btw, not 28), but the offense wasn't anywhere near good that afternoon.

We had 40 rushing yards, which was a season low.

Only averaged 5.8 YPP that game, which is a below average number. Yeah, the 27 was nice (was 27 btw, not 28), but the offense wasn't anywhere near good that afternoon.

I don't believe our offense looked "good" for any game aside from Bethune and Louisville. My point remains, with a subpar offense, we put up 27 and they have done nothing to infer they are trending in the right direction defensively.

We had two long touchdown passes but overall the offense was its' general stagnant self. Jarren was solid though.

Advertisement
Back