Noles In Trouble

Norvell will get more time than Taggert did for 2 reasons:

1. FSU cannot afford another firing, buyout and hiring of another coach

2. FSU athletic budget has taken a massive hit due to COVID. They were already sending out emails asking for donations.

Both of those things are 1000% true. Also, just as big a factor as those 2 things, Norvell is white. He’ll get a much longer leash at a southern school like FSU than a black coach did. Just facts.

Also, as far as their team, they have a legit defensive line, especially on the interior. Multiple NFL players. And they have, again, a bottom 10 offensive line. It shouldn’t shock any of their fans that their offense is getting its **** pushed in. It’s been happening for 3 years now and will continue this year because they still can’t block a soul.

Advertisement
Norvell will get more time than Taggert did for 2 reasons:

1. FSU cannot afford another firing, buyout and hiring of another coach

2. FSU athletic budget has taken a massive hit due to COVID. They were already sending out emails asking for donations.
Covid couldn't have come at a worse time for them. You hate to see it.

Both of those things are 1000% true. Also, just as big a factor as those 2 things, Norvell is white. He’ll get a much longer leash at a southern school like FSU than a black coach did. Just facts.

Also, as far as their team, they have a legit defensive line, especially on the interior. Multiple NFL players. And they have, again, a bottom 10 offensive line. It shouldn’t shock any of their fans that their offense is getting its **** pushed in. It’s been happening for 3 years now and will continue this year because they still can’t block a soul.

Yes their Dline is their strength when it comes to positions.

Advertisement
Reading their board, alot of them have us down as a for sure W now lol. They think our D will take a huge step back and their premise is because of the numbers our freshman backs put up in the 1st scrimmage and a “midget QB throwing 4 TDs”. This is going to be great.

Reading their board, alot of them have us down as a for sure W now lol. They think our D will take a huge step back and their premise is because of the numbers our freshman backs put up in the 1st scrimmage and a “midget QB throwing 4 TDs”. This is going to be great.
You mean the same “midget” qb they were praying would come to their **** hole school to pair with Kendall “I won’t make any adjustments” Briles “Da Gawd?”

truth is stranger than fiction I guess

After our first scrimmage I got a text from an FSU buddy saying this exact thing. That our D will take a step back. I told him one thing since Manny Diaz has been here is we have had a solid defense, I’m truly not too worried about Mannys D. It will take a game or 2 to get adjusted to the tempo of Lashlee O, but they are game 3 and we will be a train heading into that game and they’re gonna get ran over.

They were planning on King being their QB this year the entire time that Briles was their OC. This is hilarious.

Advertisement
I would laugh too hard, that was us the last 5 years if not longer.
Exactly. Norvell has to get through this season and weed out the bad apples. Maybe he turns into the next Willie or maybe he gets them rolling if they give him enough time. But piling on after the last 15+ years of mediocrity in Coral Gables is bad karma.

Advertisement
Norvell = Golden.

Maybe those ****noles can be a cheeseburger.
Norvell is better, but the toxic environment in Tallahassee is far worse than what Golden had here. Even with the "cloud". Tallahassee is a dumpster fire, and the administration won't let any coach clean up the mess. Boys have been boys far too long at FSU. They are honestly afraid that if they clean up the program, players will leave, and recruits won't come. It's a horrible, horrible mess.

FSU recruited well overall but their classes have been so unbalanced, they’ve made it tough to field a competitive team despite having a ton of highly rated guys.
This is an example of how “stacking chips” too much hurts your program. Signing 7 cornerbacks but zero running backs will hurt your team, even if all 7 corners are great players. If your roster has holes, you need to fill them even you have higher rated players at non-need spots. You can only play so many guys at a position. Having 4 star third stringers at corner with 2 Star starters on the offensive line is a recipe for disaster
Yo slide some of those 4 star CBs over to Rumph...

Advertisement
Those bums been in trouble. Norvell needs 2-3 years to weed out the Willie bums. Even after that, we still whooping that ***.
It's not just the Willie bums. It's the entire environment surrounding the football team. When players can get in trouble off campus and the TPD calls campus police, it's bad. Their players are coddled troublemakers that know they can get away with anything shy of murder. Maybe even that if they are a star player and there were no cameras rolling. I wouldn't touch that job if I were a head coach.

I had never seen a more sloppy offense than that Seminoles offense against Miami last year. That was atrocious.

Norvell just seemed like the wrong fit in Tallahassee. He may prove us all wrong since he is a good coach but I always viewed him as a guy that would do well at 2nd tier P5 school like a VT.

Advertisement
Back