NFL Coaching Thread

Advertisement
I was about to ask, were you happy with your new coach? He is an offensive guy, right? Being that u wanted a young guy, u probably not too happy. The NFL has an issue with regurgitating the same coaches over and over.
Basically he won them over because he came with a list of staff he'd personally vetted.

Everyone else he was interviewing against was busy being employed, coaching their teams in the Playoffs. Tepper has been hoodwinked again.

I'd have been interested in Moore, Steichen, Kafka, Johnson and Ryans. Maybe Evero if he interviewed well.

I wanted a young, dynamic HC. Try to hit the home run. Instead it feels like we've bunted a man to second and brought in a pinch runner.

Basically he won them over because he came with a list of staff he'd personally vetted.

Everyone else he was interviewing against was busy being employed, coaching their teams in the Playoffs. Tepper has been hoodwinked again.

I'd have been interested in Moore, Steichen, Kafka, Johnson and Ryans. Maybe Evero if he interviewed well.

I wanted a young, dynamic HC. Try to hit the home run. Instead it feels like we've bunted a man to second and brought in a pinch runner.
Well bunts can help you win, too. But I get what you saying. Now it comes down to 2 things. The staff he brings in…. and if he can hold the room and lead men.

Well bunts can help you win, too. But I get what you saying. Now it comes down to 2 things. The staff he brings in…. and if he can hold the room and lead men.
It's come down to whether he can fluke into a franchise QB, basically.

The Colts coaches and players seemed to like him, but he's not offering you a schematic advantage. It's a very, very mediocre hire. Peak Panthers.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement

@htownkidd
@JustAFanHTX

Are yall Texans fans? If so, how would like this hire?

Don’t hate it, don’t love it either. Needs a monster OC (sound familiar?). I would have went with a young offensive mastermind to build around Bryce but what do I know, lol. Texans need so much help though, especially on defense as there are probably only 3 long term pieces at best (Pitre, Stingley, Christian Harris). I wouldn’t hate it if they drafted Carter at 2, another front 7 impact guy at 12 and just waited for Maye/Williams next year but 🤷🏾‍♂️.

Ultimately I see it very similar to the Jets situation. In 2-3 years the defense could be one of the leagues best, but it all hinges on that QB/OC.

Don’t hate it, don’t love it either. Needs a monster OC (sound familiar?). I would have went with a young offensive mastermind to build around Bryce but what do I know, lol. Texans need so much help though, especially on defense as there are probably only 3 long term pieces at best (Pitre, Stingley, Christian Harris). I wouldn’t hate it if they drafted Carter at 2, another front 7 impact guy at 12 and just waited for Maye/Williams next year but 🤷🏾‍♂️.

Ultimately I see it very similar to the Jets situation. In 2-3 years the defense could be one of the leagues best, but it all hinges on that QB/OC.
If he can bring Steve Slowik with him he might have a good foundation to build on Offensively.

Assuming yall draft don’t draft a QB, if they can find someone to get Davis Mills to cut his INT’s in half he might make for a solid starter. But they need a lot of help at WR.

On Defense, aside from Jerry Hughes yall don’t have any real pass rush presence, but there’s some good pieces in the LB & CB group.

Advertisement
Back