NFL Coaching Thread

Advertisement
You got two first round picks to give up? He's also 60 next year - he's a short-term fix.
Good point re: the first rounders, especially if two is the going rate. Didn’t consider that. Still, i would be relatively shocked if he does not pick his franchise.

60 isn’t too old for a long term run of playoff seasons. Out of the last 100 head coaching hires, Id bet less than 10% lasted a decade and less than a quarter lasted 5 years. Sean is proven, those other guys are not.

The nfl is a short term league. Truthfully, so are most, if not all, pro sports leagues. Coaches and GMs who constantly lose are fired: circumstances be damned.

Advertisement
The nfl is a short term league. Truthfully, so are most, if not all, pro sports leagues. Coaches and GMs who constantly lose are fired: circumstances be damned.
Unless you get a job in Pittsburgh. Then you might as well buy a house and plan for your young kids to graduate high school there.

Ugh. If Mario doesn't at least make a move at OC for us then I'm gonna be a(n even more) miserable sumbich all next football season.

Unless you get a job in Pittsburgh. Then you might as well buy a house and plan for your young kids to graduate high school there.

Ugh. If Mario doesn't at least make a move at OC for us then I'm gonna be a(n even more) miserable sumbich all next football season.
Tomlin might have used voodoo magic to keep his no losing seasons streak alive.

Somehow I wired my mind to believe it is a matter of when, not if for Gattis being gone. Gattis back in 2023 would be a disaster from all angles.

I thought I would see Manny or Bruce tweet Gattis as Penn State’s Co-OC/WR today. I guess that is why they say hope is for fools.

Hoping for a Friday news dump of Gattis getting another job :roll-canes2:

Last edited:
Thank you football gods
B6B679B5-6D46-46A6-AB87-657FBEBEC5F9.gif

Advertisement
Tomlin might have used voodoo magic to keep his no losing seasons streak alive.

Somehow I wired my mind to believe it is a matter of when, not if for Gattis being gone. Gattis back in 2023 would be a disaster from all angles.

I thought I would see Manny or Bruce tweet Gattis as Co-OC/WR today. I guess that is why they say hope is for fools.

Hoping for a Friday news dump of Gattis getting another job :roll-canes2:
Tomlin is a **** good football coach.

Advertisement
My predictions:

Cardinals: Brian Flores
Panthers: Ejiro Evero
Broncos: DeMeco Ryans
Texans: Thomas Brown
Colts: Mike Kafka
Falcons DC: Vic Fangio
Rams OC: Mike LaFleur
Pats OC: Keenan McCardell
Jets OC: Kevin Patullo
Commanders OC: Pat Shurmur
This board didn’t like Thomas Brown when he was here.

Advertisement

So it looks like the Panthers have eliminated (or been eliminated by) all the exciting prospects and we're left with two failures and Kellen Moore.

Delightful.

Advertisement
Back