NFL Coaching Thread

Advertisement
I love these releases where they thank them for their "positive" effort with XYZ and mention the wife and kids and subtly tell them: daddy is unemployed now yer going to starve, but thanks for the contributions! You sucked here, go away!

Advertisement
What's there to be a fan of?

This was Tepper's chance to kick-start the franchise with a young, dynamic OC - y'know, keep up with the Jones' like all the freakin' teams in the Playoffs.

Instead he hires a 61 year old, milquetoast HC who was a first time HC only 5 years ago. Huzzah(!)
He is from the Philly/Doug Pederson tree. He also didn’t start coaching until 2005. I’ve got no skin in the game but he wasn’t a bad HC in Indy. Bad roster management hurt them more than his coaching.

What's there to be a fan of?

This was Tepper's chance to kick-start the franchise with a young, dynamic OC - y'know, keep up with the Jones' like all the freakin' teams in the Playoffs.

Instead he hires a 61 year old, milquetoast HC who was a first time HC only 5 years ago. Huzzah(!)
The middest corch out there. I will say the coaching pool was bad this year

@Tad Footeball

yikes-oops.gif

Advertisement
Advertisement
The middest corch out there. I will say the coaching pool was bad this year
I don't think the coaching pool was any worse this year than others. We've just gone out there and hired a mediocre old man.

I'm genuinely crushed today - all my excitement for the Panthers offseason has gone.

Advertisement
I don't think the coaching pool was any worse this year than others. We've just gone out there and hired a mediocre old man.

I'm genuinely crushed today - all my excitement for the Panthers offseason has gone.
I was about to ask, were you happy with your new coach? He is an offensive guy, right? Being that u wanted a young guy, u probably not too happy. The NFL has an issue with regurgitating the same coaches over and over.

Imo there were only two coaches that I would of been excited with (Ben Johnson and Steichen) and BJ backed out. Not a lot of great option this cycle

Ugh. Art II's nonsense there could've easily been written by Blake James. It's like let me combine the illogical WITH proof that I don't really know anything about football AND say it in a manner that is extra insulting to the fanbase. Win-win-win!

I swear to God Shamgod, if we retain Gattis too then I may have to stop watching any offensive possessions on Saturday and Sunday next fall. My neighbors have already complained to the police that I scream about murdering the next ************ that dials up a 6 yard pass play when it's 3rd and 8.

"They seemed to work well" If I look at the numbers, its evident they didn't.

If I had a leading function in my team and I had to explain to my boss why a certain person is being kept around despite not having the numbers and answering with "He seems to work well with the others", I'd be fired on the spot.

Edit: Well, but I am more glad that Bill doesn't entertain any of that. Judge was hated by the entirety of the coaching staff, the players and eventually Bill himself. Both him and Patricia are so outta there and thats so good.

Advertisement
Back