New roster weights

Advertisement
I’m a little surprised with the increased weight for most of the OL. In a spread offense even a run heavy Scheme like Lashlee runs, zone blocking is more often used than hat on hat or combo. Zone blocking favors more lean and athletic line man. I wonder f he intends to run more power and inside run in a single back set.
My thoughts also, Justice is also a Trickket guy and they like their guys lean in that zone blocking scheme.. I know lashlee comes from power spread tree but they run that hurry up style and that also usually leans towards lighter guys.. Hope we are in shape regardless.

John Campbell & Jarrid Williams have been working with my boy Coach Torrian Wilson for the last month or so on OL drills with footwork & everything else.

Campbell looks really good, expect his best season this year & I think he'll lock down that LT spot.
I forget which media outlet said it but Williams is locked into the right tackle spot. Do you think this is the right move? Does he not have the skills to play on the left? It would be nice to have Campbell lock down the LT spot for three years

Advertisement
I forget which media outlet said it but Williams is locked into the right tackle spot. Do you think this is the right move? Does he not have the skills to play on the left? It would be nice to have Campbell lock down the LT spot for three years
Yes it's the right move.

In Lashlee's offense it's necessary to have an atheltic Guard because of the heavy amount of pulling he has them doing on Run downs, so leaving Scaife at RG & keeping Jarrid at the spot he's most comfortable with at RT is smart.

Campbell often times last year had to make up for other lineman's mistakes, there were plays where the man next to him would miss his assignment & Campbell would be left to have to try & block 2 people at once. Not saying he didn't make mistakes as well because he did, but he actually wasn't as bad as some might think.

People also forget he was just a Red Frosh last year in his first full season as a starter, most OL's don't really hit their stride until year 3 or 4. He's naturally strong & can anchor well, playing at LT is his natural position he played in HS at Dr. Phillips, he will do better at that spot than at RT in IMO.

Benjamin was absolutely tiny at UM. He excelled here at around 150 pounds at one point.

I see both sides here.

A WR can put up big college numbers at under 175 lbs - no question. Travis Benjamin & Roscoe Parrish are great examples.

But yes - most sub 175 lb players (at any position) are also sub 6 ft.

It's legit to say a 6'1" 170 lb body type is a concern, because that body type almost doesn't exist in Football (at any position).

I see both sides here.

A WR can put up big college numbers at under 175 lbs - no question. Travis Benjamin & Roscoe Parrish are great examples.

It's legit to say a 6'1" 170 lb body type is a concern, because that body type almost doesn't exist in Football (at any position).
Lamar Thomas wasn’t much bigger.

Advertisement
I see both sides here.

Santana and Sinorice Moss

John Campbell & Jarrid Williams have been working with my boy Coach Torrian Wilson for the last month or so on OL drills with footwork & everything else.

Campbell looks really good, expect his best season this year & I think he'll lock down that LT spot.
If true, game changer.

Santana and Sinorice Moss

Santana 5-10 184
Sinorice 5-8 185

Noticeably smaller & more compact/heavier.

@Tetragrammaton Cane mentioned Lamar Thomas who was 6-1 175 lbs, but that was almost 30 years ago - which shows how uncommon this body type is

Here's Miami WR's height/weight at the combine since 2000 (not sure why 5-9 170 lb. Jeff Thomas isn't on it)

1596483627054.png

Advertisement
I see both sides here.

I doubt Pope is really 6'1. Pope's weight will be a non-issue here.

Advertisement
Unless the WR is an Andre Johnson clone there is no point to being 6-3 220

I'd say there's been way more WR's in the 6-3 220+ range that have hit big than WR's under 6'0" at any weight the last 20 years:

Calvin Johnson
Larry Fitzgerald
Julio Jones
Mike Evans
Demariyus Thomas
Brandon Marshall
Vincent Jackson
Plaxico Burress
DK Metcalf

Advertisement
Back