New Depth Chart Out

View as article
Advertisement
Lol yall are trippin over this Depth Chart.... there is close to 2 weeks left before the first game and if u think the D. Chart is going to look the same by then, then you havent been paying attention.

Maybe, but Jenkins has had all summer and two weeks of fall camp to beat out the other safeties. Hasn't happened. Don't think much will change from now until FAU. Some guys may get more time, but after two days off, its game week. Not time to try to win a spot. All about game preparation.

Lol I wasnt talking about Ray Jenkins moving up b/c a lot of these guys on here know where I stand on him by now.... but Deon Bush is going to be a starter thats a fact.

Jamal Carter isnt ready to be on the Depth Chart right now, but he will get a few reps at the beginning of the season regardless.

Walter Tucker being moved to FB is a very smart decision imo.... Gus Edwards is too much of a potential playmaker at RB to have to play FB.

K. Cain being moved back to Linebacker is a genius move.... he should've stayed from the beginning and it tells you that Jawand Blue is embarrassingly bad at this point.

IMO That D-line depth chart looks like the best it has looked in years... this is the strength of the defense. I can see Jelani Hamilton moving back to DE after this year but he is going to be a difference maker.

Lol yall are trippin over this Depth Chart.... there is close to 2 weeks left before the first game and if u think the D. Chart is going to look the same by then, then you havent been paying attention.

Maybe, but Jenkins has had all summer and two weeks of fall camp to beat out the other safeties. Hasn't happened. Don't think much will change from now until FAU. Some guys may get more time, but after two days off, its game week. Not time to try to win a spot. All about game preparation.

Ok, but Eddie Johnson had all summer and all fall camp to beat out Armbrister, but he couldn't. He played better in games, and became the starter.

http://www.hurricanesports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=28700&ATCLID=209102218

The Depth Chart on the official website has Malcolm Lewis now listed as a redshirt freshman

Also has Rodgers as a junior on the depth chart. Official roster has him listed as a Sr. He played in three games in his freshman season. Oh the bricks that will be **** if he got a redshirt year.

Honestly I hope he really is a Junior and has another year.... he could actually become a slightly above average Safety by that time and Miami is still going to need Depth there. He has shown improvement from last year to this year imo and another year wont hurt.

Ok, but Eddie Johnson had all summer and all fall camp to beat out Armbrister, but he couldn't. He played better in games, and became the starter.

People are talking about the depth chart changing going into the FAU game. I don't see it. Game performance will change things but I don't think anything besides injury and Deon Bush back at full strength will change it in the next 9 days or so.

Advertisement
fincane I think the Depth Chart can and will change.... if a player is slipping in the next 2 weeks in practice then he can lose his spot. Al Golden just said today that 2 weeks is like an eternity in FB.

I can easily see the coaching staff moving Thurston over to WLB and moving T.McCord up to 2nd string SLB by that time. Those 2 LBs are better then Tyrone Cornelius who is currently right behind D. Perryman.

Rayshawn Jenkins has plenty of time to beat out the worst scholarship safety on the roster AJ Highsmith.

Last edited:
I really like Tucker at FB. Could be our version of Lonnie Pryor for Coley. Good runner, pass receiver, and a decent lead blocker but someone you ave to account for when he is on the field.

fincane I think the Depth Chart can and will change.... if a player is slipping in the next 2 weeks in practice then that he can lose his spot. Al Golden just said today that 2 weeks is like an eternity in FB.

I can easily see the coaching staff moving Thurston over to WLB and moving T.McCord up to 2nd string SLB by that time. Those 2 LBs are better then Tyrone Cornelius who is currently right behind D. Perryman.

Rayshawn Jenkins has plenty of time to beat out the worst scholarship safety on the roster AJ Highsmith.

Its not two weeks. Off for two days. Back at it on Thursday. Game on Friday. Its a week. Don't know why you think it'll happen. They've all had two scrimmages to make a move. People have been saying things like this all camp and summer. I expect this and that to happen. Why now? Hasn't yet. Why would the players you want to slip actually slip? They haven't yet. The real changes we've seen are the newcomers taking spots. The guys that have been there since spring haven't made the move you wanted them to make.

I do think they'll be enough different packages that alot guys will play in different situations.

Last edited:
fincane I think the Depth Chart can and will change.... if a player is slipping in the next 2 weeks in practice then that he can lose his spot. Al Golden just said today that 2 weeks is like an eternity in FB.

Its not two weeks. Off for two days. Back at it on Thursday. Game on Friday. Its a week. Don't know why you think it'll happen. They've all had two scrimmages to make a move. People have been saying things like this all camp and summer. I expect this and that to happen. Why now? Hasn't yet. Why would the players you want to slip actually slip? They haven't yet. The real changes we've seen are the newcomers taking spots. The guys that have been there since spring haven't made the move you wanted them to make.

i dont have guys that I want to slip, i'm not that guy..... I think the guys who end up in the rotation are the ones that deserve it at this point.

Al Golden said on WQAM on monday morning that Figs, Armbrister, and McCord have been so impressive that they are considering moving one of them over to Middle or Weakside b/c all 3 deserve to be on the two deep.... those were his exact words.

He also has been saying that the Depth Chart will probably only be 50 - 60 % final and, for the other half these next, however many practices, will determine how the 2 deep will shake out. So i'm not hoping for any changes b/c I already think this team is good enough to get it done but half of the depth chart is still fluid at this point based on Al Golden's own words.

Advertisement

i dont have guys that I want to slip, i'm not that guy..... I think the guys who end up in the rotation are the ones that deserve it at this point.

Al Golden said on WQAM on monday morning that Figs, Armbrister, and McCord have been so impressive that they are considering moving one of them over to Middle or Weakside b/c all 3 deserve to be on the two deep.... those were his exact words.

He also has been saying that the Depth Chart will probably only be 50 - 60 % final and, for the other half these next, however many practices, will determine how the 2 deep will shake out. So i'm not hoping for any changes b/c I already think this team is good enough to get it done but half of the depth chart is still fluid at this point based on Al Golden's own words.

I have no doubt the depth chart is fluid. I do doubt that the guys who couldn't secure major roles who have been here since spring are gonna do it in the next 5 or so practices.

McCord will be asked to rush the passer no matter where he lines up. Cornileus is a coverage backer. Same position on the depth chart or not, I don't think they will be asked to do the same thing.

Advertisement

I have no doubt the depth chart is fluid. I do doubt that the guys who couldn't secure major roles who have been here since spring are gonna do it in the next 5 or so practices.

McCord will be asked to rush the passer no matter where he lines up. Cornileus is a coverage backer. Same position on the depth chart or not, they won't be asked to do the same thing.

I agree that if you aint on the depth chart at this point you wont magically appear on it by the time FAU rolls around.... but for those currently on the depth chart, half of them can move up from 2nd to 1st if they earn it. That's all i'm saying.

Basically it doesnt really matter anyway b/c everyone on the depth chart will play..... the best in practice starts and the best on gameday finish.

Really don't understand what Golden was thinking putting Artie Burns at CB when our safety depth is complete ****. We need him much more at safety right now than we do at CB. He can always move back to CB later if need be. Even during his recruitment most people though his highest ceiling was at safety. He's known for months that Bush was dealing with this hernia issue and was going to take awhile to get back. Could have put Burns at safety and given him time to learn the position. Because there's no way Highsmith and Kacy Rogers should ever be starting here.

Really don't understand what Golden was thinking putting Artie Burns at CB when our safety depth is complete ****. We need him much more at safety right now than we do at CB. He can always move back to CB later if need be. Even during his recruitment most people though his highest ceiling was at safety. He's known for months that Bush was dealing with this hernia issue and was going to take awhile to get back. Could have put Burns at safety and given him time to learn the position. Because there's no way Highsmith and Kacy Rogers should ever be starting here.

We should hire this guy. High football IQ. Stays cool under pressure.

/accidentally liked when I meant to neg. Will neg in future.

Advertisement

Who said this? No one that I know of.

I personally wanted Artie Burns to play safety b/c I thought having him and Jamal Carter in the same class would greatly increase the overall talent level at the position, which is obvious, and i knew that the safety position was going to look like it is now. I dont think most ppl thought his "heighest ceiling" was at safety, i think his heighest ceiling is wherever he ends up.

But I think he is a great fit at cornerback, so i'm kinda torn about it b/c the need is at safety but now i prefer him more at corner. I think eventually he may have no choice but to go to safety especially since RLIII and Corn Elder are also corners from the same recruiting class.

The site you're posting on right now said so. http://www.canesinsight.com/content/1154-Recruit-Notebook-Artie-Burns

Oh and not to mention one of the greatest DBs to ever play football thinks so as well:

User ActionsDeion Sanders says within two plays at #UAGame practice that #Miami DB commit Artie Burns plays like a safety.

10:28 AM - 1 Jan 13

But yeah, go ahead. Neg away.

Lol at the Noles

Alex Figueroa, True freshman, listed as Miami's costarter at OLB, listed at 6'3" 235. Rivals measurements, 2012, 6'2" 210. Ok.
10:13pm - 19 Aug 13

Then again, where was the Biogenesis clinic?
10:03pm - 19 Aug 13

An average gain of 10 lbs per front 7 starter, eh? LolK.
10:02pm - 19 Aug 13

So it looks like the people who report Miami's home attendance are now in charge of player heights/weights.
10:04pm - 19 Aug 13

@TheOneBarrelRum oh just UM grossly inflating player weights. Current depth chart has their front 7 at 1890 lbs.
9:56pm - 19 Aug 13

They scared.

Advertisement
Back