New Depth Chart Out

View as article
Didn't read through the 7 pages on this thread, but the first thing I noticed was Seantrel @ RT and Flowers @ LT

Advertisement
Wow at the over-reaction. It's the first depth chart of the first game! Last year, the depth chart changed almost weekly...

Relax...

This depth chart is set in stone for the entire year according to Chris Freet

Advertisement
Really don't understand what Golden was thinking putting Artie Burns at CB when our safety depth is complete ****. We need him much more at safety right now than we do at CB. He can always move back to CB later if need be. Even during his recruitment most people though his highest ceiling was at safety. He's known for months that Bush was dealing with this hernia issue and was going to take awhile to get back. Could have put Burns at safety and given him time to learn the position. Because there's no way Highsmith and Kacy Rogers should ever be starting here.

Who said this? No one that I know of.

The site you're posting on right now said so. http://www.canesinsight.com/content/1154-Recruit-Notebook-Artie-Burns

Oh and not to mention one of the greatest DBs to ever play football thinks so as well:

User ActionsDeion Sanders says within two plays at #UAGame practice that #Miami DB commit Artie Burns plays like a safety.

10:28 AM - 1 Jan 13

But yeah, go ahead. Neg away.

This board is full of expert football evaluators now? Oh and Deion Sanders isn't a scout either. Playing the game doesn't mean you can properly evaluate potential.

Hypothetical question: Would people be happy if Rodgers and Highsmith both blew out their ACLs, thereby forcing guys like Carter and Burns into action?

Advertisement
deon bush isn't 100% we all know that. him and carter will be playing alot by year's end.

Hypothetical question: Would people be happy if Rodgers and Highsmith both blew out their ACLs, thereby forcing guys like Carter and Burns into action?

After what I saw with Ben Jones, Davon Johnson, Jeremy Lewis, Brandon McGee etc. I am willing to give the staff the benefit of the doubt (I know very big of me) when it comes to developing players who have shown next to nothing during their tenure.

Advertisement

After what I saw with Ben Jones, Davon Johnson, Jeremy Lewis, Brandon McGee etc. I am willing to give the staff the benefit of the doubt (I know very big of me) when it comes to developing players who have shown next to nothing during their tenure.

Good point. That being said, we need to make a rule not allowing Rogers to tackle any teammates in practice. Lord knows he could hurt somebody with his lasso tackles

Good point. That being said, we need to make a rule not allowing Rogers to tackle any teammates in practice. Lord knows he could hurt somebody with his lasso tackles

I heard he tried to last boy scout someone.

Advertisement
Really don't understand what Golden was thinking putting Artie Burns at CB when our safety depth is complete ****. We need him much more at safety right now than we do at CB. He can always move back to CB later if need be. Even during his recruitment most people though his highest ceiling was at safety. He's known for months that Bush was dealing with this hernia issue and was going to take awhile to get back. Could have put Burns at safety and given him time to learn the position. Because there's no way Highsmith and Kacy Rogers should ever be starting here.

Who said this? No one that I know of.

The site you're posting on right now said so. http://www.canesinsight.com/content/1154-Recruit-Notebook-Artie-Burns

Oh and not to mention one of the greatest DBs to ever play football thinks so as well:

User ActionsDeion Sanders says within two plays at #UAGame practice that #Miami DB commit Artie Burns plays like a safety.

10:28 AM - 1 Jan 13

But yeah, go ahead. Neg away.

This board is full of expert football evaluators now? Oh and Deion Sanders isn't a scout either. Playing the game doesn't mean you can properly evaluate potential.

So you're telling me Deion Sanders, who evaluates DBs for a living on NFL network, can't properly evaluate them. Please....Just shut the **** up.

You're arguing for the sake of arguing, stop being a dumbass.

Keep in mind that Sanders watched a whole 2 plays before making his proclamation. So, his sample size was probably a little smaller than that of our coaches. In addition, Sanders didn't say Artie can't play CB. He said he plays like a Safety, which could have been plaudits for Artie's physicality. Sure seems like Artie possesses the requisite physical necessities to play CB.

I'm starting to think that Armbrister, AJ Highsmith and K. Rogers are the new Romeo Davis' of this year's team... No matter how hard you dislike them and/or do not want them to start, they always seem to be in your face like a John Madden 'BOOM!'

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back