New Depth Chart Out

View as article
Advertisement
Like Kelvin Cain being flexible and playing all over the place.

Renfrow i guarantee only is 2nd team as a NOSE...in certain fronts.

Hamilton has been looking really good this camp...i doubt Renfrow plays before him....

Stacey Coley i have penciled in for 4tds already on the season. Kid is going to show up...heck last year they Gave Lockhart a few chances to score he didnt come through.@ worse Coley will get targeted double what Lockhart got early in the year.

I dont know why u guys didnt think Kacy Rodgers or AJ Highsmith wont be listed as starters...**** Highsmith is sort of a coach's pet and a heady guy that likely can line up the d..etc..Not saying i like it..but in games like the UF game those types will be needed. Highsmith has NO RANGE..but around the line of scrimmage he can be productive as he can tackle....Kacy Rodgers is a wildcard to me...kid really needs to turn it around.

Maybe I'm reading too much into this but let's not forget this is FAU week. Golden has a strong bond with his seniors and gave a lot of honorary starts last year. It might just he a reward for a lot of hard work. If those guys are playing the majority of the snaps against UiF, then I will start worrying.

Also he may be keying on Jenkins as a guy that needs a little motivation.

Could Rogers and Highsmith step it up this year?

246.gif

not trolling with this question, i swear: why did people have such high hopes for rayshawn? he played okay at the end of last year but was a fairly middling three-star recruit. idk, just seemed like wishful thinking to think dude would step in and dominate as a sophomore.

Advertisement
Like Kelvin Cain being flexible and playing all over the place.

Renfrow i guarantee only is 2nd team as a NOSE...in certain fronts.

Hamilton has been looking really good this camp...i doubt Renfrow plays before him....

Stacey Coley i have penciled in for 4tds already on the season. Kid is going to show up...heck last year they Gave Lockhart a few chances to score he didnt come through.@ worse Coley will get targeted double what Lockhart got early in the year.

I dont know why u guys didnt think Kacy Rodgers or AJ Highsmith wont be listed as starters...**** Highsmith is sort of a coach's pet and a heady guy that likely can line up the d..etc..Not saying i like it..but in games like the UF game those types will be needed. Highsmith has NO RANGE..but around the line of scrimmage he can be productive as he can tackle....Kacy Rodgers is a wildcard to me...kid really needs to turn it around.

Rodgers is a wildcard alright.

You never know just how completely ridiculous his ****-up is gonna be.

Super disappointed about not seeing Tyriq anywhere. I have such high hopes for that kid. Hopefully this is just a motivation tactic and he just goes absolutely nuts on GreenTree. God **** I want him to be a beast so badly.

Advertisement
i don't get at all these people who say rashawn scott is as talented as any WR on the team. if you take out the weird NC st game where he caught two 60 yard touchdowns because NC st didn't realize play continues even if the defense goes offsides, he averaged 40 yards per game with very minimal competition. dorsett, lewis, coley and waters are all easily more talented than him and while hurns is probably not hurns can at least catch the ball. people forget that we very nearly lost to GT because rashawn tipped up a pass right in his hands on the final regulation drive of the game (go look it up).

anyway between those other 5 WRs and two or three tight ends i don't think scott needs to see the field too often. definitely good for depth though.

long. Would be the worst starting safety combo in the ACC.

Why do the Canes have a former third string QB who runs a 5.2 40 playing safety for the Miami Hurricanes??? What a joke. I'm not even going to waste my time discussing Rodgers. Move some running backs to safety or play the young dudes.

not trolling with this question, i swear: why did people have such high hopes for rayshawn? he played okay at the end of last year but was a fairly middling three-star recruit. idk, just seemed like wishful thinking to think dude would step in and dominate as a sophomore.

I thought he looked like a gamebreaking athlete back there at Safety as a true freshman and had a few mental lapses that you'd expect from a safety. The hope was that with a summer as "The Guy" back there he'd get more used to his spot and hold it down. Peter has mentioned he might have some bad weight and hasn't put the distance between himself and Highsmith that needed to be made for Golden to go around Seniority so he will come in off the bench most likely till he proves himself.

Advertisement
long. Would be the worst starting safety combo in the ACC.

Why do the Canes have a former third string QB who runs a 5.2 40 playing safety for the Miami Hurricanes??? What a joke. I'm not even going to waste my time discussing Rodgers. Move some running backs to safety or play the young dudes.

Cant wait untill I see the whiff of Highsmith against any runningback in the hole...FML

but negged for being and attention ***** when theres already a thread

I want Jenking to beat Hughsmith and control the safety position. This kid has all of the physical tools but I believe Highsmith's football intelligence is what has been giving him the edge. If Kacy Rodgers can play this season how he played against VT last season he could actually be a very solid player this season. Kacy is the guy I expect to have the suprise SR season, don't forget last season was his first year playing safety.

The most exciting thing about this depth chart is there are only 5 true freshman on the entire depth chart and only 1 is truly pushing for a starting job. Walter Tucker with his speed and if he is used like a Najeh Davenport could be a real matchup nightmare.

The schedule we have early in the season is going to allow this staff to get a good handle on this depth chart and truly understand how the new guys will perform in game situation. FAU, Savannah State, & USF could all be used like preseason games to get this depth chart finalized before starting conference play.

Advertisement
Lulz at the overreactions. Depth charts 10+ days out aren't set in stone.

Also, just because a kid isn't on the 2/3 deep now doesn't mean he won't be later.

McCord will see plenty of burn as an edge rusher.

I want Jenking to beat Hughsmith and control the safety position. This kid has all of the physical tools but I believe Highsmith's football intelligence is what has been giving him the edge. If Kacy Rodgers can play this season how he played against VT last season he could actually be a very solid player this season. Kacy is the guy I expect to have the suprise SR season, don't forget last season was his first year playing safety.

The most exciting thing about this depth chart is there are only 5 true freshman on the entire depth chart and only 1 is truly pushing for a starting job. Walter Tucker with his speed and if he is used like a Najeh Davenport could be a real matchup nightmare.

The schedule we have early in the season is going to allow this staff to get a good handle on this depth chart and truly understand how the new guys will perform in game situation. FAU, Savannah State, & USF could all be used like preseason games to get this depth chart finalized before starting conference play.

That VT game he pretty muched played slot corner..I believe he an can excel there as long as the WR isnt a burner...But his read and react skills are atrocious

That VT game he pretty muched played slot corner..I believe he an can excel there as long as the WR isnt a burner...But his read and react skills are atrocious

Agreed. I've never seen a kid with a worse feel for where the ball is going once its up in the air. In NCAA 14 his Ball Skills rating would be 0. The further from the line, the worse for him it seems though he is a physical kid. You would hope he could eventually play safety just from his build.

I was kind of hoping some of the Freshmen on the defensive side of the ball would be pushing for starting jobs. Grace, Burns etc.

Just because the D was horrible last year. I expect it to be much better with the influx of mature DL talent Golden has managed to acquire, but it's still a worry.

Advertisement
Back