New Calvin Ridley Article on Rivals

Genron is going to be the excuse for everything now. Win games and change the joke-like perception of this program in the community, and the entire demeanor of the recruits and the local community will change. Unfortunately, UM is a joke in the community right now mainly because of that historically pathetic defense we've been fielding.

You're right but it's exacerbated by the pack mentality of grabbing onto the whole "program is a joke" mantra that's made worse by the leeches of recruiting. They ain't helping.

And smh at "family members" telling him to wait.

Let the handouts begin.

Advertisement
Genron is going to be the excuse for everything now. Win games and change the joke-like perception of this program in the community, and the entire demeanor of the recruits and the local community will change. Unfortunately, UM is a joke in the community right now mainly because of that historically pathetic defense we've been fielding.

You're right but it's exacerbated by the pack mentality of grabbing onto the whole "program is a joke" mantra that's made worse by the leeches of recruiting. They ain't helping.

Let the handouts begin.

Or they could just be looking out for their kids and making sure they make the right decision.

They probably don't want to see their kids commit, and then decommit like everybody else out there.

Nothing wrong with having them wait a little and investigate everything thoroughly. It's the smart thing to do.

Let the handouts begin.

Or they could just be looking out for their kids and making sure they make the right decision.

They probably don't want to see their kids commit, and then decommit like everybody else out there.

Nothing wrong with having them wait a little and investigate everything thoroughly. It's the smart thing to do.

shhhhh that makes sense

Last edited:
Ridley is a bigger Cane fan than SBB
SBB is a great kid and wanted to commit
Their PARENTS are their mentors
Their mother asked them to slow down the process
RELAX and be respectful
Imagine having two 5* kids in the same house. That alone as a GOOD PARENT implies to be patient and not make quick decisions.

shhhhh this makes sense too

Advertisement
The guy who mentors both of these kids is a straight arrow and likes miami. If you thought two 5* kids from south Florida were going to commit early and shut it down, idk what to tell you.

Ridley is a bigger Cane fan than SBB
SBB is a great kid and wanted to commit
Their PARENTS are their mentors
Their mother asked them to slow down the process
RELAX and be respectful
Imagine having two 5* kids in the same house. That alone as a GOOD PARENT implies to be patient and not make quick decisions.

They really live together/have the same parent(s)? I didn't know that.

Advertisement
The guy who mentors both of these kids is a straight arrow and likes miami. If you thought two 5* kids from south Florida were going to commit early and shut it down, idk what to tell you.

Duke Johnson and KC Mcdermott say hi

Two outliers to a trend.

dalvin cook, ermon lane, Travis Rudolph, Tracy Howard, and just about every other 5* kid from south Florida say hi too. It is best for recruits to see the top 5 schools they are interested in during the spring/summer heading into their senior year before making a decision.

Two outliers to a trend.

dalvin cook, ermon lane, Travis Rudolph, Tracy Howard, and just about every other 5* kid from south Florida say hi too. It is best for recruits to see the top 5 schools they are interested in during the spring/summer heading into their senior year before making a decision.

True

But, one can dream that dream that these 2 would be in that Duke Johnson mold... Oh well

Two outliers to a trend.

True

But, one can dream that dream that these 2 would be in that Duke Johnson mold... Oh well

Theres only a handful of those types every year and thats luck to even have that many. Biggest decision of a kids life where everybody will be in their ear and pushing them wherever to find kids who commit early and not just stay solid but to not waver or take visits? You cant keep praying for those kids you'll be disappointed

Meh.

If they keep on saying that Miami is front, they aren't gonna get as much attention. They want attention. Pretty **** simple.

Are they gonna sign here? Who knows, but they're just looking for a little more attention at this point.

Schools are gonna come after them no matter what. In fact, if they continue to say that Miami is in front then I think schools like Bama or FSU would come even harder at them.

Advertisement
They are no more or less committed than they were 2 weeks before, but the the sky is falling society of weak kneed drama queens are out in full force menstruating all over the message board.

By the way, Scout and Canesport want their children back

Meh.

If they keep on saying that Miami is front, they aren't gonna get as much attention. They want attention. Pretty **** simple.

Are they gonna sign here? Who knows, but they're just looking for a little more attention at this point.

Schools are gonna come after them no matter what. In fact, if they continue to say that Miami is in front then I think schools like Bama or FSU would come even harder at them.

I wasn't necessarily talking about attention from schools, but you do make some good points. Whether they commit now or on signing day, it's going to be a battle for them for the entire process.

Advertisement
Win and they will come

This has always been the case and that worries the **** out of me.

We have a lame duck HC who doesn't want to be here, and one who I truly believe peaked at 9-3 last year with the easiest schedule we'll ever see.

Let the handouts begin.

Im Huge Can Fan and talk more trash than alot of people about us but I would tell anybody to wait and weigh there options. unlike us they have over 20 schools they can go to. there might be something special about another place then another place. i would want whats best from my child,nephew,brother whomever. i like that their parents told them to step and go through the process in the end i really want them to be canes badly especially ridley but you never know what can happen

Ok, so we already got blaming their "handlers" out of the way -- if I have this correct, the next step is to harass their head coach and principal via e-mail while accusing their school of being an SEC funded diploma mill.

I'm excited that Genron has elevated to this Boogieman-level character in Miami recruiting. I just hope it spills over to the season. Give up a long touchdown to FSU? In Seinfeld's voice when he sees Newman: "Genron."

Advertisement
Back