New Calvin Ridley Article on Rivals

TriStarCane

Coaching Carousel 2029
Once A Cane Lean, Ridley Changing Things Up
-He'll attend same school as Shawn Burgess Becker
-Considering almost 20 schools
-Says he doesn't know who he would have picked on the day he was supposed to announce
-He did say that "Miami's been in front," but that that's no longer the case. "Now I'm open," he said.
-When asked what had changed: "I don't know," he says. "I just thought about it."
-"At first we were like we should commit, but then our family members told us it wasn't a good idea, it was too early. And friends in college said it's too early."
-Visiting Bama in March/April
-Says he doesn't know if he's going to release a Top 5 or not, just going with the flow
-Ridley says he and Burgess-Becker "always" talk about their college options but that they don't want to make any information from those conversations public.
-Will announce around or on signing day

http://miami.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1609262
///this should be fun

Advertisement
Advertisement
"He did say that "Miami's been in front," but that that's no longer the case. "Now I'm open," he said."

LULZ I hate S.Florida recruiting.

Advertisement
Genron gonna Genron.

Genron written all over this. Just so happens they don't announce after that supposely ran into Genron at those rtryouts. Plus his tweet. Kid should be open and all. Should tak visit and whatnot. But to be all Cane and then no is genronology.

"He did say that "Miami's been in front," but that that's no longer the case. "Now I'm open," he said."

I covered this whole thought process and attitude weeks ago. These kids are impossible to deal with. Their thought process regarding schools recruiting them:

Too much attention and you're annoying
Too little and you aren't trying hard enough- not showing "much love"

It's a can't win situation with a good amount of these kids.

My thought is that we need to win the Coastal and we get a great haul. Ridley IMO has FSU written all over him. Jameis will be gone and they are stacked already. I don't care if Winston and Jimbo said 2 more years. That's not happening if he stays healthy.

Advertisement
Genron gonna Genron.

Genron written all over this. Just so happens they don't announce after that supposely ran into Genron at those rtryouts. Plus his tweet. Kid should be open and all. Should tak visit and whatnot. But to be all Cane and then no is genronology.

Genron is a coach on the SF Fire I believe so they didn't really have to just run into him by chance. Not only that, but I believe Pete said that Genron was a "mentor" or the "handler" for SBB....

Guy's got his googly eye's on next years meal tickets already.

Last edited:
don't panic all we gotta do is stay on these kids, the pull for them to stay home will be too strong.

Advertisement

I covered this whole thought process and attitude weeks ago. These kids are impossible to deal with. Their thought process regarding schools recruiting them:

Too much attention and you're annoying
Too little and you aren't trying hard enough- not showing "much love"

It's a can't win situation with a good amount of these kids.

My thought is that we need to win the Coastal and we get a great haul. Ridley IMO has FSU written all over him. Jameis will be gone and they are stacked already. I don't care if Winston and Jimbo said 2 more years. That's not happening if he stays healthy.

Some life advice most of us have received at some point: The best way to deal with females who can't figure out the amount of attention they want is to drop the focus on them and place it on having something they really want.

This seems like the best way to deal with recruiting. Win football games. Develop talent into NFL draft picks. Gain leverage.

Too early to care. Miami was definitely the school they were announcing to. His mom wanted him at Miami. Let them enjoy the recruiting process.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back