New Calvin Ridley Article on Rivals

Once A Cane Lean, Ridley Changing Things Up
-He'll attend same school as Shawn Burgess Becker
-Considering almost 20 schools
-Says he doesn't know who he would have picked on the day he was supposed to announce
-He did say that "Miami's been in front," but that that's no longer the case. "Now I'm open," he said.
-When asked what had changed: "I don't know," he says. "I just thought about it."
-"At first we were like we should commit, but then our family members told us it wasn't a good idea, it was too early. And friends in college said it's too early."
-Visiting Bama in March/April
-Says he doesn't know if he's going to release a Top 5 or not, just going with the flow
-Ridley says he and Burgess-Becker "always" talk about their college options but that they don't want to make any information from those conversations public.
-Will announce around or on signing day

http://miami.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1609262
///this should be fun

306.gif

Advertisement
I know SBB loves Miami but i think Ridley may be thinking things over. I wouldnt be surprised if they didnt play together at the next level. i think if we beat or at least compete with FSU Ridley will be convinced.

we can't out coach them and we can't out recruit them, don't hold your breath.

On one hand, the likelihood of Ridley and SBB announcing on or around signing day is concerning because this staff has been miserable at closing on elite South Florida recruits (2 of 10 on NSD for stars from our backyard the last two years).

But ultimately they're making the right decision by exploring their options first before making a commitment. If they gave soft verbal commits to Miami while saying they weren't 100% committed and would still take visits elsewhere, it wouldn't mean much of anything.

Aside from continuing to establish to them that they're our top priorities, we have to...

- Win the Coastal.
- Improve dramatically on defense.
- Diversify the offensive attack, as Coley has alluded to this offseason now that Morris is gone.
- Allow our young talent to play with the type of attitude we've been missing these past few years.

The on-field product will have far more impact in terms of trying to land these two than any lip service about trending upwards.

Advertisement
Sounds like him and SBB want to build some suspense with their announcements. Just need to make sure the staff stays on them. I feel confident that they are still cane leans.

Genron is going to be the excuse for everything now. Win games and change the joke-like perception of this program in the community, and the entire demeanor of the recruits and the local community will change. Unfortunately, UM is a joke in the community right now mainly because of that historically pathetic defense we've been fielding.

They are a joke in the community because of people like Genron... I figured you'd be smart enough to realize that!

Genron is going to be the excuse for everything now. Win games and change the joke-like perception of this program in the community, and the entire demeanor of the recruits and the local community will change. Unfortunately, UM is a joke in the community right now mainly because of that historically pathetic defense we've been fielding.

They are a joke in the community because of people like Genron... I figured you'd be smart enough to realize that!

Negative influences in the ears of elite recruits like SBB and Ridley certainly don't help matters, but the perception in the community exists because of the on-field product. Anti-UM comments from mentors or handlers or whatever you want to call them would fall on deaf ears if some of the criticism wasn't valid.

Getting curb stomped in the bowl game, competing for one half against the best team in the country before getting our doors blown off at FSU, collapsing down the stretch after a 7-0 start, our defense continuing to be an abomination, etc.

Turn it around on the field, win the Coastal, revive our trademark attitude, prove we belong when matched up against ranked opponents, and the program's reputation in the community would flip in an instant.

I didn't figure that you'd be smart enough to realize that guys like Genron would have zero fodder if Fat Al took care of business on the field and didn't field a joke of a defense for 3 years that has gotten progressively worse. UM is a joke because of what UM has done on the field. Genron is feeding off the joke that Al created and continues to trot out there.

Advertisement
Cane leans until senior year. Puzzling..........

We should probably start firing up the conspiracy machine, because if we do lose, that's the only explanation we'll get from the fans.

Certainly an elite prospect like Ridley, who recently started accumulating big-time offer after big-time offer, wouldn't have every school knocking on his door as his senior year approaches.

Advertisement
Damm its funny how these kids are cane locks untill they join them 7 on 7 teams sf express an Florida fire are two names that stand out

Advertisement
Damm its funny how these kids are cane locks untill they join them 7 on 7 teams sf express an Florida fire are two names that stand out

Yeah man as soon as Coley, Tyre Brady, Mayes, Howard, Duke, & Deon joined that team I knew we would never get them.

wish we were so dominant that if you don't commit once we offer, you can't come in.

sort of like how Texas can just clean up instate.

then again, which programs can do this?

Genron gonna Genron.

Genron written all over this. Just so happens they don't announce after that supposely ran into Genron at those rtryouts. Plus his tweet. Kid should be open and all. Should tak visit and whatnot. But to be all Cane and then no is genronology.

Genron is a coach on the SF Fire I believe so they didn't really have to just run into him by chance. Not only that, but I believe Pete said that Genron was a "mentor" or the "handler" for SBB....

Guy's got his googly eye's on next years meal tickets already.
LUTZ at this post
wrong, wrong and wrong

Ridley is a bigger Cane fan than SBB
SBB is a great kid and wanted to commit
Their PARENTS are their mentors
Their mother asked them to slow down the process
RELAX and be respectful
Imagine having two 5* kids in the same house. That alone as a GOOD PARENT implies to be patient and not make quick decisions.

Advertisement
Back