Nesta...

I mentioned to my brother shortly after the season that I was worried about your boy Nesta. I know he's a beast and I'm all about it but I really think he might get kicked out of the Florida game.

Advertisement
Controlled fury has to be his MO.

Still remember Sapp prancing and preening after every play early in that Nebraska bowl game, then get gassed and bulldozed in the fourth quarter.

Advertisement

3:43
Anyone want to hear coach bakers full comment about nesta where he was raving about him and also providing things he needs to work on or nah?

“He’s definitely becoming more coachable,”
“ his want to is there”
“He’s a load inside”
“Great ball get off”
“ Great explosiveness”
“Low center of gravity”
“He’s everything that you want in a DT”
These are quotes coach baker said in his interview today

Advertisement
This inteview has a totally different tone about Nesta than what that tweet conveys.

Exactly! He said it with a smile and laugh. He clearly loves Nesta’s passion but there’s a line between passion and being a detriment to your own teammates. He’s young and will figure it out but coach isn’t trying to reign in his aggressiveness like the quote suggests.

That's all He needs.
[/QUOTE]

Nah. You get to the elite programs and these interior linemen are strong. Going to take some technique. Willis’ bread and butter was the swim.

That's all He needs.

Nah. You get to the elite programs and these interior linemen are strong. Going to take some technique. Willis’ bread and butter was the swim.
[/QUOTE]
He’s Getting knocked for only having that 1 swim move too as is joe Jackson with his bullrush. While our dline play has been great in recent years we still hear all of these comments from draft guys about how raw our guys are, lack of pass rush moves or doesn’t use their hands. Hope we see less of that in the future

Advertisement
It's fine for a kid like Nesta to be passionate and show that fire, but he needs to reign it in a bit.
1 - that's a whole lot of uncontrolled penalties waiting to happen
2- those are his teammates, you can be tough and push them but if you start to be an ***, you will lose them. We don't need more locker room problems.

I think we're all taking Baker's comments out of context. Does Nesta have work to do? Yes, but I doubt it's as bad as we're all making it out to be.

Advertisement
There's a difference between playing with passion and being coachable and throwing temper tantrums like a child....

He threw plenty of temper tantrums last season during practice...

I hope he can continue to mature because I'd love him to be productive for us .

Rosier 12/23 170 yds 1 INT; Perry 3/6 20 2 INT
Perkins 12/21 92 yds 3 INT

Miami 4/12 on 3rd down and 0/2 on 4th

… but, yeah “Tito lost the game.” SMH at stupid fans …

Aye dumbass get this, No one single player can ever lose a team a game. Only fools are making it seem like we are literally saying he is the sole reason we lost

He’s Getting knocked for only having that 1 swim move too as is joe Jackson with his bullrush. While our dline play has been great in recent years we still hear all of these comments from draft guys about how raw our guys are, lack of pass rush moves or doesn’t use their hands. Hope we see less of that in the future

Most DLmen only have 2-3 go to moves, so Nesta only needs 1 or 2 more and He's good.
[/QUOTE]
Our best joe Jackson and Willis have only had 1 move and dominated. Him adding another move or 2 will help him even more imo

Advertisement
Back