N’Kosi Perry will miss LSU game

You think falling asleep in class and being late is a big deal? Were you ever a freshman in college with a full time job? I was and that was a very common occurrence with not only me but ALOT of kids.

I think you're missing the point. My fault for tagging your post, my intent wasn't to discredit Jarren or your belief in him, just to highlight a worrisome trend.

Yeah I was, saved up enough money while in school to put a down payment on my first house. I realize him falling asleep in class and being late isn't AS serious. But its a small issue thats such a common occurrence, someone within the program thought it was serious enough to be leaked to the media. That doesn't come out for no reason.

Combine that with the NKosi and Cade issues and eventually, some of the blame has to fall at the feet of the guy in charge of all three.

Advertisement
I understand the wanting to have structure and setting guidelines and all that but you’re a year removed from not even having a serviceable backup QB and now you suspend your backup QB in a huge season opener. It just doesn’t make sense. Was it so bad that this punishment couldn’t wait until next week against Savannah State? This hurts the team more than the individual. God forbid anything happens to Malik.
It’s about setting a standard that, contrary to your post, no one player comes before team, and no one player is above the rules set by that standard. If you break those rules, you put yourself ahead of the team. Being a championship caliber team requires everyone buying into the standard. Especially quarterbacks.

Advertisement
I understand the wanting to have structure and setting guidelines and all that but you’re a year removed from not even having a serviceable backup QB and now you suspend your backup QB in a huge season opener. It just doesn’t make sense. Was it so bad that this punishment couldn’t wait until next week against Savannah State? This hurts the team more than the individual. God forbid anything happens to Malik.
Suspension for Savannah State?
Would be a reward..

It’s about setting a standard that, contrary to your post, no one player comes before team, and no one player is above the rules set by that standard. If you break those rules, you put yourself ahead of the team. Being a championship caliber team requires everyone buying into the standard. Especially quarterbacks.

I agree and I still think we’re fine but depending on what the rule is that’s broken sometimes u can’t afford to be trying to set examples. For example if Bama playing Auburn and Jalen Hurts is out due to injury and Tua fell asleep in class once that week. U think Tua sits out the Iron Bowl? **** no..

Advertisement
You think falling asleep in class and being late is a big deal? Were you ever a freshman in college with a full time job? I was and that was a very common occurrence with not only me but ALOT of kids.

They used to set up a cot for me in the back 10 minutes after class started.

I agree and I still think we’re fine but depending on what the rule is that’s broken sometimes u can’t afford to be trying to set examples. For example if Bama playing Auburn and Jalen Hurts is out due to injury and Tua fell asleep in class once that week. U think Tua sits out the Iron Bowl? **** no..
It’s not about setting examples. It’s about Richt setting a standard the moment he got here and requiring every member of the team to live up to that standard in order to show that you deserve a place on this roster. Richt is doing it the right way. Fvck what Bama does.

1.) you guys are assuming rosier would get benched 2.) jarren is our qb of the future.

Advertisement
Another reason why this kid will never be a Miami qualityQB. Talented below the neck, questionable above the neck. Richt’s better step it up in QB recruiting next year. It’s a disgrace to have the skill players we have and nothing but question marks at QB.

Advertisement
Another reason why this kid will never be a Miami qualityQB. Talented below the neck, questionable above the neck. Richt’s better step it up in QB recruiting next year. It’s a disgrace to have the skill players we have and nothing but question marks at QB.
Keep blaming the coaches. Perry was the highest rated QB in Florida

True. But the main knock on Perry is that he’d be the #2 or even #1 right now if he had his head screwed on tight.

#2 sure but not #1.. Malik has out-performed Perry in every facet of the off-season.

Perry can be great sure but he's not our best QB or even close at the moment. Let's hope he progresses this year and takes the reigns next fall

Proud the Cane coaches are doing it right. Would be very upset if we had an Urban Liar clone coaching the Canes

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back