N’Kosi Perry will miss LSU game

Bad look for Kosi - QBs need to be leaders and have support of their coaches/teammates......not be in the doghouse.

Baker is the exception and not the rule. He always had a chip on his shoulder from being a walk-on, to transferring, etc. But eventhough he did get into trouble, a lot of it revolved around his competitive fire.......his teammates never lost respect for him and Baker never lost focus on the task at hand or winning.

Advertisement
Given Richt’s reputation for game 1 suspensions, I think we should all be very thankful if Perry is our only casualty.

Seems like there were character type questions when this kid committed and this is just those traits rearing their ugly head.

Hopefully the kid learns from this but with JW now here I doubt this kid ever plays a down here.

Advertisement
You think falling asleep in class and being late is a big deal? Were you ever a freshman in college with a full time job? I was and that was a very common occurrence with not only me but ALOT of kids.

I don't think it is a big deal, but I also doubt whatever Kosi did was a big deal either.

What you guys are missing here is that Richt actually suspended him for the LSU game instead of waiting and suspending him for Savannah State like Saban, Meyer, Jumbo, etc. would have done.

Yes we all missed the fact that he did the exact opposite of what an elite coach does.

It’s not about setting examples. It’s about Richt setting a standard the moment he got here and requiring every member of the team to live up to that standard in order to show that you deserve a place on this roster. Richt is doing it the right way. Fvck what Bama does.

I would rather win then try to set an example that we are the goody two shoes of football.

No we don’t. The job is going to Jarren...the writing is on the wall with everybody saying he’s going to be special once he masters everything. We’re fine! He just won’t have game experience.

Jarren and Cade will get game experience this season. Possibly as soon as next week. I think it's pretty clear from the statement put out by UM that this transgression happened over the summer. It also sounded like maybe it was a wake up call based on what has been said over the course of fall camp about N'kosi's work ethic etc. hopefully he will keep himself together going forward.

Advertisement
Yes, like the elite coach at Ohio State* who is currently suspended for 3 games.

Such a terrible punishment. Suspeneded for Oregon St, Rutgers, and TCU. He is able to coach during the practices and will be able to get the team prepared for the games. That is how elite ADs scheme around these bull**** suspensions.

Perry is a fool, just a big fool

So Cade is now number 2 and will not give it up....

plus don't underestimate the Casey Weldon/CMR bond, Cade will get the benefit of the doubt

Advertisement
For those saying its better to suspend him for the Savannah State game, I completely disagree. Perry is way more likely to get quality reps in the Savannah State game than he is in the LSU game.

This move by CMR serves two purposes: (1). The message is sent to Perry by not letting him travel to a big game that will have a ton of media exposure. (2). Still allows him to get his reps in against the bottom feeder team (Savannah State) on the schedule.

Advertisement
Perry is a fool, just a big fool

So Cade is now number 2 and will not give it up....

plus don't underestimate the Casey Weldon/CMR bond, Cade will get the benefit of the doubt

They say being the backup quarterback is more about mental preparation than it is physical. Perhaps Cade Weldon is the better option to be the #2 guy this year.

Are you a moron or just trying to troll? They are suspended for games that they will win by blowouts regardless of Urban being there or not. Urban has 3 national titles. He is elite.

Urban Liar has national titles and Richt doesn't. I get it. I still don't want Mark Richt to be Urban Liar.

Urban Liar has national titles and Richt doesn't. I get it. I still don't want Mark Richt to be Urban Liar.

That is fine. You are entitled to your opinion, but you tried to claim that being a stickler for the rules is what elite coaches do/will help the team win games. That is obviously not the case.

Advertisement
Back