My thoughts

I was actually encouraged by the game. The Oline faced the toughest front 7 we will see until Clemson. Defense was excellent. If we clean up the penalties and improve on the line, we will do well.

We had our chances to win this game. The holding that brought back the 58 gain in the second quarter killed us. The Thomas fumbled punt, and the hold on the fake field goal. We really needed a TD after the fake field goal. We missed the FG but we needed a TD there.

Advertisement
We should have been helping Zion.

Agreed on Martell. Going to lose the receiver room over this.

We thought last years line was bad. Oh my I don’t even know what to say. Grantham didn’t even have to do his blitzing all game. Front four had a party.

Franks is a punk.

Blades...come on man. This isn’t 1980. For gods sake what were you thinking.
I didn't even see what he did for the penalty on the broadcast. What was it?

I think we beat the teams we're supposed to beat with this team. I think we actually go to Doak Campbell and beat the Noles with this team, because the training and playcallling will be much more 2nd Nature to this team by then.

I think we lose to the Usual Suspect, your Pitt, Va Tech, or Virginia. Pick 'em.

We get completely exposed by Clemson if we get that far, only Jarren will put some points on them. A Richt team wouldn't.
Virginia. We ALWAYS lose to Virginia.

Jarren needs to work on going through reads 10x faster than he does now.

The fact that we have two freshmen playing tackle just tells you how sorry Tommy Kennedy is. The two deep didn’t even play and he couldn’t make the rotation 🤦‍♂️

Nesta Silvera is going to be our impact DT

we see the difference between Scott Patchan and Joe Jackson

Too much Martell but should’ve had him throw out of the wildcat

OLine made it impossible for Enos to run any plays.

Coaches need to do a better job of helping the young QB with clock management

In the end Jeff Thomas dropping that punt return was really the deciding play although the offense still had multiple opportunities to win the game.

Mental mistakes got to get coached up

Advertisement
The OL was absolutely atrocious, worst I’ve ever seen here at Miami. But, Williams has to learn to get rid of the ball. He ate a handful of sacks for no reason
Williams has been taken a lot of heat for holding on to the ball too long but no one said that in the first half. Everyone was chirping we found a QB. But that's the cumulative affect of taking sack after sack after sack. Particularly for an inexperienced QB. It eventually effects your sense of timing.

It's similar to taking body shots in boxing. It may not score as many points in the judges scorecards but it eventually takes the legs out from under you in the later rounds. Something's got to be done with the line or these QBs are going to became battered. The same thing happened to Kayaa after he was knocked out by Clemson. He seemed to call the game differently after that.

And I wouldn't give a pass to Scaife or Donaldson who were supposed to be the strength of the line. I noticed a lot of inside pressure. There's nothing the Enos can scheme if the defense can get inside pressure at will. Williams was a sitting duck.

Last edited:
-I was impressed with Jarren when he had time. Played very well. His ability to handle pressure, though, was terrible. The OL was awful but he could have thrown it away a lot more and avoided more sacks.
-Deejay is a stud. Any hole/time and he was playing great.
-Agreed on the Martell complaints. I thought it was a great idea to use him, just not so much as a wr. I think when Tate lined up at qb that one time, they should have actually tried to throw. UF 100% knew he was going to run.
-The OL: I don't even know what to say. The last time I felt this depressed was that FSU game with Kyle Wright when he was sacked 9 times. This may have been worse.

-Osborn and Jordan are excellent. Mallory disappointed. I was surprised Enos didn't get Thomas a few short passes or end arounds. Where was Pope?
-100% agree on Enos poor playcalling. With this Oline you can't have so many long developing pass plays. Run some quick curls. Anything.

-our dline played well against the run and not enough pressure on the pass. Secondary was great minus the long Hammond pass. stupid Blades destroyed our field position.

-We literally lost to the dumbest team I have ever seen. UF is literally retarded. They will lose 4 games this year. Maybe more.

-Enos/Diaz (penalties were a joke) have a lot of work to do: both coaching and getting more Oline talent. This line is still too green, though, so we'll see how they develop.

Still. Should. Have. Won

Championship teams find ways to get past the f**ker factor and win. We're not there yet.

Jimmy's and Butch's Canes always kept their discipline and their focus. Johnson would let a player have unshirted **** for a holding call. At some point, the players disciplined each other. We're not there yet. But we can be. It depends on what kind of ship Manny runs.

Advertisement
Oline was trash.
14 penalties is inexcusable.
Multiple delay of game penalties.
Despite all of that, we still should have won the game.
When your Quarterback is getting ******* killed roll him out.

as the competition gets easier our oline will look better. But they are horrible.

It wont get easier...the opponents will have more film.

It likely gets tougher for Nelson and Campbell.

Those ends at UF are good but at times our guys was barely getting a hand on them....

We play teams in the ACC with some better players on the dline at different spots.

I hated the under center long developing plays. Enos is same as Richt.

That said, the team showed a lot of heart.

• This OL may be the worst we ever had
  • Jarren plays like we have a good OL and we don't
  • We wasted a lot of plays
  • Our defense is going to be fine

I thought our offense was a dud.

Did not stress the defense.

Not impressed so far by Enos.

What is up with all this crap personnel on the field.

We recruited a ton of WRs two years ago why is Martell playing?

Where’s Hightower, Pope & Wiggins?

Why is patchan getting burn over Rousseau?

Advertisement
I could see the improvement from Richt clear as day. Jarren is a much better QB than we’ve had. It’s a tough start for him. He better win out tho.

Well we got absolutely destroyed by LSU last year.

This game went down to the last play and we really should have won the game.

I don't know how 2019 is somehow the same as 2018, but ydy

LSU last season was a much better team but wholeheartedly agree and that’s why I said I liked tonight’s fight. We would have been throttled by UF with the old coaching staff.
Really? After one game. That’s impressive by you. Please let me know your bets going forward!

Read much? I said I saw nothing tonight that gave me hope...

Advertisement
can't start two new kids at OT against a top tier $EC team in game 1. They will get better and by the end of the season we might have a decent OL. But not yet and not tonight.

I thought JW looked very good. Enos can do and has done a lot to instill a lot of good things in him. Just needs to get better. I like who we got.

Despite our OL we still scored 20 and nearly won this.

Disappointed by our DL pass rush.

Proud of how the team kept fighting. I've seen too many of our games recently when we got down on ourselves.

JW will learn to throw the ball away when he has to, instead of taking the sacks. This was baptism by fire. I think we'll see much improvement by UNC

Advertisement
Back