My thoughts

Advertisement
Jarren had his solid moments but even with as bad the oline was he was responsible for a bunch of those sacks. Also everytime he makes a play to avoid a sack it looks like hes running to extend the play without the intention of throwing the ball like he's stuck inbetween. Either needs to commit to running or throw the ball.
Im happy he didn't turn the ball over tho
I think he gets stripped more if he looks to throw. He missed a couple of opportunities to run for a couple of yards and instead took the sack(s).

Last edited:
Not sure what you want Enos to call; our OL wasn't good enough to win.

We can't claim that every coach that comes here sucks, eventually it is on the players.

Did you like anything he called on offensive tonight? Putting aside the poor OL play and the young Williams, what did you like about Enos that looked like it should have worked if those things were average-ish?

Last edited:
Advertisement
Not sure what you want Enos to call; our OL wasn't good enough to win.

We can't claim that every coach that comes here sucks, eventually it is on the players.
Just glaring mistakes, you see ends crashing all game long won't you run towards the edge!!

Look at how far back their DBs played us.. we used the edge a couple of times for big gains

I was looking for adjustments and all I saw was the same BS play call, play action.

The reason Jarren held on to the ball lots of the times was the predictable play calling, things were covered. There were times he held onto it long but overall for a first start did excellent considering the circumstances.

My thoughts ..... :

1. Our offensive tackles are terrible. I think # 74 had 5 penalties. # 50 got beat many times. I don’t even view it as a coaching issue. We could have the best O-Line coach in the world and we’d still have these mishaps. I know they’re young and should get better with more experience. But still .... We need better recruiting at the tackle position.
2. How many delay of game penalties did we have? Seemed like a bunch. Realize it’s our QBs first start and he was under a lot of pressure but definitely one thing he needs to work on is being aware of the clock.
3. Williams holds the ball too long and ends up taking sacks. He could try to throw it away instead. At the end he just needed to just throw it; for better or worse. Give our receivers a chance.
4. What happened to all these motioning and shifts of Enos’ offense? Saw it in the first series and then barely again. Hate to say it but with that run up the middle stuff in the latter part of the game I was getting flashbacks to last year.
5 Herbstreit had a good point. He was asking why Miami didn’t roll out their QB to buy more time. Don’t think I saw one roll out the whole game.
6. Herbstreit had another good point. He asked why Miami didn’t keep another RB in to at least try and chip their edge rushers. I saw it at the very end (and our QB still got sacked) but not before that.
7. Herbstreit also interestingly commented that perhaps Florida’s edge rushers could tell our snap count and cadence. There was one play near the end where Zuniga just blew by Nelson as if he were standing still. Maybe Nelson missed the signal, who knows.
8. Despite all of that we Still could’ve won the game.
9. 😡😡😡
10. Done venting.
11. Go Canes !!

Last edited:
Jarren needs to work on going through reads 10x faster than he does now.

It's a tale of two halves. He went through his reads fine in the first half. In the second, the cumulative affect of the hits impacted his sense of timing.

The fact that we have two freshmen playing tackle just tells you how sorry Tommy Kennedy is. The two deep didn’t even play and he couldn’t make the rotation 🤦‍♂️

Let's not make it personal. He can't help if he's not good. That just the position the previous staff left us in.

Nesta Silvera is going to be our impact DT

We shall see. I thought we would miss Willis more than we'd admit. But I think they didn't play badly. Someone in the game day thread said the DL was doing obvious stunts to prevent UFs inside running game from getting going and running down hill. I think there's some validity in that. For the most part UFs running game was a non-factor. If fact, so was UFs passing game. Except for one long yards after catch because of missed tackle and on where Frierson lost contain at the line of scrimmage, I was unimpressed. UF may bully some of the weak sister of the SEC but they'll get ***** slapped by the big teams.

we see the difference between Scott Patchan and Joe Jackson

No I didn't see the difference. He never lost contain on his side. There weren't any running plays of note. He may not of made any of the splash plays people like to see but he did what the coaches wanted him to do.

Too much Martell but should’ve had him throw out of the wildcat

He only got the ball once. I wouldn't say that was too much. If anything, I question the design of the play. He ran a sweep to the short side of the field with a lot of traffic. I though the idea was to get him the ball in space perhaps from the slot.

OLine made it impossible for Enos to run any plays.

No argument there

Coaches need to do a better job of helping the young QB with clock management

I don't know how much they can do when he's under as much duress as he was. Everyone said they would scheme for it. You can scheme for a non existent OL.

In the end Jeff Thomas dropping that punt return was really the deciding play although the offense still had multiple opportunities to win the game.

As bad as it was, I wouldn't put it on Thomas. We still can back from it. There were so many mistakes that eliminating any one of them could have made a difference. It was a collective brain fart. At some point this season, Thomas is going to win a game for us.

Mental mistakes got to get coached up

We have two weeks. They need a day off to put it behind them. LOL, I need a day off to put it behind me. Of all teams, it had to be the Gators.

Then, it's time to get to work.

We are limited at Qb. William's looked like a freshman and Enos called a freshman game. We did not take one shot down field. I dont get it. This guy is supposed to be so accurate. Why are we always in 3rd and long??? Our punting game sucks. How do we give up 3 4th down firsts? Same stuff as last year.

Advertisement
Honestly, I wish I was wrong and was eating crow tonight. I am more upset than 99% of the board lol.
I know dude you are a true Cane... so if you chose to analyze our chances and be honest here on CIS... you should be still treated with respect.
You know that my jabs with you were tongue in cheek cause I don't play that insult shiit. But regardless you are a good poster (mostly) and you have been vindicated even if ultimately it was painful.
Go Canes!

Hard to imagine that this line would not be better shifting Scaife back to LT. Idk it’s cluster f right now. And I don’t think our DL is as good as advertised. They only had one sack. And if they were as good as Florida line then we would have obliterated the offense in scrimmages.

They didn't have long developing plays that put them in bad situations or behind the chains our defense played lights out besides two big plays smh.. that's why it's even worse that we loss because in many fazes of the game we were better

I know dude you are a true Cane... so if you chose to analyze our chances and be honest here on CIS... you should be still treated with respect.
You know that my jabs with you were tongue in cheek cause I don't play that insult shiit. But regardless you are a good poster (mostly) and you have been vindicated even if ultimately it was painful.
Go Canes!

100% agree brother. I know you where just joking with the jabs. I'm from new york, I love ball breaking! lmao. Appreciate it.

Advertisement
Played Martell way too much over Pope and Hightower. We also barely targeted Harley and he was in the game for 75% of the time. Use him
or rotate him out if he wasn’t getting it done

KJ also needs to run north-south on those end arounds
KJ looked like he was scared of contact

Two dropped TDs where the ball was there.

The one to Thomas was particularly frustrating. Couldn’t really see if Henderson knocked it out of his hands, even with the replay. But with the prior muffed punt catch (and I acknowledge it happens even to really good players) I thought for sure Thomas would pull that in. 😡

• This OL may be the worst we ever had
  • Jarren plays like we have a good OL and we don't
  • We wasted a lot of plays
  • Our defense is going to be fine
The OL will improve. The natural ability is there. The experience isn't.

Advertisement
Mik
  • This OL may be the worst we ever had
  • Jarren plays like we have a good OL and we don't
  • We wasted a lot of plays
  • Our defense is going to be fine

Mike Leach with same offensive personnel and this defense wins this game easily Tell me I'm wrong.

Advertisement
Back