My thoughts

Advertisement
Williams has been taken a lot of heat for holding on to the ball too long but no one said that in the first half. Everyone was chirping we found a QB. But that's the cumulative affect of taking sack after sack after sack. Particularly for an inexperienced QB. It eventually effects your sense of timing.

It's similar to taking body shots in boxing. It may not score as many points in the judges scorecards but it eventually takes the legs out from under you in the later rounds. Something's got to be done with the line or these QBs are going to became battered. The same thing happens to Kayaa after he was knocked out by Clemson. He seemed to call the game differently after that.

And I wouldn't give a pass to Scaife or Donaldson who were supposed to be the strength of the line. I noticed a lot of inside pressure. These nothing the Enos can scheme if the defense can get inside pressure at will. Williams was a sitting duck.

I wasn’t holding a parade for him after the first half. He held onto the ball way too much throughout the entirety of the game. I’m not saying he won’t improve, but his internal clock is waaaay off right now. Doesn’t help that he’s behind the worst OL I’ve ever seen

Even almost all of Jarren's incompletions were on the money and just mot caught by our guys. He is really accurate.

yep. Brevin dropped one easy one, one contested pass. Jeff Thomas dropped one. Mallory had one in his hands and dropped it.

Advertisement
Oline put us in a horrible spot but special teams lost it. When you have freshmen starting their first game on the line with a freshman qb this is the worst case scenario. Will they get better? They have a chance as much as that they will always be this bad. Make them compete again ans the better players get UNC

Advertisement
Jarren had his solid moments but even with as bad the oline was he was responsible for a bunch of those sacks. Also everytime he makes a play to avoid a sack it looks like hes running to extend the play without the intention of throwing the ball like he's stuck inbetween. Either needs to commit to running or throw the ball.
Im happy he didn't turn the ball over tho

You know I respect you, but I'm not sure what you call when you're basically making a 3 and 4 man rush look like a jailbreak blitz and your run game is getting blown up.

You can call a couple of rollouts and some max protect.

Plus the spread actually helps you OL.

He took too long to go to his 3 & 4 WR sets.

Look how much PI the gators got called for.

We should have challenged them a couple of times earlier.

Advertisement
Agreed. Nelson and Campbell were getting beat all game long. Yet his plan was to go with long developing plays that required Jarren to do 5-7 step drop backs.
No, the early plan was to go with quick throws to avoid pressure. Grantham adjusted after the first drive, and our oline couldn’t handle their pressure.

Enos called a HORRIBLE game....TRASH

Pass plays take too long still. Jarren held the ball, but he was looking at receivers backs too often when we knew they were bringing the house.

People hate the dink and dunk, but you can’t have the screen as your only option of a short passing game with a line like ours. Have to go shorter routes as first and second read.

As much as the oline stunk and playcalling was underwhelming, it was the penalties that killed the offense. This offense was on the verge several times and ****ed it away with drive killing penalties. The sacks piled up as they lost momentum.

Add in special teams blunders, and it was an uphill climb.

Advertisement
Why not let Tate throw instead of run him to the short side of the field.
That’s exactly what I thought. Everyone in the stadium knew he was going to run when they saw him at QB. Should have had him fake the run and step back and throw!

Advertisement
Back