Most loaded miami team in the last decade

There is a good amount of talent on this team no doubt. We also had a ton of talent Duke Johnson’s junior year and we a had an OL with NFLers.

I’d say that team and this current team have the most talent in quite some time. But I don’t see the 2-4 1st rounders in D. I’m assuming you are referring to JJ, JJ4, MJ, and Quarterman?

This team has less dead weigh than that one.

Advertisement
Joe Jackson? His production is up there with any of the top dlineman, and to add to that he has elite size 6’5 260 and is a great athlete. He’s been mocked in plenty of first round mock drafts

The only mock that matters is the mockery you bring to the board. There isn’t a single player on the roster that that has earned a first OR 2nd round grade. Writers of lists aren’t scouts. They have no clue.

The OL scares the **** out of me, a mobile QB could help with that as would quicker reads from the QB position. If we can consistently establish the running game we will be alright but that's a huge if.

The Randy years had a staff that included Jeff Stoutland - National Champion, Super Bowl Champion ... Mike Barrow - Super Bowl Champion ... Tommie Robinson - NFL Position Coach, long track record of development ... Joe Pannunzio - took up refuge at Alabama for the past decade ... Wesley McGriff has been in the NFL and at high level college football since ...

and yet, we still stunk, and those hires were offset by some of the worst - Patrick Nix, Aubrey Hill, Bill Young (not bad, but was on the downside of a career that wasn't at the high end FBS anyway)...

Advertisement
We aren't better than last year's team. We don't have the same DL depth and we have OL issues to go along with no TE to speak of outside of two kids that we are depending on. Oh yeah, and Rosier completes about 50% of his passes and he's going to start. I think we over achieved/got lucky last year and won 2 games (FSU and GT) that we shouldn't have and what should have been an 8 or 9 win team turned into a 10 win team. I also don't think we are going to generate 31 turnovers on defense and we will give up more than last year and score much less. Probably 8 or 9 wins
Reasonable observation but one that unsophisticated posters on this forum not interested in hearing.

The only mock that matters is the mockery you bring to the board. There isn’t a single player on the roster that that has earned a first OR 2nd round grade. Writers of lists aren’t scouts. They have no clue.
And neither do you, you bring absolutely nothing to the board but b*tch about everything. Hop off my d*ck

Advertisement
So, is it normal for a team's secondary to have so many tackles? I think I'd be happier if our leading tackler

And posters of boards are? I'm guessing most writers of lists spend more time watching football than you do.

So, is it normal for a team's secondary to have so many tackles? I think I'd be happier if our leading tackler

And posters of boards are? I'm guessing most writers of lists spend more time watching football than you do.

I commented on the almost religious level of believe Brooke puts into click bait. A writer's repetition or re-tweet of an assertion doesn't make it true. As of right now, there are no players that are shoe-ins for a 1st or 2nd round draft picks. A few may get there by the end of the season, but that depends on whether the players with that level of potential actually take that next step.

When talking DL it's easy to lament who we lost, but it's equally exciting to consider the potential in 2018 with Willis, Jackson, Garvin, Djack, Bethel, Ford leading the way. Two must emerge among Nesta, Rousseau, Patchan, Miller, Martin, Tito.

Not the depth you'd like but it's still a solid unit. All of them must be ready to play imo.

I commented on the almost religious level of believe Brooke puts into click bait. A writer's repetition or re-tweet of an assertion doesn't make it true. As of right now, there are no players that are shoe-ins for a 1st or 2nd round draft picks. A few may get there by the end of the season, but that depends on whether the players with that level of potential actually take that next step.

Joseph Jackson is a first rounder. I don't care what anyone says. He will destroy people in the NFL and at least one scout will recognize that.

Advertisement
If your draft grade is not sure fit first round... then you should consider coming back to school. I think our best right now are 2nd Rounders

Advertisement
Not loaded where it counts, unfortunetly. Regardless should be fun to watch our skill players this year, regardless of the w-l record. We are an o line away. We don’t need a star qb with a studly o line and these skill players.
This is what matters. Question marks along the OL, only Gauthier is a know commodity in the sense that he's played center a good level and will be there in 2018. St. Louis moving to LT is an uncertainty, Donaldson to RT (maybe) is another uncertainty. Jahir Jones has warmed the bench since he's been on campus and the other guard position is either going to a transfer or freshman (Scaife/Reed).

DT other than Willis is a question mark. Ford was a freshman so he didn't show much. He'll need to make a huge jump. Behind those two Bethel is servicable, but hasn't showed much and then we'll need Nesta , a true freshman, to give us quality snaps. Don't talk to me about Illinois transfer. If he can give us a handful of snaps without getting embarrassed I'll be happy.

Overall, this is the best the roster has looked in a long time but we have some holes at DT and OL that scare me. Now if the DTs hold up and a tackle emerges, then we could have an 11 win season, but if those two things don’t happen, it could be a long season.

Overall, this is the best the roster has looked in a long time but we have some holes at DT and OL that scare me. Now if the DTs hold up and a tackle emerges, then we could have an 11 win season, but if those two things don’t happen, it could be a long season.
I wouldnt Even say holes just lack of the experience you want at dt(bethel and ford have played some but you would want more). Talent however is there.

On oline, we have some talent but it still needs to gel, another year of working together should do wonders for their development

I wouldnt Even say holes just lack of the experience you want at dt(bethel and ford have played some but you would want more). Talent however is there.

On oline, we have some talent but it still needs to gel, another year of working together should do wonders for their development
Is it there though? What has Ford shown to say he has the talent? Bethel has shown flashes but what tells you he has the talent? Nesta is the one who most likely has the most talent and he is a true Frosh. On the T side of things, at this point, if someone that wasn’t a true frosh really had the talent, they would have emerged.

Now Ford could emerge as a beast, Bethel could take the next step but there isn’t much there to confirm that outside of wishful thinking. Willis is mega talented, I forgot about him, but can he put it together. But yes he does fall under talented.

Advertisement
Back