Most loaded miami team in the last decade

brock

All-American
Excited for the season man...
Potentially looking at 2-4 1st rounders on defense, 1 on offense in richards and then all the guys after that who will get drafted but probably not in the first 2 rounds. Loaded freshman class with talented upperclassmen and underclassmen. Man it feels good

Im 24 and I can Say I haven’t seen Miami be in this good of shape as a program since 03-04 season.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
That's really not saying much, sadly. If we continue to get erratic play from the QB position, and the O-line struggles, we could see a step back in wins.

We certainly have talent at some positions like we haven't seen in years, and I am thankful for it.

How good is the o-line? That's the biggest factor in my opinion.

Can they establish a power run game?

That alone would have a cascading effect on the whole team. First and foremost it would substantially improve our 3rd down and red zone conversion percentage.

That likely leads to improved time of possession, more consistency for the offense, more points, maybe even an easiser time for Mr. Rosier (or whomever), more rest for the defense, and hopefully a lead for our defense to play behind.

And if they could provide a consistent pocket for our quarterbacks, then just imagine.

There is a good amount of talent on this team no doubt. We also had a ton of talent Duke Johnson’s junior year and we a had an OL with NFLers.

I’d say that team and this current team have the most talent in quite some time. But I don’t see the 2-4 1st rounders in D. I’m assuming you are referring to JJ, JJ4, MJ, and Quarterman?

Think people are overblowing the issues on the offensive line based on the last two games of last season.

Clemson may have had a half a dozen first rounders in their defensive line rotation in the ACCCG and Wisconsin had a talented and maybe the most experienced front seven we saw all year.

Those two defenses ended last season #2 and #4 in the country overall.

It won't be great by any means, but imo it won't be as horrible as some on here make it seem. if Malik can make some accurate throws to playmakers that wil absolutely, positively open in space it may sputter at times, but the offense should score enough for us to win every game.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I suspect that names will bubble up to be first or high round draft choices, the best thing about the program is we finally have a great leader and buy in from the administration to give our south florida athletes the tools to succeed.

We aren't better than last year's team. We don't have the same DL depth and we have OL issues to go along with no TE to speak of outside of two kids that we are depending on. Oh yeah, and Rosier completes about 50% of his passes and he's going to start. I think we over achieved/got lucky last year and won 2 games (FSU and GT) that we shouldn't have and what should have been an 8 or 9 win team turned into a 10 win team. I also don't think we are going to generate 31 turnovers on defense and we will give up more than last year and score much less. Probably 8 or 9 wins

Excited for the season man...
Potentially looking at 2-4 1st rounders on defense, 1 on offense in richards and then all the guys after that who will get drafted but probably not in the first 2 rounds. Loaded freshman class with talented upperclassmen and underclassmen. Man it feels good

Im 24 and I can Say I haven’t seen Miami be in this good of shape as a program since 03-04 season.
I want to agree.... I'm not there yet. I want to see how the offensive line and if Rosier improved..... If so then watch out

Advertisement
The overall roster talent is better than it's been in a while. There are some holes here and there and a lot of the most talented guys on the team are still young but it's finally starting to look like a Miami team should look. We've always had talented individual players here, even during the leanest Golden/Shannon seasons but there was often a huge gap between the the team's top players and the rest of the roster. Now, there's not nearly as much of a drop-off in talent from top to bottom. There's only a handful of guys still on the roster that I'm pretty sure aren't Miami caliber athletes. For a while the roster was loaded with project players and low-rated recruits who only had offers from G5 schools.

They're not quite elite yet but they're making good progress. Gotta keep pulling in top 10 recruiting classes and they'll be there.

Also, I think some of you guys are confusing roster talent level with expected win totals. Yes, a more talented team will usually win more but if your talented team has holes at important positions (QB, OT) It might not translate to results on the field yet. I believe OP was referring to overall, top-to-bottom talent on the current roster in his post.

There is a good amount of talent on this team no doubt. We also had a ton of talent Duke Johnson’s junior year and we a had an OL with NFLers.

I’d say that team and this current team have the most talent in quite some time. But I don’t see the 2-4 1st rounders in D. I’m assuming you are referring to JJ, JJ4, MJ, and Quarterman?
Joe Jackson and MJ are my 2, I’ve seen jj4 and quarterman receive plenty of praise and should go within the top 2 rounds. Both have been mocked as first rounders in a few mocks lately, we will see

Joe Jackson and MJ are my 2, I’ve seen jj4 and quarterman receive plenty of praise and should go within the top 2 rounds. Both have been mocked as first rounders in a few mocks lately, we will see

With another solid year from MJ I can see it.

Joe Jackson on the other hand I can’t see it unless he’s has 12+ Sacks and dominates against the run.

Advertisement
I don’t think this o-line is nearly as bad as people think. It’s not great it’s not pathetic like people make it seem.

The sum of the parts in 2018 is better than 2017 imo.

Experience at QB, bonafide studs at the skill positions, 3 returning OL starters, 7 returning starters on defense with Willis back in the mix,

With another solid year from MJ I can see it.

Joe Jackson on the other hand I can’t see it unless he’s has 12+ Sacks and dominates against the run.
I think he can, very productive and has elite size as an edge player and he’s an athlete playing de who will run very well

The sum of the parts in 2018 is better than 2017 imo.

Experience at QB, bonafide studs at the skill positions, 3 returning OL starters, 7 returning starters on defense with Willis back in the mix,
Nfl talent in the secondary too, one of the sports publications rated Miami’s secondary as top 3 in the country recently

Advertisement
Back