Most loaded miami team in the last decade

Not loaded where it counts, unfortunetly. Regardless should be fun to watch our skill players this year, regardless of the w-l record. We are an o line away. We don’t need a star qb with a studly o line and these skill players.

Advertisement
I've tried to put a memory block in my brain just before that frigging flag in the oscheater game so I am going to wait until end of season to decide.

We aren't better than last year's team. We don't have the same DL depth and we have OL issues to go along with no TE to speak of outside of two kids that we are depending on. Oh yeah, and Rosier completes about 50% of his passes and he's going to start. I think we over achieved/got lucky last year and won 2 games (FSU and GT) that we shouldn't have and what should have been an 8 or 9 win team turned into a 10 win team. I also don't think we are going to generate 31 turnovers on defense and we will give up more than last year and score much less. Probably 8 or 9 wins

It's funny how people say things like this. However, I don't hear crap like that about the year before when we missed an extra point to give FSU the win. It's also stupid because even without the touchdown we were in field goal range so it would have been OT at worst. I won't even get into the whining in the rest of the post.

Excited for the season man...
Potentially looking at 2-4 1st rounders on defense, 1 on offense in richards and then all the guys after that who will get drafted but probably not in the first 2 rounds. Loaded freshman class with talented upperclassmen and underclassmen. Man it feels good

Im 24 and I can Say I haven’t seen Miami be in this good of shape as a program since 03-04 season.
24? **** I understand you better now Brock. No disrespect intended I know how sensitive you young bucks get.

Advertisement
Potentially looking at 2-4 1st rounders on defense, 1 on offense in richards and then all the guys after that who will get drafted but probably not in the first 2 rounds. Loaded freshman class with talented upperclassmen and underclassmen. Man it feels good

Im 24 and I can Say I haven’t seen Miami be in this good of shape as a program since 03-04 season.

12-0

Quit looking to objective all the **** time. I said I can See 2 for sure in joe jack and mike jack and depending what they do it could be up to 4 if they have great seasons in quarterman and Jaquan Johnson who I have seen mocked in the first round

I can't see Jaquan going in the first round at all, although he's a **** of a player. Garvin, Joe & Mike Jack all have great shots at being 1st rounders.

This team is loaded from top to bottom... all we need is a little bit more production from the oline and it's a wrap.

So much elite talent returning.... and the Dline is upgraded bc we didnt have Gerald Willis, Nesta Silvera, and Rousseau last year.

Every position is going to be better by a mile from the year before.

And our sceheduke is favorable once again.

Advertisement
We aren't better than last year's team. We don't have the same DL depth and we have OL issues to go along with no TE to speak of outside of two kids that we are depending on. Oh yeah, and Rosier completes about 50% of his passes and he's going to start. I think we over achieved/got lucky last year and won 2 games (FSU and GT) that we shouldn't have and what should have been an 8 or 9 win team turned into a 10 win team. I also don't think we are going to generate 31 turnovers on defense and we will give up more than last year and score much less. Probably 8 or 9 wins

I disagree. We have the same exact team, with a healthy Richards. All our stars are a year older. We are going to definitely be better. Look where RJ and Norton got drafted. They underachieved at the end of the season. Willis is an upgrade over those guys, from what I've seen. Nesta is a stud. DL is only a a question mark because of a perceived depth problem. We shall see if that is actually a problem.

Fear always seems rational, but is not as your emotions would leave you to believe. We have become soft shouldered from years of disappointment. Man up and grow a pair.

But under our last coaching no matter how you cut it, we lose those 2 games, we have better coaching and won those games. A w is w no matter what.

I believe we have the most talent top to bottom of any of our teams from the last decade. Losing Berrios and Walton would normally be huge losses, but we are simply stacked at those positions. Norton and McIntosh leaving are probably the losses that will impact us the most. Yes, we took on a transfer from Illinois, brought in a stud recruit in Nesta, and hear Willis is about to break out, but we're talking about replacing two NFL draft picks. The OLine should be better with more experience.

When punting and kicking are near the top of our concerns it's a sign things are trending up. It's fair to say our special teams is not the best of any Canes team of the last decade, but overall we are clearly trending in the right direction.

Not a lot of holes on defense. Our back seven are experienced and athletic. Our two-deep at defensive end rivals any Top 10 program. By all accounts, Willis is ready to go his money year. Kid coming in from Illinois I think gives us good snaps. Silvera is the best true freshman tackle since Big Vince.

The kid coming in from Tennessee gives us more options on the interior. Biggest question mark is tackle and specifically right tackle. We are deeper at running back and wide receiver. Need quality reps from Jordan at tight end. We get competent quarterback play we are going to be hard to be beaten based on our schedule.

In my opinion, we must have competent quarterback play and of course stay healthy. The latter is true of any Top 10 program.

Advertisement

i lived through it all with the canes and I agree as far as talent. For example, to have two ends the caliber of Garvin and JJ on the same
team is something we have not had for years. or an AR and JR on the field together. I also think with Richt's history with QB's, Jarren could potentially be a high round pick. Aside from lack of depth at DE (2019 so than this year), our problem is not talent, its experience. I think we have alot of young talent at DB and OL, we just have to develop it but overall you are correct, we are going back to having big time playmakers.

The big question is if our defense is so good do they make the OL look bad or is it just bad? Mike Sullivan was a great guard for us and wanted to quit after practices as he felt he was hurting the team, JJ told him you will never face a defense in a game as strong as it is in practice...The first game with LSU should tell. Not thrilled about our starting QB...but yes, we are loaded but are we balanced and can we survive injuries ala last year??

Advertisement
If the online improves like it did from 16' to 17' we will be good enough to get the job done. The oline is the biggest piece of the puzzle to return to where we all wanna be. Those early 2000's teams had great oline play that really helped let the playmakers get going on the outside
This. 100%

Joe Jackson and MJ are my 2, I’ve seen jj4 and quarterman receive plenty of praise and should go within the top 2 rounds. Both have been mocked as first rounders in a few mocks lately, we will see
Nothing personal Brock, but if you think Jaquan goes in the 1st round, you are delusional. I love Jaquan as much as any Canes fan but his measurables at the combine will guarantee he does not go in the 1st round. I'm guessing Jaquan goes in the 3rd round and has a very long and productive NFL career.

Joe Jackson most definitely has 1st round talent but he needs to be dominant this year and as mentioned, improve against the run. Everyone expects him to be gone after this year but I think JJ would be a surefire 1st rounder if he stayed for his senior year.

Michael Jackson is very intriguing as an NFL prospect. He came out of nowhere last year but this year everyone knows who he is. The 2018 season will be critical for MJ in terms of framing his status in the draft. If Jackson builds on last year and takes his game to the next level, we could be looking at a 1st round CB.

Shaq Quarterman should have a long and successful NFL career and is the type of player that will continue to improve his game for years after leaving college. Its hard for me to project SQ in the draft mostly because 2018 will tell us much more but even still I don't see Shaq leaving after his junior year. I think he stays for his senior year in 2019.

Just case any one is keeping track we had 2 players on the 18 prospects to be stars in the league on defense in shaq quarterman and Jaquan Johnson. This does not even include mike jack and joe Jackson who imo are the most likely to be first rounders along with ahmmon

And now one on offense as well in Ahmmon Richards

Advertisement
Back