Most loaded miami team in the last decade

This will be a good team but we have been mediocre for the last 10 years, so to say we are the best team in 10 years isn't saying much.

Next year will be a better team and the year after even better. Richt has us headed in the right direction.

My concern for 2019 is we lose a lot on Defense. Johnson, Willis, Redwine, Jackson are gone and Joe Jackson and 2/3 LB’s may be gone too. Is 2019 a rebuilding year for our D? I’m not certain we have the depth to reload.

Advertisement
If Joe Jackson has that season he could be first round.. if AR 82 can stay healthy and have that season he could go first round...if Shaq has that season...he may could sneak in the first...but I feel Shaq will not get a 1st round draft grade and make him reconsider leaving early..

Shaq's strengths will be chalk talk...wonderlic and Character....and the coaches endorsement...When they talk with him they will love him...but all of these don't come until after draft declaration

Shaq's strengths will be chalk talk...wonderlic and Character....and the coaches endorsement...When they talk with him they will love him...but all of these don't come until after draft declaration

Don’t forget game tape!!!

Advertisement
My concern for 2019 is we lose a lot on Defense. Johnson, Willis, Redwine, Jackson are gone and Joe Jackson and 2/3 LB’s may be gone too. Is 2019 a rebuilding year for our D? I’m not certain we have the depth to reload.
On a graph, we are a saw tooth,,yet definitely trending upward..

Jaquan Johnson at #8 overall in the country
Shaq quarterman at #14 overall In the country
Joe Jackson at #67 overall in the country

This Is a list that includes draft eligible and non draft eligible players so that explains some of the omissions on the list on Miami side of things. I think Ahmmon would defintiely be top 50 if healthy and mike jack and homer imo should have been ranked.
Joe jack should have been higher too

Advertisement
What’s crazy is Miami got the
- 2 of the top 2 dbs in the state
- 2 of the top 2 LBs in the state
- The top Dlineman in the state
-one of the best olineman in the state(tyree)
- arguably top running back in the state
- top Receiver in the state
- most talented tight end in the state
- top 3 qb in the state

We have had this much dominance in terms of elite instate talent in a long time

Advertisement

Jaquan Johnson at #8 overall in the country
Shaq quarterman at #14 overall In the country
Joe Jackson at #67 overall in the country

This Is a list that includes draft eligible and non draft eligible players so that explains some of the omissions on the list on Miami side of things. I think Ahmmon would defintiely be top 50 if healthy and mike jack and homer imo should have been ranked.
Joe jack should have been higher too

Joe Jackson gets no respect on these lists. He admittedly had a bit of a down year last year (compared to his freshman year), but you could still see the tools he has. He is a guy that can make a real jump this season.

Love seeing Quan at 8. Can’t wait to watch him play this season.

Joe Jackson gets no respect on these lists. He admittedly had a bit of a down year last year (compared to his freshman year), but you could still see the tools he has. He is a guy that can make a real jump this season.

Love seeing Quan at 8. Can’t wait to watch him play this season.
Did he? He improved as a run defender and was a better overall edge player. The defense just had more players to generate sacks which took away from some of his productivity in that regard even though it was only a slight decline. He did improve in his overall tackle numbers though

Advertisement
Saddest group of glass half-full of diarrhea sad sack losers masquerading as college football fans I’ve ever seen.

Reading this board, you’d think it was a Vandy board. The **** vultures in here sit around waiting for someone to say something positive about the team or program so they can swoop in looking for any fecal remnants to gobble up.

3 canes mocked in the first 25 picks of next year draft on defense alone. Ahmmon Richards if healthy will definitely go first round too.

We are pretty loaded this year

Jaquan Johnson
Michael jackson
Joe Jackson
Ahmmon Richards
All could go in the first round.

Shaq Quarterman 2nd imo just because not many linebackers get picked early in the first.

Last edited:
Definitely in better shape this year going into the season. We are missing some depth on the DL, but I think as long as we stay healthy we will be fine there.

On offense though Rosier has his limitations he’s probably better then he was at this time last year and I think we have improved everywhere around him RB included with the depth we now have. OL is a question mark but I think we will be better then we were last year as well. The St. Louis Donaldson combo at tackle I feel will be better then last year and you would have to think Tyler has gotten better as well. Guards are the unknowns but from all reports they are doing well.

This team is a good quarterback away from being a legit Top 10 team. And one that could probably hang with just about anyone.

That good QB could be Malik Rosier...I'm not saying it's not. I'm just saying whoever is behind center, if that dude is a better than average player, this is a Top 10 football team, possibly a touch higher.

Advertisement
Back