Most loaded miami team in the last decade

This is the most talented Miami team since 2003. That 2004 team was nice too but not this talented across the board.

Advertisement
This team is a good quarterback away from being a legit Top 10 team. And one that could probably hang with just about anyone.

That good QB could be Malik Rosier...I'm not saying it's not. I'm just saying whoever is behind center, if that dude is a better than average player, this is a Top 10 football team, possibly a touch higher.

They already are a “legit top 10 team.”

This team is a good quarterback away from being a legit Top 10 team. And one that could probably hang with just about anyone.

That good QB could be Malik Rosier...I'm not saying it's not. I'm just saying whoever is behind center, if that dude is a better than average player, this is a Top 10 football team, possibly a touch higher.
I mean We were a legit top 10 team last year for majority of the season or at least spent a lot of the season inside the top 10.

Advertisement
I mean We were a legit top 10 team last year for majority of the season or at least spent a lot of the season inside the top 10.

Spending the season inside the top 10 in the rankings and being a top 10 team is totally different.

I'd say Clemson was about the 5th best team last year. Miami lost to them by 100.

In 2013, Miami got up to #7 in the rankings after narrowly escaping Wake Forest. Were they a Top 10 team? Of course not.

Miami was probably around the 15th best team in the country at the end of the year, give or take. This year I think it can be cemented easily inside the Top 10, provided the QB play improves.

Spending the season inside the top 10 in the rankings and being a top 10 team is totally different.

I'd say Clemson was about the 5th best team last year. Miami lost to them by 100.

In 2013, Miami got up to #7 in the rankings after narrowly escaping Wake Forest. Were they a Top 10 team? Of course not.

Miami was probably around the 15th best team in the country at the end of the year, give or take. This year I think it can be cemented easily inside the Top 10, provided the QB play improves.
Depth ran its course in the last 3 games. Regardless we beat a top 5 and top 15 team and was in a close battle with another top 10 team in Wisconsin 27-21 with 10 minutes left in the 4th quarter down top 3 offensive players. I mean You can compare and scrutinize all these other teams too who were in the top 10 or are you just going to do it to Miami? And last year was COMPLETELY a different situation than the 2013 7-0 start.

Last edited:
I thought you were mid 30s living in your parent’s basement. I concur with the rest of the post.
Come on man... There are no basements in S. FL. He is staying in the pool house, has his own entrance, cook top and beer fridge. Totally self sufficient.

Depth ran its course, beat two top 15 teams and was in a close battle with another top 10 team in Wisconsin 27-21 with 10 minutes left in the 4th quarter. I mean You compare and scrutinize all these other teams to who were in the top 10 or are you just going to do it to Miami? And last year was COMPLETELY a different situation than the 2013 7-0 start.

Excellent example. Miami got beat at home by a Wisconsin team that was probably about 10th-ish after jumping out to a big lead. Never led in the 2nd half, never really threatened to win the game in the 2nd half.

Wisconsin lost to an Ohio State team who got absolutely drubbed twice during the year. We're not playing the transitive property game here, but OSU was probably a middle to back end Top 10 team. 6th, 7th, 8th somewhere in there. Not as good as the playoff teams but better than that 3rd tier.

I will say I agree with the depth. Richards, Walton, and Herndon down at the end of the year totally killed the offense. And Rosier may or may not have been hurt too. But those factor into how good your team is. Miami was not a Top 10 team last year. Clemson and the bowl game proved it perfectly. This year they should be, provided Rosier is even just a little better. Miami finished the year I believe ranked 13th. That was probably pretty accurate. Knocking on the door, but not a Top 10 team based off of body of work and how they played through all 14 games.

Advertisement
Jaquan Johnson / Michael Jackson / Ahmmon Richardson / and Joe Jackson are all 1st round talents /

... does that mean they all will be drafted in the 1st round after this year?... NO but they should.

Excited for the season man...
Potentially looking at 2-4 1st rounders on defense, 1 on offense in richards and then all the guys after that who will get drafted but probably not in the first 2 rounds. Loaded freshman class with talented upperclassmen and underclassmen. Man it feels good

Im 24 and I can Say I haven’t seen Miami be in this good of shape as a program since 03-04 season.

You are 24?!? J.F.C. I was watching the Canes win Natties as a kid in the 80s-90s when you weren't even a *** stain on your daddy's britches :) You have barely seen the dominance that is Canes football...sure, you witnessed the 2001 team, but **** youngin, those 80s teams were flat out nasty.

Advertisement

Let me translate: “I have my own definition of top 10 team so I will argue that Miami, which is ranked 8th in the preason polls and spent a large portion of last season ranked in the top 10, isn’t a top 10 team.”

Nfl talent in the secondary too, one of the sports publications rated Miami’s secondary as top 3 in the country recently

We didn't seem like a no fly zone last year. Sure, our guys make great turnovers and were aggressive on defense, but we got torched in the intermediate passing game last season towards the end. I know that has to do just as much with the LBs being in proper coverage than the DBs, but lets pump the brakes on the "No Fly Zone" moniker. I do hope we earn it this season.

We didn't seem like a no fly zone last year. Sure, our guys make great turnovers and were aggressive on defense, but we got torched in the intermediate passing game last season towards the end. I know that has to do just as much with the LBs being in proper coverage than the DBs, but lets pump the brakes on the "No Fly Zone" moniker. I do hope we earn it this season.

@MotoSniper is a certified Objective Poster, guys.

Advertisement

Jaquan Mike Jack and Bandy were lights out last year. Dean and Delaney were average to below average and Redwine was up and down. And Robert Knowles...

Jaquan Mike Jack and Bandy were lights out last year. Dean and Delaney were average to below average and Redwine was up and down. And Robert Knowles...

Again, we have great pieces in the secondary that made some phenomenal plays, but the way we got torched by Pitt (Sort of, Frosh QB), Clemson, and Wisconsin was disheartening. We definitely have the back end talent to be elite this season. LBs need to take a huge step forward in pass coverage though

* I hope Knowles proves us completely wrong this season. Kid has tools and physical strength, but it was clear kid had no idea about scheme and reading the coverage...a la FSU game

Advertisement
Back