More players raving about Perry

Advertisement
I know it's just the summer and its hard to get a true idea of how good he will be based on "player ran" 7on7's. However, it's something to be said when his peers seem to be completely already bought in, giving the fact that he hasn't even been on campus for 2 months yet. Several players have now referenced how Perry is making db's and lb's look flat out silly at times.

Writing is on the wall... Perry has that IT factor we havent had at the qb position since Dorsey and the team is already galvanizing around him bc of it.

You're right. There wasn't one teammate praising Brad Kaaya the summer before his freshman season. Denzel Perryman never said he was impressed because he hadn't been able to rattle him.

Oh look there is a whole article about it after he was named the starter.

Absolutely glowing reviews:

Cornerback Tracy Howard said he thought Kaaya’s pocket presence helped win him the job over senior transfer Jake Heaps. Earlier in camp, linebacker Denzel Perryman said there was nothing he or his teammates could do in practice to rattle Kaaya.

“He has great footwork in the pocket,” Howard said. “He has a natural feel, does a great job stepping up and avoiding defenders in the pocket. He makes great decisions. You can’t beat a guy who makes great decisions. Instead of forcing it and throwing an interception, he’ll throw it away. And he moves the sticks.

We all know Brad had little to no feel under actual pressure.

Running back Duke Johnson said Kaaya has done a good job taking command of the huddle. “If you didn’t know Brad, you wouldn’t know that he’s a freshman,” Johnson said. “He comes in, he demands … he lets everybody know what’s the play, what he needs done.”

Miami Hurricanes defensive players praise new starting QB Brad Kaaya | Miami Herald

Considering what you think of Kaaya, maybe teammates praising a QB doesn't mean all that much. Or are those guys really off after fall camp and the 2017 guys are dead on before camp even starts?

Considering kaay had one of the best true freshman season at qb in years where did they tell a lie? I saw a true freshman qb go to Blacksburg one of the hardest places to play and get a victory. Kaaya played with loads of confidence vs fsu that year too
It's physically impossible for a QB to have an above-average season and the team to only win 6 games at UM.

Kaaya was OK. He was good for a freshmans. But that standard is so low for freshmans QBs that you guys are praising him as having a top flight season, yet we only won 6 games. That's IMPOSSIBLE no matter what the defense does at UM, especially with the talent we had on that club.

Don't care who starts. I don't care if big Vaughn takes snaps. Just hand it Walton and get the ball to Richards, Herndon, and Jeff Thomas

A win is a win regardless the stats.[/QUOTE]

So is a loss. So why are we bragging about his QB rating when we were a 6 win team?

Instead of piece meaning an article together as if it's your inside information, you can save a lot of time and post the link to the article.

I know it's just the summer and its hard to get a true idea of how good he will be based on "player ran" 7on7's. However, it's something to be said when his peers seem to be completely already bought in, giving the fact that he hasn't even been on campus for 2 months yet. Several players have now referenced how Perry is making db's and lb's look flat out silly at times.

Writing is on the wall... Perry has that IT factor we havent had at the qb position since Dorsey and the team is already galvanizing around him bc of it.

You're right. There wasn't one teammate praising Brad Kaaya the summer before his freshman season. Denzel Perryman never said he was impressed because he hadn't been able to rattle him.

Cornerback Tracy Howard said he thought Kaaya’s pocket presence helped win him the job over senior transfer Jake Heaps. Earlier in camp, linebacker Denzel Perryman said there was nothing he or his teammates could do in practice to rattle Kaaya.

“He has great footwork in the pocket,” Howard said. “He has a natural feel, does a great job stepping up and avoiding defenders in the pocket. He makes great decisions. You can’t beat a guy who makes great decisions. Instead of forcing it and throwing an interception, he’ll throw it away. And he moves the sticks.

Running back Duke Johnson said Kaaya has done a good job taking command of the huddle. “If you didn’t know Brad, you wouldn’t know that he’s a freshman,” Johnson said. “He comes in, he demands … he lets everybody know what’s the play, what he needs done.”

Miami Hurricanes defensive players praise new starting QB Brad Kaaya | Miami Herald

Considering what you think of Kaaya, maybe teammates praising a QB doesn't mean all that much. Or are those guys really off after fall camp and the 2017 guys are dead on before camp even starts?

Considering kaay had one of the best true freshman season at qb in years where did they tell a lie? I saw a true freshman qb go to Blacksburg one of the hardest places to play and get a victory. Kaaya played with loads of confidence vs fsu that year too

He was 7-16 for 92 yards with one TD. Duke Johnson ran for 249. Who do you think deserves the credit for that one?
A win is a win regardless the stats.

But you were just talking about stats to prove a point and now they don't matter? How much do 6 wins means as far as his freshman season is concerned?

If wins are all that matters, then Broke just crushed his own argument about Kaaya having an excellent freshmans year because we only won 6.

Advertisement
Instead of piece meaning an article together as if it's your inside information, you can save a lot of time and post the link to the article.

He was 7-16 for 92 yards with one TD. Duke Johnson ran for 249. Who do you think deserves the credit for that one?
A win is a win regardless the stats.

You're an idiot.

It's physically impossible for a QB to have an above-average season and the team to only win 6 games at UM.

Kaaya was OK. He was good for a freshmans. But that standard is so low for freshmans QBs that you guys are praising him as having a top flight season, yet we only won 6 games. That's IMPOSSIBLE no matter what the defense does at UM, especially with the talent we had on that club.

That defense was horrible too

Advertisement
There's no doubting Perry's skills. It's all going to come down to his ability to know where everyone is supposed to be on every play, his ability to process information quickly under pressure with bullets screaming by, and his ability to lead and inspire mostly guys more senior than him.

The physical skills are obviously there. There's so much more than the job than that though.

I agree 100% with this post. Considering that he's had the playbook for months now, and he is there for the summer installs, I hope he is retaining the information. As for his leadership abilities, he has been a starting QB since the halfway point of his sophomore season. I know high school is not college, but his high school coach said that Perry's leadership skills are more impressive than his arm and his elusiveness.

Facing our front seven every day is going to prepare him for any and all bullets that he will face during the season. Also, with our O-Line facing that same front seven every day, they will be better equipped to protect him from flying bullets as well.

I have no clue if Perry is going to live up to the hype, but I believe that our team is built for Perry to step in this season.

Another mention of how impressed everyone is with his dual threat ability.... but hey according to some on here, he's not a dual threat qb bc he didnt have a lot of yards rushing in high school last season?? lol **** is hilarious

I think what we mean as he chooses to throw like a teddy bridgewater they run when they have to and can run but choose to make a play with there arm like a romo or winston

Advertisement
For Pete and D$: we've all heard the perry comparisons to Watson, Jackson and Ward. To me he seems like Bridgewater. TB had better accuracy but NP looks to have more arm strength. I also think their mobility/running ability are going to be the same. What are your thoughts on those comparisons?

He reminds me of winstons style romo and those guys.....not saying hes those guys but the style he plays is similar. They r a headache to handle....some guys make a choice to run and thats it there off. This guy makes u think hes running but is always willing to let it fly and on top of that his escapability is elite and makes defenses quit when u cant get him down. It feels likenu have him then boom 15 yard rope off of a broken play.....it really damages defenses mentally. Same **** manzel would do to bama

Advertisement

Everybody brings up the talent on that team. That talent quit after FSU. Kaaya still performed after FSU. Pitt comes to mind where he threw 300 yards, two TD, no picks. The rbs and wrs gave up two turnovers and had half the rushing yards that Pitt had. The defense outside of Perryman was atrocious.
That talent quit on us. That was an easy nine win season.

N'Kosi Perry our qb day one the writing is on the wall. Players have been impressed with his arm strength and deep ball accuracy so much its like they havent seen that in a long time... Kaayas deep ball accuracy was terrible so im sure thats why Perrys throwing ability stands out so much already.

Kaaya's deep ball accuracy regressed through his college career. His freshman year he hit Dorsett deep a lot in stride. After that he was either 10 yards long or so short they always became jump balls. Whoever the qb is there will be plenty of deep threats this year.

I'll say it again. If Perry is the starter week 1 we have serious issues. I think N'Kosi will be fine but you can't throw a kid in there to run an offense 6 months removed from HS.

Sure he could be a miracle in the making but I am going by statistics and history. You put a true freshman QB with an average OL at best this is a recipe for a looming disaster.

He could be the best QB on the team right now which again translates into a serious problem.

Advertisement
Back