More players raving about Perry

Truth is somewhere in the middle.
Was kaaya terrible? No
Was kaaya elite? Not really
But he was a pretty good qb. We have seen worse

Now I'm a kaaya fan but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't looking forward to perry taking the helm as the starting qb
[TWEET]882939871333146624[/TWEET]
A mobile qb doesn't solve all of our issues but man....

Why do you think Kaaya left early for the NFL? Do you actually think he'll be starting ahead of Perry after watching that.

They didn't do him any favors playing in a scheme that required a running QB. That said, Perry should fit it much much better.

Advertisement
R
I know it's just the summer and its hard to get a true idea of how good he will be based on "player ran" 7on7's. However, it's something to be said when his peers seem to be completely already bought in, giving the fact that he hasn't even been on campus for 2 months yet. Several players have now referenced how Perry is making db's and lb's look flat out silly at times.

Writing is on the wall... Perry has that IT factor we havent had at the qb position since Dorsey and the team is already galvanizing around him bc of it.

You're right. There wasn't one teammate praising Brad Kaaya the summer before his freshman season. Denzel Perryman never said he was impressed because he hadn't been able to rattle him.

Oh look there is a whole article about it after he was named the starter.

Absolutely glowing reviews:

Cornerback Tracy Howard said he thought Kaaya’s pocket presence helped win him the job over senior transfer Jake Heaps. Earlier in camp, linebacker Denzel Perryman said there was nothing he or his teammates could do in practice to rattle Kaaya.

“He has great footwork in the pocket,” Howard said. “He has a natural feel, does a great job stepping up and avoiding defenders in the pocket. He makes great decisions. You can’t beat a guy who makes great decisions. Instead of forcing it and throwing an interception, he’ll throw it away. And he moves the sticks.

Running back Duke Johnson said Kaaya has done a good job taking command of the huddle. “If you didn’t know Brad, you wouldn’t know that he’s a freshman,” Johnson said. “He comes in, he demands … he lets everybody know what’s the play, what he needs done.”

Miami Hurricanes defensive players praise new starting QB Brad Kaaya | Miami Herald

Considering what you think of Kaaya, maybe teammates praising a QB doesn't mean all that much. Or are those guys really off after fall camp and the 2017 guys are dead on before camp even starts?

You do realize that Kaaya led the ACC in TD passes and had the highest QB rating his freshman year, right? That QB class included a former heisman winner/#1 draft pick. You probably would like to use a different reference. Just saying!!

Nah. Consider who I'm to talking first. Can't stand Kaaya and is running his mouth about offseason quotes as if no QB has ever been praised by his teammates and then went on to be not so good. I imagine if the kids were asked questions about Shirreffs and Rosier as often as they are about Perry they'd be lathering them up too.

As far as Kaaya's number, those were built on crappy teams and first half performances against Power 5 teams. Go look at how many points that 2014 team scored after half and in 4th quarters.

You don't have to imagine, they have been praised as well...just not asked about near as much or in the same context.

UM

People arent actually still discussing who is going to be the starting QB are they? Perry was named the starter the day he signed the LOI.

Truth is somewhere in the middle.
Was kaaya terrible? No
Was kaaya elite? Not really
But he was a pretty good qb. We have seen worse

Now I'm a kaaya fan but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't looking forward to perry taking the helm as the starting qb
[TWEET]882939871333146624[/TWEET]
A mobile qb doesn't solve all of our issues but man....

I just threw up a little bit

I wonder who the CB was that was juked. I remember when Duke did that to one of our LBs and the guy sprained his knee.

Despite the high praise (clearly well-deserved) for his practice performance, we won't truly know what we have in Perry until the pads are on and the red jersey comes off. But I think Richt won't go full contact in practice, which means we won't know for sure with Perry until September. Someone else will start, and Perry will get game reps which will keep going up until he either takes over or shows he's not ready yet.

he juked henley right to the transfer office.

Advertisement
[MENTION=4648]Pete[/MENTION]rariz is the "kid ready"? until you tweet that idk who the qb will be.

I wonder who the CB was that was juked. I remember when Duke did that to one of our LBs and the guy sprained his knee.

Despite the high praise (clearly well-deserved) for his practice performance, we won't truly know what we have in Perry until the pads are on and the red jersey comes off. But I think Richt won't go full contact in practice, which means we won't know for sure with Perry until September. Someone else will start, and Perry will get game reps which will keep going up until he either takes over or shows he's not ready yet.

he juked henley right to the transfer office.

He Juked a DB, really? DT or nah?

I dont think BK was the goat he was decent and the 14 line was better than the line his last few years but wasnt he a true fresh? And that same OL from 14 always got mauled at times especially vs fsu and fsu under jimbo is always my measuring stick. For some weird ***** reason even if BK was so so he did ok vs fsu. I thpught BK would of been a better college player whenwe got him but who was actually a good college player under folden? Maybe duke and Denzel he was god awful.

Also note i love perrys upside but im not going to sit here and think that boy beating a loaded fsu defense im not that crazy and if he so ehow did it he would be legend imo. Going to be a close game

Kaaya doesn't get a pass for being a true freshman for two reasons:

1) This is the University of Miami, and we don't rebuild
2) He never had the type of future success that gives him a pass for a 6 win season as a freshman

If Perry won 6 games this year and then a national title in 2018, then we could give Perry a pass for a poor freshman year.

Yes, Golden didn't put our players in position to be successful, but that's not really the point. We regressed from 2013 (under Morris) to 2014 and the only change was at QB. We shouldn't have regressed, and I don't want to regress this year either even if there is that dangling carrot in 2018. FSU didn't play Jameis as a true freshman, and they won a national title when he was ready to play as a redshirt freshman. But then again, Jalen Hurts had the poise to lead a game winning drive in the title game this year.

I have more faith in Perry being the type of leader the team needs during his freshman year than Kaaya, who wasn't much of a leader at all. But I'd rather have him wait at least a few games. I think Rosier will start the season, and if he doesn't beat FSU then Perry will take over.

Under al the defense was the biggest problem on a team with multiple problems, that's all I'm saying. Defense worse than Kaaya.

As for Perry, it's pretty ridiculous that we're on here arguing about what the kid will do. We weren't able to tell what Kaaya or Jacory would do later in their careers. Both looked poised to have monster junior seasons, and neither delivered. So if we can't tell what a veteran with lots of game film will do, what makes anyone think we can tell what a true freshman will do?

I have no faith in anyone we have at QB at this point, but I agree with you that bringing Perry along slowly is the best course. As soon as the kid shows he's the goods, give him the keys but until then let's move slowly.

Ok, well we can argue over whether diarrhea smells worse than vomit, but I think if we can just agree that conventional statistics don't accurately portray the entire picture then that's a good place to start.

But I agree with everything else. I'd feel more comfortable with Rosier, because we at least know what he does and doesn't bring to the table. We aren't going to have a wide open playbook with anyone at QB this year, so give it to the guy who will turn the ball over less, whoever that may be.

No we can't, diarrhea is much worse.

We havent reloaded since sean taylor and them boys left so if we havent reloaded (since kids went elsewhere) it means what? We rebuilding

Kaaya doesn't get a pass for being a true freshman for two reasons:

1) This is the University of Miami, and we don't rebuild
2) He never had the type of future success that gives him a pass for a 6 win season as a freshman

If Perry won 6 games this year and then a national title in 2018, then we could give Perry a pass for a poor freshman year.

Yes, Golden didn't put our players in position to be successful, but that's not really the point. We regressed from 2013 (under Morris) to 2014 and the only change was at QB. We shouldn't have regressed, and I don't want to regress this year either even if there is that dangling carrot in 2018. FSU didn't play Jameis as a true freshman, and they won a national title when he was ready to play as a redshirt freshman. But then again, Jalen Hurts had the poise to lead a game winning drive in the title game this year.

I have more faith in Perry being the type of leader the team needs during his freshman year than Kaaya, who wasn't much of a leader at all. But I'd rather have him wait at least a few games. I think Rosier will start the season, and if he doesn't beat FSU then Perry will take over.

Under al the defense was the biggest problem on a team with multiple problems, that's all I'm saying. Defense worse than Kaaya.

As for Perry, it's pretty ridiculous that we're on here arguing about what the kid will do. We weren't able to tell what Kaaya or Jacory would do later in their careers. Both looked poised to have monster junior seasons, and neither delivered. So if we can't tell what a veteran with lots of game film will do, what makes anyone think we can tell what a true freshman will do?

I have no faith in anyone we have at QB at this point, but I agree with you that bringing Perry along slowly is the best course. As soon as the kid shows he's the goods, give him the keys but until then let's move slowly.

Ok, well we can argue over whether diarrhea smells worse than vomit, but I think if we can just agree that conventional statistics don't accurately portray the entire picture then that's a good place to start.

But I agree with everything else. I'd feel more comfortable with Rosier, because we at least know what he does and doesn't bring to the table. We aren't going to have a wide open playbook with anyone at QB this year, so give it to the guy who will turn the ball over less, whoever that may be.

No we can't, diarrhea is much worse.

We havent reloaded since sean taylor and them boys left so if we havent reloaded (since kids went elsewhere) it means what? We rebuilding

We had to rebuild in the late 90s and we sure as sht need a rebuild now.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back