More players raving about Perry

Kaaya was terrible. QB play will be better this year just as a result of him leaving.

This is the same board where 90% of the posters bashed the Diaz hire and said that was a huge mistake. Now the exact same posters are apologizing for Kaaya. Of course once the season gets here and either Rosier or Perry prove to be better, none of them will ever admit they were wrong

Rosier is gonna be better? That's why two coaching staffs had him on the bench.

Exactly.

Kaaya got drafted, which is something no UM quarterback can say since Ken Dorsey. We're going to miss him this year. If Rosier or Sherieffs was better, they would have played last year lol.

I don't doubt that was a pity draft by the Lions with Golden vouching for Kaaya with a throwaway pick.

Advertisement
I'm not the biggest Kaaya fan in the world but I hate how our fans dog on him even when they understand our defense was pushing 90th ranked defense 2/3 first years hes been here and our O-line been very shaky the last 2 years he been here.

Our defense ranked 14th in total defense in 2014. Our offense ranked 47th and our passing offense 48th.

Our d was *** regardless of that rank.....dont look at the numbers

That defense sucked balls and it was obvious to anybody who watched the games. Anyone who quotes those stats should be forced to watch every defensive series from that season in one sitting. I guarantee their eyes will bleed and they'll beg for death.

How were they ranked 14th yet responsible for every loss? That defense (again, not Miami caliber) had several players that were drafted or continue to play in the NFL -- Perryman, Bush, Burns, Howard, Pierre, AQM, Grace, Chickillo, Heurtelou. You guys have me on here defending this now, when all I was doing was correcting some fabrication.

How about everyone that defends Kaaya be forced to watch every 4th quarter that he was involved in.

I'm not the biggest Kaaya fan in the world but I hate how our fans dog on him even when they understand our defense was pushing 90th ranked defense 2/3 first years hes been here and our O-line been very shaky the last 2 years he been here.

Our defense ranked 14th in total defense in 2014. Our offense ranked 47th and our passing offense 48th.

That defense sucked balls and it was obvious to anybody who watched the games. Anyone who quotes those stats should be forced to watch every defensive series from that season in one sitting. I guarantee their eyes will bleed and they'll beg for death.

How were they ranked 14th yet responsible for every loss? That defense (again, not Miami caliber) had several players that were drafted or continue to play in the NFL -- Perryman, Bush, Burns, Howard, Pierre, AQM, Grace, Chickillo, Heurtelou. You guys have me on here defending this now, when all I was doing was correcting some fabrication.

How about everyone that defends Kaaya be forced to watch every 4th quarter that he was involved in.
Did you watch how those teams I named in the post yesterday ran down our throats and we couldn't get off the field on 3rd down. The sh*t was a facade and nothing more

Kaaya was terrible. QB play will be better this year just as a result of him leaving.

This is the same board where 90% of the posters bashed the Diaz hire and said that was a huge mistake. Now the exact same posters are apologizing for Kaaya. Of course once the season gets here and either Rosier or Perry prove to be better, none of them will ever admit they were wrong

Exactly.

Kaaya got drafted, which is something no UM quarterback can say since Ken Dorsey. We're going to miss him this year. If Rosier or Sherieffs was better, they would have played last year lol.

I don't doubt that was a pity draft by the Lions with Golden vouching for Kaaya with a throwaway pick.

Yeah, teams with billions of dollars on the line usually use their draft picks for "pity"

Did you watch how those teams I named in the post yesterday ran down our throats and we couldn't get off the field on 3rd down. The sh*t was a facade and nothing more

Yes I did. And did you see how Kaaya couldn't convert 3rd downs and failed miserably every 4th quarter chance he had to win games? That's why his numbers were a facade and nothing more.

Advertisement

Exactly.

Brad is a good/great QB but we won't miss him because we weren't trying to build the team around his type of talent

I agree with your assessment of Richt wanting to build a team around a different type of QB, but I still believe we will miss Kaaya this year.

Now, if Perry comes in and wins the job and this year is a learning curve for a hopefully championship year in 2018, then it will have been a positive step.

Exactly.

A throwaway pick? Lol you know how NFL teams win Super Bowls? By finding gems in the later rounds that provide immense value for cheap contracts.

Not saying Kaaya is that gem, but no way in **** did the Lions just throw away a pick.

Yes I did. And did you see how Kaaya couldn't convert 3rd downs and failed miserably every 4th quarter chance he had to win games? That's why his numbers were a facade and nothing more.

Yes BK wasnt great throwing off his back foot behind that terrible OL but that 14th ranked D was trash and everyone knows it.

Yes BK wasnt great throwing off his back foot behind that terrible OL but that 14th ranked D was trash and everyone knows it.

lol 14th ranked defense. Sure. 6 teams scored more than 30 points and several ran for 300+ but yeah they were great because they shut down terrible offenses and had a bunch of future NFL guys who quit after FSU

Advertisement

Exactly.

Brad is a good/great QB but we won't miss him because we weren't trying to build the team around his type of talent

I agree with your assessment of Richt wanting to build a team around a different type of QB, but I still believe we will miss Kaaya this year.

Now, if Perry comes in and wins the job and this year is a learning curve for a hopefully championship year in 2018, then it will have been a positive step.

The only way we miss him is if the line is markedly better than they were a year ago, no one on the roster is as talented as Kaaya in a clean pocket or reading defenses pre-snap.. With that said I think the line will improve but not that much that Kayaa would have been able to reach his full playing potential the QB will still have to be able to buy time and extend plays with his athleticism when we play FSU, VA tech, and the ACCCG. That's the trade-off we will get for a new QB hopefully this approach gets us better results.

What? Now the 2014 OL was bad? LOL, that was an experienced OL with Flowers, Feliciano, S McDermott, Isidora and Gadbois. Not the best OL in Miami history, but certainly a capable one, and one of the better ones we've had this decade. Duke had no problem having a historic season behind that line.

You guys are doing everything accept addressing Kaaya's deficiencies. "The defense couldn't stop them on 3rd down", but I'll completely ignore that Kaaya couldn't convert 3rd downs.

This thread is derailed because we are trying to address how a freshman QB just might not be ready. Kaaya wasn't ready, no matter how bad we want to say everyone else was despite tons of evidence to the contrary. Hopefully Perry is ready, because we need someone capable back there.

What? Now the 2014 OL was bad? LOL, that was an experienced OL with Flowers, Feliciano, S McDermott, Isidora and Gadbois. Not the best OL in Miami history, but certainly a capable one, and one of the better ones we've had this decade. Duke had no problem having a historic season behind that line.

You guys are doing everything accept addressing Kaaya's deficiencies. "The defense couldn't stop them on 3rd down", but I'll completely ignore that Kaaya couldn't convert 3rd downs.

This thread is derailed because we are trying to address how a freshman QB just might not be ready. Kaaya wasn't ready, no matter how bad we want to say everyone else was despite tons of evidence to the contrary. Hopefully Perry is ready, because we need someone capable back there.

I dont think BK was the goat he was decent and the 14 line was better than the line his last few years but wasnt he a true fresh? And that same OL from 14 always got mauled at times especially vs fsu and fsu under jimbo is always my measuring stick. For some weird ***** reason even if BK was so so he did ok vs fsu. I thpught BK would of been a better college player whenwe got him but who was actually a good college player under folden? Maybe duke and Denzel he was god awful.

Also note i love perrys upside but im not going to sit here and think that boy beating a loaded fsu defense im not that crazy and if he so ehow did it he would be legend imo. Going to be a close game

This is all fake news. They will always say the politically correct thing so it's hard to put any weight on it. The upper classmen hated Kaaya starting (I know his from inside the school) but publically they ranted and raved about it.

I'm not saying it's not true, I'm just saying we can't put too much on what they say.

Advertisement
I dont think BK was the goat he was decent and the 14 line was better than the line his last few years but wasnt he a true fresh? And that same OL from 14 always got mauled at times especially vs fsu and fsu under jimbo is always my measuring stick. For some weird ***** reason even if BK was so so he did ok vs fsu. I thpught BK would of been a better college player whenwe got him but who was actually a good college player under folden? Maybe duke and Denzel he was god awful.

Also note i love perrys upside but im not going to sit here and think that boy beating a loaded fsu defense im not that crazy and if he so ehow did it he would be legend imo. Going to be a close game

Kaaya doesn't get a pass for being a true freshman for two reasons:

1) This is the University of Miami, and we don't rebuild
2) He never had the type of future success that gives him a pass for a 6 win season as a freshman

If Perry won 6 games this year and then a national title in 2018, then we could give Perry a pass for a poor freshman year.

Yes, Golden didn't put our players in position to be successful, but that's not really the point. We regressed from 2013 (under Morris) to 2014 and the only change was at QB. We shouldn't have regressed, and I don't want to regress this year either even if there is that dangling carrot in 2018. FSU didn't play Jameis as a true freshman, and they won a national title when he was ready to play as a redshirt freshman. But then again, Jalen Hurts had the poise to lead a game winning drive in the title game this year.

I have more faith in Perry being the type of leader the team needs during his freshman year than Kaaya, who wasn't much of a leader at all. But I'd rather have him wait at least a few games. I think Rosier will start the season, and if he doesn't beat FSU then Perry will take over.

2) He never had the type of future success that gives him a pass for a 6 win season as a freshman

If Perry won 6 games this year and then a national title in 2018, then we could give Perry a pass for a poor freshman year.

Yes, Golden didn't put our players in position to be successful, but that's not really the point. We regressed from 2013 (under Morris) to 2014 and the only change was at QB. We shouldn't have regressed, and I don't want to regress this year either even if there is that dangling carrot in 2018. FSU didn't play Jameis as a true freshman, and they won a national title when he was ready to play as a redshirt freshman. But then again, Jalen Hurts had the poise to lead a game winning drive in the title game this year.

I have more faith in Perry being the type of leader the team needs during his freshman year than Kaaya, who wasn't much of a leader at all. But I'd rather have him wait at least a few games. I think Rosier will start the season, and if he doesn't beat FSU then Perry will take over.

Under al the defense was the biggest problem on a team with multiple problems, that's all I'm saying. Defense worse than Kaaya.

As for Perry, it's pretty ridiculous that we're on here arguing about what the kid will do. We weren't able to tell what Kaaya or Jacory would do later in their careers. Both looked poised to have monster junior seasons, and neither delivered. So if we can't tell what a veteran with lots of game film will do, what makes anyone think we can tell what a true freshman will do?

I have no faith in anyone we have at QB at this point, but I agree with you that bringing Perry along slowly is the best course. As soon as the kid shows he's the goods, give him the keys but until then let's move slowly.

Under al the defense was the biggest problem on a team with multiple problems, that's all I'm saying. Defense worse than Kaaya.

As for Perry, it's pretty ridiculous that we're on here arguing about what the kid will do. We weren't able to tell what Kaaya or Jacory would do later in their careers. Both looked poised to have monster junior seasons, and neither delivered. So if we can't tell what a veteran with lots of game film will do, what makes anyone think we can tell what a true freshman will do?

I have no faith in anyone we have at QB at this point, but I agree with you that bringing Perry along slowly is the best course. As soon as the kid shows he's the goods, give him the keys but until then let's move slowly.

I promise you that the porsters who already think Perry will tear it up and be better than Kaaya, will be the same ones saying he is a bust after his first bad game.

Advertisement

Ok, well we can argue over whether diarrhea smells worse than vomit, but I think if we can just agree that conventional statistics don't accurately portray the entire picture then that's a good place to start.

But I agree with everything else. I'd feel more comfortable with Rosier, because we at least know what he does and doesn't bring to the table. We aren't going to have a wide open playbook with anyone at QB this year, so give it to the guy who will turn the ball over less, whoever that may be.

I promise you that the porsters who already think Perry will tear it up and be better than Kaaya, will be the same ones saying he is a bust after his first bad game.

Regardless of who starts, we will have more wins in 2017 than we ever had with Kaaya. Porsters who don't believe that will be the first ones celebrating when we do have 10+ wins this season.

Ok, well we can argue over whether diarrhea smells worse than vomit, but I think if we can just agree that conventional statistics don't accurately portray the entire picture then that's a good place to start.

But I agree with everything else. I'd feel more comfortable with Rosier, because we at least know what he does and doesn't bring to the table. We aren't going to have a wide open playbook with anyone at QB this year, so give it to the guy who will turn the ball over less, whoever that may be.

No we can't, diarrhea is much worse.

Truth is somewhere in the middle.
Was kaaya terrible? No
Was kaaya elite? Not really
But he was a pretty good qb. We have seen worse

Now I'm a kaaya fan but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't looking forward to perry taking the helm as the starting qb
[TWEET]882939871333146624[/TWEET]
A mobile qb doesn't solve all of our issues but man....

Why do you think Kaaya left early for the NFL? Do you actually think he'll be starting ahead of Perry after watching that.

Advertisement
Back