More players raving about Perry

I'm tired of the rah rah articles. Until we see Perry in a game, I have absolutely zero expectations. You guys should know better, over the past 10 years this team has been all about summer time rah rah stories. Of course no one is going to bash their teammate and everyone is working "hard" in the offseason.

at a minimum, let's keep the Perry the Savior hype on hold until he is named the starter, whenever that may be

Advertisement
I'm tired of the rah rah articles. Until we see Perry in a game, I have absolutely zero expectations. You guys should know better, over the past 10 years this team has been all about summer time rah rah stories. Of course no one is going to bash their teammate and everyone is working "hard" in the offseason.

at a minimum, let's keep the Perry the Savior hype on hold until he is named the starter, whenever that may be

Dumb comment, why come to a message board with a wait and see approach, we all get that, but what's the fun it in.

For Pete and D$: we've all heard the perry comparisons to Watson, Jackson and Ward. To me he seems like Bridgewater. TB had better accuracy but NP looks to have more arm strength. I also think their mobility/running ability are going to be the same. What are your thoughts on those comparisons?

For Pete and D$: we've all heard the perry comparisons to Watson, Jackson and Ward. To me he seems like Bridgewater. TB had better accuracy but NP looks to have more arm strength. I also think their mobility/running ability are going to be the same. What are your thoughts on those comparisons?

Bridgewater is one of the most commonly referenced comparisons for Perry. I agree

We all know the player talk...they always gona rally around the starter

Advertisement

Bridgewater is one of the most commonly referenced comparisons for Perry. I agree

Perry is a way better athelte than Bridgewater

I know it's just the summer and its hard to get a true idea of how good he will be based on "player ran" 7on7's. However, it's something to be said when his peers seem to be completely already bought in, giving the fact that he hasn't even been on campus for 2 months yet. Several players have now referenced how Perry is making db's and lb's look flat out silly at times.

Writing is on the wall... Perry has that IT factor we havent had at the qb position since Dorsey and the team is already galvanizing around him bc of it.

You're right. There wasn't one teammate praising Brad Kaaya the summer before his freshman season. Denzel Perryman never said he was impressed because he hadn't been able to rattle him.

Oh look there is a whole article about it after he was named the starter.

Absolutely glowing reviews:

Cornerback Tracy Howard said he thought Kaaya’s pocket presence helped win him the job over senior transfer Jake Heaps. Earlier in camp, linebacker Denzel Perryman said there was nothing he or his teammates could do in practice to rattle Kaaya.

“He has great footwork in the pocket,” Howard said. “He has a natural feel, does a great job stepping up and avoiding defenders in the pocket. He makes great decisions. You can’t beat a guy who makes great decisions. Instead of forcing it and throwing an interception, he’ll throw it away. And he moves the sticks.

We all know Brad had little to no feel under actual pressure.

Running back Duke Johnson said Kaaya has done a good job taking command of the huddle. “If you didn’t know Brad, you wouldn’t know that he’s a freshman,” Johnson said. “He comes in, he demands … he lets everybody know what’s the play, what he needs done.”

Miami Hurricanes defensive players praise new starting QB Brad Kaaya | Miami Herald

Considering what you think of Kaaya, maybe teammates praising a QB doesn't mean all that much. Or are those guys really off after fall camp and the 2017 guys are dead on before camp even starts?

None of those guys were wrong. Kaaya always looked like a heisman candidate in practice, so those comments don't come as a surprise.

Who's to say the same thing won't happen to Perry as far as practice vs. games is concerned? We'll have to find out, but it seems the praise for Perry in practices so far is genuine.

Also, I think those saying Perry doesn't have dual threat ability will be eating a lot of crow this year. Ran more his junior year of HS than his senior year, and just because he was a pass first guy doesn't mean he can't run; it's clear to see from certain plays in his highlights that Perry certainly has the ability to run. It's also clear from the players' comments that the staff agrees with me (and a few others) and will be asking Perry to use that running ability.

I thought camp articles were pointless.

But now we've got pre-camp articles. 7-on-7 articles lol.

Yeah, cause any of the kids are gonna say "Well, now that you ask, Perry really stinks. I have no idea what the coaches were thinking. This kid is awful and couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with a football"

Give me a break. Go to every team site of every team in the country. Every one. Every program has articles saying they're going to win championships and "this year feels different" blah blah blah. Guess what? Everyone can't go 12-0.

I can't wait for the season to start. This **** annoys me more and more every year, and every year people read into this stuff. Mind blowing.

Advertisement
Another mention of how impressed everyone is with his dual threat ability.... but hey according to some on here, he's not a dual threat qb bc he didnt have a lot of yards rushing in high school last season?? lol **** is hilarious

From what I've read and seen in highlight videos, he's a dual threat. And opposing teams that don't treat him as such will regret it.

I know it's just the summer and its hard to get a true idea of how good he will be based on "player ran" 7on7's. However, it's something to be said when his peers seem to be completely already bought in, giving the fact that he hasn't even been on campus for 2 months yet. Several players have now referenced how Perry is making db's and lb's look flat out silly at times.

Writing is on the wall... Perry has that IT factor we havent had at the qb position since Dorsey and the team is already galvanizing around him bc of it.

You're right. There wasn't one teammate praising Brad Kaaya the summer before his freshman season. Denzel Perryman never said he was impressed because he hadn't been able to rattle him.

Oh look there is a whole article about it after he was named the starter.

Miami Hurricanes defensive players praise new starting QB Brad Kaaya | Miami Herald

Considering what you think of Kaaya, maybe his teammates praising a QB doesn't mean all that much. Or were those really off after fall camp and the 2017 guys are dead on before camp even starts?

Thats just a fake fluff piece, Kaayas poise and pocket presence in non contact situations are something that still tricks coaches til this day... Duke and Denzel didnt care for Kaaya as their qb and it was obvious during the season. Perry on a different level

Discounts prior QB because of fake fluff newspaper piece, praises current QB using same type of fake fluff newspaper piece. Doesn't understand concept of irony.

I'm not giving Perry credit for impressing teammates in a flag football game. That's basically what 7 on 7 is....stripped down flag football

Trot Rosier out there this season as a starter, so we can go win the ACC ship and have a shot at the playoffs. This defense is good enough to take us to the promised land and it would be a **** shame to waste a championship caliber defense on a true freshman QB that will be good for 3 losses all by his **** self.

No, don't throw away the season on a true freshman QB (and yes, that's what we'd be doing). Bring Perry off the bench and give him 1-2 series per game to give him meaningful snaps game ready for this season and for 2018. Use him the Way Urban Meyer used Tebow as a freshman.

We are an 8-9 win team with Perry starting, but we are a 11+ win team with Rosier starting. That math is simple

Advertisement
I'm not giving Perry credit for impressing teammates in a flag football game. That's basically what 7 on 7 is....stripped down flag football

Trot Rosier out there this season as a starter, so we can go win the ACC ship and have a shot at the playoffs. This defense is good enough to take us to the promised land and it would be a **** shame to waste a championship caliber defense on a true freshman QB that will be good for 3 losses all by his **** self.

No, don't throw away the season on a true freshman QB (and yes, that's what we'd be doing). Bring Perry off the bench and give him 1-2 series per game to give him meaningful snaps game ready for this season and for 2018. Use him the Way Urban Meyer used Tebow as a freshman.

We are an 8-9 win team with Perry starting, but we are a 11+ win team with Rosier starting. That math is simple

GTFOH Rosier isn't winning 11

I like to hear how Perry is gaining the trust and respect of his teammates, no doubt.. BUT I want to see how he looks in full pads and he the rush is on!! Since Perry has gotten their they have been running 7 on 7 and just basically doing drills, we heard all these same things about Kaaya and I don't think he ever beat a ranked team (that actually finished the season ranked), never won the coastal (as weak as it was), and never beat FSU (lost a few late game leads)!!

SO for me, TALK is cheap!! Just like I say about these HS recruits (that gets glorified for balling out in 7 on 7 events), it's good to see them look good BUT it doesn't count until the pads come on.. 7 on 7 is just basically a passing drill for the offense, coverage drills for the defense..
LET'S PUT THE PADS ON FIRST, then we can judge Mr. Perry..

**AND by the way, I wasn't knocking Kaaya for what he did for Miami because the guy put up some nice stats at Miami, BUT at the end of the day FOOTBALL is not about stats!! It's about performance and what you do when the games count, and that aspect of it Kaaya was average**

Advertisement
Not only have our players endorsed Perry. I think our head coach has to.If I'm not mistaken Coach Richt said he reminded him of Charlie Ward. I think I will take Richt and the players word over you internet guys. Shalom

I also hope CMR lets the defense loose against these QBs during the fall!! I want to see the defenders actually put hits on the QB, especially Perry.. NOW, NOW I'm not saying blitzing him and lightning him up type of **** NO, NO.. But we need him to take a few hits, and get the feel for how CFB is played!! Miami is expected to have one of the best DEFENSE'S in CFB, so my thing is let Perry get a taste of that early and often and then we will find out if he's ready to be a starter day 1.. I just don't believe in letting the defense play two hand touch with a freshman QB that we need to find out if he can lead the team, let's turn up the heat and put the pressure and see how he reacts and then we will find out if he's ready or not.. **Just a thought**

Not only have our players endorsed Perry. I think our head coach has to.If I'm not mistaken Coach Richt said he reminded him of Charlie Ward. I think I will take Richt and the players word over you internet guys. Shalom

As long as you're willing to take the word of every teammate to ever discuss any freshman QB in a QB battle in the history of modern college football. You won't find an article where the QB isn't getting praised.

Instead of piece meaning an article together as if it's your inside information, you can save a lot of time and post the link to the article.

Advertisement
Back