MOMENTUM IN MIAMI

I remember we had a lot of fans poo pooing the WVU draw when our bowl game was initially announced. Meanwhile, beating a ranked WVU team convincingly in prime time probably contributed to the shift in momentum and perception of the program.

I think everyone just wanted the Gators. Beating a ranked Gator team would have been even better since we recruit against them. But the WVU win was big no doubt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
True but I think there is also a contingent of our fanbase that is obsessed with the SEC. Some of them would have rather faced a mediocre Kentucky or USCe team than a ranked WVU team. In any event, it worked out well for us.

Whoa! I was disappointed by the matchup with WVU simply because it was WVU. I've seen that game played many times. That being said, it worked out for the best for us. Beating a ranked team that high for that bowl was good for the program.

Advertisement
Revamped oline and not a powerful defense? The secondary could be as good as last year given the additions. The oline should be better with more starts, losing one player, more cohesiveness, a year older etc.

" could be" is the key phrase here. a lot of unknowns especially at the most important position (qb). Depending how the qb position develops Miami has a lot of pieces back for a strong 2018 when you factor all the guys coming back, experience etc.

I know a new QB is tough sometimes..but when the D is playing **** near lights out,..walking off the field..he asks the D...."hey guys..that didn't work like we scripted it,..can I get that skin back?"...3 plays and a punt later..here's your ball!! Any new QB will have a pretty good environment. Receivers w/ speed..a good returning running back.we gonna be just fine!!

Pretty new to the board so don't now if this article has been posted before but it is very prophetic and describes what all of us down here already knew. I also love that it's an sec site that put it out. It justifies the sec fanboys that like to talk isshh (Finebaum) about Miami when in reality they know what's coming.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-football/miami-impact-on-sec/amp/

Screen Shot 2017-03-06 at 3.10.31 PM.jpg

^ looser

Pretty new to the board so don't now if this article has been posted before but it is very prophetic and describes what all of us down here already knew. I also love that it's an sec site that put it out. It justifies the sec fanboys that like to talk isshh (Finebaum) about Miami when in reality they know what's coming.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-football/miami-impact-on-sec/amp/

View attachment 43399

^ looser

The ironing.

Advertisement

View attachment 43399

^ looser

The ironing.

Accento Cubano, bobo

“Miami never even talked to me or my coach I don’t think before Coach Richt“ said Rivals100 wide receiver Mark Pope, who now names Miami as his leader. “Now they’re talking to everyone. It just seems like they’re more involved with everyone.”

View attachment 43381

Al Golden was the worst. Absolutely terrible!

I remember when he got hired by the Detroit Lions for TE Coach{beats the **** out of me he even got hired-even by the Lions}& Cane fans from up there wrote"Dam, I thought we were done with this dude forever & now, will still have to see his lying *** all the time-LOL I do feel for ya up there-WOW- But as far as what's going on with our Canes now just really hard to put into words. Been tooooo dam long for this stuff that's happening. Hopefully MR builds us back to bullet proof from now on. Whenever we get to the top coaches in the past have let sht happen like Coker & derails us for a decade. I don't see that kind of stuff happening with MR-Don't need to cheat just win!

“Miami never even talked to me or my coach I don’t think before Coach Richt“ said Rivals100 wide receiver Mark Pope, who now names Miami as his leader. “Now they’re talking to everyone. It just seems like they’re more involved with everyone.”

View attachment 43381

Al Golden was the worst. Absolutely terrible!

I remember when he got hired by the Detroit Lions for TE Coach{beats the **** out of me he even got hired-even by the Lions}& Cane fans from up there wrote"Dam, I thought we were done with this dude forever & now, will still have to see his lying *** all the time-LOL I do feel for ya up there-WOW- But as far as what's going on with our Canes now just really hard to put into words. Been tooooo dam long for this stuff that's happening. Hopefully MR builds us back to bullet proof from now on. Whenever we get to the top coaches in the past have let sht happen like Coker & derails us for a decade. I don't see that kind of stuff happening with MR-Don't need to cheat just win!

I'd like to see CMR be at the helm when we make it back to the promised land. If Mannito really is the second coming, would love to see him takeover after CMR retires.

Advertisement

View attachment 43399

^ looser

I went and read the article thinking it would be something in the NOW but having said that-the best line in the whole article was
"Miami needs someone who can develop, scheme and coach the talent that pours in every year, circumstances be damned."

And it's looking like we dam shore got him too-SUK IT SEC!

"...Al Blades is committing..." say Cam Davis in this story
Blades has already been committed for months now...

The CIS Commit List doesn't reflect this. Nor does his ESPN profile. I don't count "silent commit".
Al Blades just want to go through the recruiting process like all the other recruits. So that's why none of the Miami fans who know are talk to him on twitter rushing him to commit. He said he going to commit in the summer before his SR season start. He's a 4th generation Hurricane.

Blades is NOT a 4th generation 'Cane. He's a second generation 'Cane. His dad went to Miami. Not his dad, his grandfather and his great grandfather.

FSU wasn't competitive in the 80's? Sure as **** we're ranked #1 a lot for a team that's not competitive.

Gator fans are literally the worst.

took long enough, but finally we got someone in here that knows what he's doing

oh, and to you Al Folden...

itdj6X0.gif

I don't get the hate for Golden, Shannon, or Coker. Why wouldn't they take the job? Problem was the administration going cheap time after time. They thought Miami could just plug any coach in and win. There's no one on this board that would get offered 1.5 mil a year and turn it down. We should have been throwing out a much higher number to get a real coach and staff. Bargain bin coaches at a bargain bin price.

We shouldn't have expected to catch a big fish using a second hand Barbie rod and reel.

Stopped reading at "I don't get the hate."

Only an idiot says this. Straight up. God bless your soul.

Agreed 100% anyone that doesn't understand that should stick to Madden. This is simple. Coker didn't deserve hate. He was a **** good offensive coordinator who let himself be fooled by the kids that he was ready to be the head man at a big time show. His problem is he was unprepared for the job or the responsibility put on his shoulders. He screwed us cause he knew no better. Onion screwed us cause everything he did was about favoritism & having everything his way. He literally undermined every person from player to coach to administration while he was here. Far as golden goes he deserves nothing but hatred because he purposely ****ed his team. Any coaches job is to take the talent on hand & tweak your system to vet the best out of the whole shebang. Well all he did was repeatedly State in his own words "I got these athletically inferior kids at temple to do it my way & win(somewhat) so why can't these kids here do the same. The problem isn't me & my schemes,coaches etc. It's these kids are stoopid & not as good as they believe. They're failing us. What else is he saying when week Fter week it's we just didn't come out right... stop giving these pricks excuses.

Advertisement

itdj6X0.gif

I don't get the hate for Golden, Shannon, or Coker. Why wouldn't they take the job? Problem was the administration going cheap time after time. They thought Miami could just plug any coach in and win. There's no one on this board that would get offered 1.5 mil a year and turn it down. We should have been throwing out a much higher number to get a real coach and staff. Bargain bin coaches at a bargain bin price.

We shouldn't have expected to catch a big fish using a second hand Barbie rod and reel.

Agreed 100% anyone that doesn't understand that should stick to Madden. This is simple. Coker didn't deserve hate. He was a **** good offensive coordinator who let himself be fooled by the kids that he was ready to be the head man at a big time show. His problem is he was unprepared for the job or the responsibility put on his shoulders. He screwed us cause he knew no better. Onion screwed us cause everything he did was about favoritism & having everything his way. He literally undermined every person from player to coach to administration while he was here. Far as golden goes he deserves nothing but hatred because he purposely ****ed his team. Any coaches job is to take the talent on hand & tweak your system to vet the best out of the whole shebang. Well all he did was repeatedly State in his own words "I got these athletically inferior kids at temple to do it my way & win(somewhat) so why can't these kids here do the same. The problem isn't me & my schemes,coaches etc. It's these kids are stoopid & not as good as they believe. They're failing us. What else is he saying when week Fter week it's we just didn't come out right... stop giving these pricks excuses.
Look at today and compare it to every year after 2001 (2002 cokeritis was taking root).

God **** I will enjoy this climb back to dominance.

11 and 1 this year. Mark it down

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

FSU wasn't competitive in the 80's? Sure as **** we're ranked #1 a lot for a team that's not competitive.

Gator fans are literally the worst.

Mods WHOMEVER PUT THAT DUMB **** UP & SAID IT WAS VALID SHOULD BE PERMANENTLY BANNED! This is what I mean about these know nothing morons. Fsu & uf were nothing in the 80s? Guess someone should be informed day had an ncaa record that probably still hasn't been broke of like 2 straight decades where they ended the season in the top 5. Uf was dominant too that's why they dropped us cause they were tired of winning in the sec but getting drug year after year by us. It should be adopted into law that the Florida cup needs to be decided on the field yearly. Us,uf & fsu should all have to play each other yearly.

itdj6X0.gif

Are you ******* kidding me? Every one of these coaches deserves hate for the exact same reason. They were unable to win nearly as many games as they should have given the talent they had and failed to secure the amount of talent they should have. Doesn't matter if Coker "got fooled" or Randy played favorites. They failed and that is unforgivable in college football no matter what the reason or intent.

Advertisement

itdj6X0.gif

Are you ******* kidding me? Every one of these coaches deserves hate for the exact same reason. They were unable to win nearly as many games as they should have given the talent they had and failed to secure the amount of talent they should have. Doesn't matter if Coker "got fooled" or Randy played favorites. They failed and that is unforgivable in college football no matter what the reason or intent.

I respect your opinion but disagree. As a fan yes they all deserve hate because they had a monumental role in our decline. However I can respect a coach who tried to win to his best ability & did right by his kids. Coker tried. He was just incompetent. Onion tried to an extent. But he cost a lot of kids careers. I can't respect that. He deserves his hate. Golden deserves to rot... He looked everyone of those kids in the eyes and lied to them every time he opened his mouth. He intentionally sabotaged these kids futures. Did you see njoku at the combine when alfraud was working the blocking dummies! I felt horrible for the kid. The level of hatred was transparent.

I respect your opinion but disagree. As a fan yes they all deserve hate because they had a monumental role in our decline. However I can respect a coach who tried to win to his best ability & did right by his kids. Coker tried. He was just incompetent. Onion tried to an extent. But he cost a lot of kids careers. I can't respect that. He deserves his hate. Golden deserves to rot... He looked everyone of those kids in the eyes and lied to them every time he opened his mouth. He intentionally sabotaged these kids futures. Did you see njoku at the combine when alfraud was working the blocking dummies! I felt horrible for the kid. The level of hatred was transparent.

Know what? I'm gonna go with you on this one as I assume you know these guys better than I do. I'm not sending any of them a Christmas card, but I'll stipulate that Coker>Randy>rats>****roaches>al when it comes to being a good human being.

Gorlden is the worst kind of human being. He should have been a politician

itdj6X0.gif

Don't let Thomas M fool you. He loved Golden.

Advertisement
Back