MOMENTUM IN MIAMI

Advertisement
took long enough, but finally we got someone in here that knows what he's doing

oh, and to you Al Folden...

itdj6X0.gif

I don't get the hate for Golden, Shannon, or Coker. Why wouldn't they take the job? Problem was the administration going cheap time after time. They thought Miami could just plug any coach in and win. There's no one on this board that would get offered 1.5 mil a year and turn it down. We should have been throwing out a much higher number to get a real coach and staff. Bargain bin coaches at a bargain bin price.

We shouldn't have expected to catch a big fish using a second hand Barbie rod and reel.

“Miami never even talked to me or my coach I don’t think before Coach Richt“ said Rivals100 wide receiver Mark Pope, who now names Miami as his leader. “Now they’re talking to everyone. It just seems like they’re more involved with everyone.”

View attachment 43381

Wow. Never bothered recruiting Jeudy who was the best receiver in the nation last cycle in our own backyard. And didn't bother recruiting the best nation in South Florida this cycle. So ignoring the two best receivers your local area has to offer which is among the best in the nation. Hats off to Golden on that. Didn't think anyone could fail that hard.

Love the article and what the staff is doing in reconnecting our institution with the Black community in south Florida. That photograph of coach Richt holding up the U surrounded by a sea of youth league football players is priceless. It might not seem like much to some, as the parent of a young athlete, I can't even begin to express to you how much that matters. Those kids will not soon forget that and neither will their parents. Coach is off the right start on the recruiting front.

Like I've said before, Rick is playing the long game.

Yes things right now are going great in recruiting, I think we'll have a good pay off come next February. But of even greater importance in my opinion, is his long view. This will pay dividends down the road for years to come.

That's going to be a major difference because golden wasn't even recruiting kids a yr ahead. Meanwhile right is recruiting pop warner kids. That means even when right is gone he will still be having a positive impact for the next coaches

Golden was only playing the short game. He recruited just ok for the short term, but staying at Miami long-term was never in his master plan. He came into the job thinking he'd tear it up for three or four years and then parlay that into a gig at another higher paying institution or more likely in the NFL.

Win the Coastal like we should and the ACCCG and we will clean up in recruiting from now on. This is the biggest season since the title years just to show we're coming back to dominate

Advertisement
Love the article and what the staff is doing in reconnecting our institution with the Black community in south Florida. That photograph of coach Richt holding up the U surrounded by a sea of youth league football players is priceless. It might not seem like much to some, as the parent of a young athlete, I can't even begin to express to you how much that matters. Those kids will not soon forget that and neither will their parents. Coach is off the right start on the recruiting front.

Yes things right now are going great in recruiting, I think we'll have a good pay off come next February. But of even greater importance in my opinion, is his long view. This will pay dividends down the road for years to come.

That's going to be a major difference because golden wasn't even recruiting kids a yr ahead. Meanwhile right is recruiting pop warner kids. That means even when right is gone he will still be having a positive impact for the next coaches

Golden was only playing the short game. He recruited just ok for the short term, but staying at Miami long-term was never in his master plan. He came into the job thinking he'd tear it up for three or four years and then parlay that into a gig at another higher paying institution or more likely in the NFL.

He came in assuming that if he kept saying the right stuff he'd be able to win. Turns out you have to actually put those sayings in to practice. I think he honestly can't figure out why it didn't work.

Best part was saying that the old coaching staff was only worried about the current years class and never built relationships with underclassman. All these commits talk about how they knew coach such and such for 2 years minimum. Grassroots for sure. I love it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertisement
Win 10+ games w another bowl victor and watch the fence go up ASAP. Watch kids cut throats their way into being a Cane. 2016, the foundation. Class of 17, the support beams. Class of 18 the walls. Class of 19, empire completely rebuilt. Book it.

Golden, that you? I'm kidding of course.

Advertisement

I think Golden took the Miami job to show Penn St. that he had experience at a big time program and would be ready for the PSU job, something they might have been leery about had he come directly from Temple. He figured all he had to do was just coast a little bit, not **** things up and make sure his phone was on when PSU inevitably called to offer him the job.

And because he isn't the slightest bit intelligent, when what he did at Temple didn't work he had no plan B. It never occurred to him that what he was doing wasn't working, to him the problem was that he wasn't doing it enough. There needed to be more buzzwords more slogans more business boardroom BS nonsense. More fanatical loyalty to Dorito and Co.

Advertisement
took long enough, but finally we got someone in here that knows what he's doing

oh, and to you Al Folden...

itdj6X0.gif

I don't get the hate for Golden, Shannon, or Coker. Why wouldn't they take the job? Problem was the administration going cheap time after time. They thought Miami could just plug any coach in and win. There's no one on this board that would get offered 1.5 mil a year and turn it down. We should have been throwing out a much higher number to get a real coach and staff. Bargain bin coaches at a bargain bin price.

We shouldn't have expected to catch a big fish using a second hand Barbie rod and reel.

Stopped reading at "I don't get the hate."

Only an idiot says this. Straight up. God bless your soul.

“Miami never even talked to me or my coach I don’t think before Coach Richt“ said Rivals100 wide receiver Mark Pope, who now names Miami as his leader. “Now they’re talking to everyone. It just seems like they’re more involved with everyone.”

View attachment 43381

I take back my post comparing you to Rivals and apologize. Nice work.

I remember we had a lot of fans poo pooing the WVU draw when our bowl game was initially announced. Meanwhile, beating a ranked WVU team convincingly in prime time probably contributed to the shift in momentum and perception of the program.

Advertisement
Back