MOMENTUM IN MIAMI

"...Al Blades is committing..." say Cam Davis in this story
Blades has already been committed for months now...

The CIS Commit List doesn't reflect this. Nor does his ESPN profile. I don't count "silent commit".

You're right. Al Blades is likely going to end up at Slippery Rock.
Been to a lot of parties at Slippery Rock in my day. Al would certainly stand out there.

Advertisement

The CIS Commit List doesn't reflect this. Nor does his ESPN profile. I don't count "silent commit".[/QUOTE

Been to a lot of parties at Slippery Rock in my day. Al would certainly stand out there.

F slippery rock it's about IUP in the D2 ranks

Hey Georgia..................................
Throw me to wolves-Rich.jpg

This is all nice. I'm not in the " if we win they come " camp. I think as long as Miami continues to imporove and build kids will want to become apart of this. Miami may won 8 games next year but still take steps forward. I don't think Miami need to win 10 to keep these guys on board. All Miami has to do is show they are moving in the right direction.

The CIS Commit List doesn't reflect this. Nor does his ESPN profile. I don't count "silent commit".

Many would probably agree in most instances after some of what happened to close the 17 class. However, Blades is not a 'silent' to worry about.

Now I wish he would make it known sooner just to keep the momentum going. **** I wish Pope, Hall, Dunlap and Reed would all commit soon. Just for the exposure and having so many kids at all these summer camps/circuits recruiting for us openly. Plus having a class so full so early could force the hand of other pretty big recruits to pull the trigger early to get their spot on the train or get left out.

Then the staff can spend more time working on just a few big fish and the 19 class and wrapping up an ACC title level season.

Advertisement
took long enough, but finally we got someone in here that knows what he's doing

oh, and to you Al Folden...

itdj6X0.gif

I don't get the hate for Golden, Shannon, or Coker. Why wouldn't they take the job? Problem was the administration going cheap time after time. They thought Miami could just plug any coach in and win. There's no one on this board that would get offered 1.5 mil a year and turn it down. We should have been throwing out a much higher number to get a real coach and staff. Bargain bin coaches at a bargain bin price.

We shouldn't have expected to catch a big fish using a second hand Barbie rod and reel.

Interesting comment here. Golden was an ******* who communicated with the fans as if they were complete fools. Remember his interviews on wqam? The man was complete trash who refused to make changes for the good of the team. He was a selfish clown who hid behind that corny *** tie. He didn't know anything about championship football and if IIRC you where on board with this clown despite his obvious short comings in year 1.

I remember we had a lot of fans poo pooing the WVU draw when our bowl game was initially announced. Meanwhile, beating a ranked WVU team convincingly in prime time probably contributed to the shift in momentum and perception of the program.

I take another L on that as well.

upvote would rep

This is all nice. I'm not in the " if we win they come " camp. I think as long as Miami continues to imporove and build kids will want to become apart of this. Miami may won 8 games next year but still take steps forward. I don't think Miami need to win 10 to keep these guys on board. All Miami has to do is show they are moving in the right direction.

Exactly if u can close u can close...doesn't matter how the season goes if a coach can recruit he can recruit. This 2018 class will win though

Advertisement

I disagree...we must win big this year with this schedule to keep some of these guys on board. We have the talent to make that jump, natty talks in 2/3 yrs. But if we only win 8/9 games is not showing improvement from a year ago. We have a hot hand right now and you keep that by producing on the field.

I disagree...we must win big this year with this schedule to keep some of these guys on board. We have the talent to make that jump, natty talks in 2/3 yrs. But if we only win 8/9 games is not showing improvement from a year ago. We have a hot hand right now and you keep that by producing on the field.

There's so much that goes into recruiting and building relationships with these kids, it amazes me some people could think the difference between 8 and 10 wins will cause this class to either be great or completely fall apart.

Notre Dame won 4 games last year and is on their way to a Top 5 class.

Look at the history of this program for starters. What was Miami prior to Howard Schellenbergers arrival? Miami wasn't s***. What Howard sold to those kids is you can build a winner here. His w/l varied but the team still improved. Then in year 5 they win it all. That's kinda the long approach but it get's my point across. If certain players defect then you as a coach have to replace those guys. Point is Miami can still yet still be progressing and a good coach will survive. Good/great coaches get good/great players.

Lots of examples out there of coaches taking over programs and getting good/great players despite losing a bunch of gamers the year before or even so called playing down/ not winning as many games as the fan base thinks.

Advertisement
I remember we had a lot of fans poo pooing the WVU draw when our bowl game was initially announced. Meanwhile, beating a ranked WVU team convincingly in prime time probably contributed to the shift in momentum and perception of the program.

Guilty as charged. I'll take the L as well

The CIS Commit List doesn't reflect this. Nor does his ESPN profile. I don't count "silent commit".[/QUOTE

F slippery rock it's about IUP in the D2 ranks
You rite. I've got some great IUP stories.

Advertisement
Disagree completely. Miami showed progress last season. THIS season they need to take the next step, only winning 8 games isn't enough and will be a massive failure. To keep these kids on board we need to make the ACC championship game.

Richards tweeted Pope about being next. Pope's response 100, 100. Would be nice to get him to commit publicly.

Al Blades just want to go through the recruiting process like all the other recruits. So that's why none of the Miami fans who know are talk to him on twitter rushing him to commit. He said he going to commit in the summer before his SR season start. He's a 4th generation Hurricane.

Committed kids don't get recruited? News to me

Advertisement
Back