MOMENTUM IN MIAMI

Not Al Blades he already know where he's going.
e58382a1e997893200d16b4460d28f36.jpg

Sent from my SM-G530T1 using Tapatalk

Hoping most people know this story.

How old was he here, by the way? It's been at least one or two years.

Advertisement
"...Al Blades is committing..." say Cam Davis in this story
Blades has already been committed for months now...

The CIS Commit List doesn't reflect this. Nor does his ESPN profile. I don't count "silent commit".
Al Blades just want to go through the recruiting process like all the other recruits. So that's why none of the Miami fans who know are talk to him on twitter rushing him to commit. He said he going to commit in the summer before his SR season start. He's a 4th generation Hurricane.

Committed kids don't get recruited? News to me

They get recruited but you will be the first to complain about kids who are committed to us still go around and take official visits, talk to other rival coaches etc.......
Do you want a kid to commit then acts like his commitment means nothing? If you want to commit then forget about enjoying the recruiting process like Lingard and Hightower. If you want to enjoy the process don't commit until your done "enjoying"!

"...Al Blades is committing..." say Cam Davis in this story
Blades has already been committed for months now...

The CIS Commit List doesn't reflect this. Nor does his ESPN profile. I don't count "silent commit".
Al Blades just want to go through the recruiting process like all the other recruits. So that's why none of the Miami fans who know are talk to him on twitter rushing him to commit. He said he going to commit in the summer before his SR season start. He's a 4th generation Hurricane.

Committed kids don't get recruited? News to me
Not Al Blades he already know where he' s going.
86e6e90654a8a15d5c1c2f512cfc38e8.jpg

Sent from my SM-G530T1 using Tapatalk

This is all nice. I'm not in the " if we win they come " camp. I think as long as Miami continues to imporove and build kids will want to become apart of this. Miami may won 8 games next year but still take steps forward. I don't think Miami need to win 10 to keep these guys on board. All Miami has to do is show they are moving in the right direction.
Disagree completely. Miami showed progress last season. THIS season they need to take the next step, only winning 8 games isn't enough and will be a massive failure. To keep these kids on board we need to make the ACC championship game.

Take the next step bringing in a new qb and revamped o-line? A depleted secondary? Miami could easily take a step back this year yet still be on the right path. This is actually the year Miami will build for a run at a title in a couple years. It depends largely on the qb situation and whoever wins that position.

Miami has a nice core now with the young front 7 etc. but it isn't like Miami is returning a vet qb and a powerful defense. Given the situation Miami winning 8-9 games doesn't man they've taken a step back.

When Coker was here Miami was winning and he still brought the wrong kinds of players in. Winning doesn't bring in great players in itself..a good/ great coach can identify talent and bring it in good/great which interns, means wins.

Go back and look at all the teams that sucked before they had a real coach....most all of them had an exopericned qb returning, USC had Palmer when carrol arrived, osu* had krenzal or whoever when tresses got there, etc etc

Advertisement
This is all nice. I'm not in the " if we win they come " camp. I think as long as Miami continues to imporove and build kids will want to become apart of this. Miami may won 8 games next year but still take steps forward. I don't think Miami need to win 10 to keep these guys on board. All Miami has to do is show they are moving in the right direction.
Disagree completely. Miami showed progress last season. THIS season they need to take the next step, only winning 8 games isn't enough and will be a massive failure. To keep these kids on board we need to make the ACC championship game.

Agree.
If we lose 4 next year we're losing to some teams we should beat.
That can't happen next year.

Take the next step bringing in a new qb and revamped o-line? A depleted secondary? Miami could easily take a step back this year yet still be on the right path. This is actually the year Miami will build for a run at a title in a couple years. It depends largely on the qb situation and whoever wins that position.

Miami has a nice core now with the young front 7 etc. but it isn't like Miami is returning a vet qb and a powerful defense. Given the situation Miami winning 8-9 games doesn't man they've taken a step back.

When Coker was here Miami was winning and he still brought the wrong kinds of players in. Winning doesn't bring in great players in itself..a good/ great coach can identify talent and bring it in good/great which interns, means wins.

Go back and look at all the teams that sucked before they had a real coach....most all of them had an exopericned qb returning, USC had Palmer when carrol arrived, osu* had krenzal or whoever when tresses got there, etc etc

For the most part Miami will be upgraded in every area except QB as it will still be questionable. With the front 7 and the running game we should be better than last season. These kids don't see it like you or I. Wins, conference championships and bowl games matter. If we don't do that then you're going see the negative recruiting hit and it will take a toll on this class.

Advertisement
I think our quarterback play will be better. Kaaya lacked more than he brought to the table IMO. He lacked leadership, pocket awareness, athletic ability, and more importantly he was a statue in the pocket and a liability when rushed

Win 10+ games w another bowl victor and watch the fence go up ASAP. Watch kids cut throats their way into being a Cane. 2016, the foundation. Class of 17, the support beams. Class of 18 the walls. Class of 19, empire completely rebuilt. Book it.

Bruh I've been thinking the same thing. This class will be the wall built back up. Ain't nobody coming into our zone and taking our kids.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertisement
I remember we had a lot of fans poo pooing the WVU draw when our bowl game was initially announced. Meanwhile, beating a ranked WVU team convincingly in prime time probably contributed to the shift in momentum and perception of the program.

I think everyone just wanted the Gators. Beating a ranked Gator team would have been even better since we recruit against them. But the WVU win was big no doubt.

I remember we had a lot of fans poo pooing the WVU draw when our bowl game was initially announced. Meanwhile, beating a ranked WVU team convincingly in prime time probably contributed to the shift in momentum and perception of the program.

I think everyone just wanted the Gators. Beating a ranked Gator team would have been even better since we recruit against them. But the WVU win was big no doubt.

exactly

Advertisement

True but I think there is also a contingent of our fanbase that is obsessed with the SEC. Some of them would have rather faced a mediocre Kentucky or USCe team than a ranked WVU team. In any event, it worked out well for us.

True but I think there is also a contingent of our fanbase that is obsessed with the SEC. Some of them would have rather faced a mediocre Kentucky or USCe team than a ranked WVU team. In any event, it worked out well for us.

lol that's absurd if so. Take the ranked opponent every time. Knock em off and flex. But when the opportunity is present to play another ranked team that is your rival, but who doesn't see you as a rival, you beg for that chance to smack them.

I've thought for a bit that one of UFs biggest recruiting advantages is not having to play us. Beating them every year would hurt them so much. It would show they can win the sec east but are last in the state when it comes down to it. I crave every and any chance at them.

Revamped oline and not a powerful defense? The secondary could be as good as last year given the additions. The oline should be better with more starts, losing one player, more cohesiveness, a year older etc.

Advertisement
Back