MLB draft

How many current players on the roster got drafted and are gone.I know nine of them are in summer ball.sorry if you answered this in previous posts I scanned through them and didn't see anything.

Advertisement
Amditis, Mixon, Veliz, McKendry drafted and gone.

Keysor drafted and back.

Logo, recruit, drafted and gone.

All other recruits are expected to get to campus.

This was essentially the (realistic) best case scenario.

I guess other than Amditis. An argument could be made for him to come back for another year.

This was essentially the (realistic) best case scenario.

I guess other than Amditis. An argument could be made for him to come back for another year.

probably right.

amiditis was probably expected back. and veliz was 50/50 at best, and that might be generous.

mcKendry and mixon were always much more likely than not to sign.

absolutely agree that no one expected Lugo to show.

would have been nice to have at least one of the 3 pitchers back, but that's the way it is.

that all of the other freshman recruits will show, and given we have roster space for one or two strategic JUCO late additions, bodes pretty well for next season's roster.

Last edited:
Amditis, Mixon, Veliz, McKendry drafted and gone.

Keysor drafted and back.

Logo, recruit, drafted and gone.

All other recruits are expected to get to campus.

Happy Father's Day to all fathers.

Lance, - do your comments imply that you expect both Eskew and McFarlane to get to campus? That would be awesome based on their upside.

Advertisement
Happy Father's Day to all fathers.

Lance, - do your comments imply that you expect both Eskew and McFarlane to get to campus? That would be awesome based on their upside.

I am stating a few things: I follow the Cardinals closely (first writing gig was covering prospects for them as their AA team is here). As such, I follow what they’re doing and they’re essentially out of money after signing a couple of HS kids to over 125k deals after 10th round. The rest of their money is earmarked for Jack Owens, who is a sophomore eligible LHP from Auburn. He’s in the CWS so can’t sign until after. They only have around 350k left to offer and McFarlane isn’t signing for that or he’d have gone way early.

Eskew is EXPECTED to get to campus, but Arizona just had money open up after their 1st rounder had a problem come up on physical and it opened up around a half million for them. With the rest of the excess they have in their pool, they could give Eskew a million if they wanted to. We will sweat that one until we see them spend it elsewhere.

Regardless, the draft went about as well as we could’ve hoped (other than losing Mixon, whom I was a big fan of since I built a Juco baseball model and he was a great projection against righties).

Next year Miami should be EXPECTED to get to Omaha if they stay healthy.

I am stating a few things: I follow the Cardinals closely (first writing gig was covering prospects for them as their AA team is here). As such, I follow what they’re doing and they’re essentially out of money after signing a couple of HS kids to over 125k deals after 10th round. The rest of their money is earmarked for Jack Owens, who is a sophomore eligible LHP from Auburn. He’s in the CWS so can’t sign until after. They only have around 350k left to offer and McFarlane isn’t signing for that or he’d have gone way early.

Eskew is EXPECTED to get to campus, but Arizona just had money open up after their 1st rounder had a problem come up on physical and it opened up around a half million for them. With the rest of the excess they have in their pool, they could give Eskew a million if they wanted to. We will sweat that one until we see them spend it elsewhere.

Regardless, the draft went about as well as we could’ve hoped (other than losing Mixon, whom I was a big fan of since I built a Juco baseball model and he was a great projection against righties).

Next year Miami should be EXPECTED to get to Omaha if they stay healthy.

Good info - thanks.

Just watch out for one thing with those high-schoolers who don't sign: a last minute decision to go to JUCO for a year and then try to get drafted again.

Advertisement
Advertisement
About 70%

60%

Bonuses in California and NYC are actually tagged at 50%. In California, between payroll, Medicare, Medicaid, SS, Federal, State, City and Neighborhood, we are only keeping 48% of our total salary.

Social Security are Medicare are essentially taxes since no one under the age of 45 will ever receive it. Social Security is bankrupt in 2034......

60%

Bonuses in California and NYC are actually tagged at 50%. In California, between payroll, Medicare, Medicaid, SS, Federal, State, City and Neighborhood, we are only keeping 48% of our total salary.

Social Security are Medicare are essentially taxes since no one under the age of 45 will ever receive it. Social Security is bankrupt in 2034......

So now he’s a conspiracy theorist too.

60%

Sounds like you should move.

Advertisement
60%

I am writing this percent with personal knowledge of a work associate who has a son that was drafted in the teens. From taxes, agents fees, etc....he came away with actually 71.6%
Remember, Florida has no city or state or county taxes like in New York City area. And I'm originally from NY.

60%

Social Security are Medicare are essentially taxes since no one under the age of 45 will ever receive it. Social Security is bankr
I am writing this percent with personal knowledge of a work associate who has a son that was drafted in the teens. From taxes, agents fees, etc....he came away with actually 71.6%
Remember, Florida has no city or state or county taxes like in New York City area. And I'm originally from NY.

Florida does have City & County taxes, not as high as NY and Cali. Plus, they get around calling additional charges you have to pay by calling them fees, instead of taxes. If you live in a city, you also get double taxed because your tax bill includes both County and City taxes.

You are 100% correct.

Florida now has over 55% of NYC's hedge fund managers. Scary what is happening to the tax bases of Connecticut and New Jersey.

Our jobs keep us in California. If my wife was employable elsewhere, we would leave.

Advertisement
Back