MJJ

Every college in America has a room full of unproven QBs. It's up to the coaches to either recruit better QB's or develop them better. A lot of this, or all of it, falls on CMR and Jon Richt. No excuse to not have Cade or Perry ready to go by year 2 in today's college game.

Exactly! his point makes no freaking sense WHATSOEVER...

Advertisement
It’s really really hard for me to believe Mark Richt isn’t all over who we go after at QB. You seem to have more sources so I’ll go with what you say. If that is the case, I really have to question some of the decisions being made by the head coach on the recruiting trail.
We have three coaches who have a lil bit of independence in there INITIAL targets. TB,Manny & JR. They all have to be signed off on by cmr. But everyone else chooses out the kids they like then brings them to staff who either signs off as a majority or on as a majority. Key word in all that is initial. If cmr doesnt agree than its dead in the water.

...and you’re the spiteful envious little ***** that’s going to write a 300 word screed about it when, as you say, it’s basically unimportant (your words).

Love for you to say this to either Richt to their faces if you feel so strongly about it.

LMAO!!! Is Mark Richt gonna fight me because his kid isn't qualified to be here? He knows better than anyone he's not qualified. This literally made me laugh out loud. Thank you.

Wasn’t there a report on the Herald or something like that months ago about Richt not being concerned if he took a QB this year? Said he would take a transfer to fill the gap and then hit the 2020 cycle. They really must not be impressed with the options available in 2019 that they think they can actually land.
I had initially disagreed with his statement(about greyson lambert) but now that you referenced it,its actually EXACTLY how he ended up with greyson lambert. He wasnt overly impressed with his INITIAL target and once he reassessed the landscape the other viable options were locked in. He took greyson lambert who was a bum at uva as a transfer and the rest we know...

Advertisement
His son has no business being here, period. FSU hired Walt Bell to be their QB coach. He was the OC/QB Coach at Maryland for 2 seasons, before that he was the OC/QB Coach at Arkansas State for 2 seasons, before that he was the TE coach & recruiting coordinator for UNC for 2 seasons. He's 34 years old.

UF hired Brian Johnson to be their QB coach. He was the OC/QB coach for Houston last year, he was the QB coach at Miss St for 3 years before that, and was the OC/QB coach at Utah for 2 years before that. He's 31 years old.

Jon Richt is Miami's QB coach. He was a quality control coach at UGA (for his dad) in 2014. He got coffee for the coaches for a year in Buffalo working for the Bills in 2015. Then he came here. He's 28 years old.

The bottom line is, Walt Bell is a deserving hire at FSU. Is he absolutely, positively a better coach than Jon Richt? Maybe, maybe not but the fact of the matter is he's a qualified candidate with a pedigree of success and an ascension through the coaching ranks until he got the job he has currently. The exact same can be said about Brian Johnson at UF. Is he the next Vince Lombardi? It remains to be seen. But he's qualified for the job he has and deserves to have it.

Jon Richt is not qualified to have the job he holds. At all, in any universe. He is only the QB coach at Miami because of who his dad is. That is literally the only reason. The. Only. One. If Mario Cristobal was the HC at Miami, do you think Jon Richt would be his QB coach? Noooooope. My point simply is, I don't think little Richt is some cancer who is destroying the program from within. I don't think he's the missing piece of the puzzle that will prevent the team from winning a championship. He's a cog in a wheel. But when you don't deserve the job you have and then you don't perform at the level expected of you, you can bet your *** you're going to get a world of **** and you're going to deserve every drop of it.

I agree with everything you say.

I know I'm an outlier, but I also believe having coaches like Lil Richt on staff will cost us championships.

It's not that he's a bad coach or person for that matter, it's that he's not top-notch and the continued slip-ups will add up in time and can cost us big at the highest levels of competition.

Surprised that Dugans isn't one of the coaches with a bit of independence.

We have three coaches who have a lil bit of independence in there INITIAL targets. TB,Manny & JR. They all have to be signed off on by cmr. But everyone else chooses out the kids they like then brings them to staff who either signs off as a majority or on as a majority. Key word in all that is initial. If cmr doesnt agree than its dead in the water.

I agree with most that we should take a QB every cycle. It’s a necessity. I’m just not in the camp of signing a mediocre kid out of high school with limited upside just to fill a roster spot.

The 2019 QB crop is one of the worst I can remember. I agree that we should look at the transfer market for that ‘fill-in’ guy. Get a guy who can at least contribute immediately.

I don’t think this crop is bad at all.

Spencer Rattler, Hilinski, Tai, Mertz, and Gunnell should’ve been our targets as well...ESPECIALLY Rattler.

I just feel Richt gives too much autonomy to his son. I have opinions on this, but this is neither the time or place at this moment. Going all in on one QB this cycle has been dumb from the jump.

The super fan will tell u, it’s OK we’re going after one QB and it’s OK if we just move on and don’t take a QB this cycle. The realistic fan will tell you, THATS BULL CHIT! If there’s one position u can’t skip per cycle, is QB....WHEN YOU DON’T HAVE AN ESTABLISHED QB!

Rosier is gone; and pls believe either N’kosi or Weldon or BOTH are transferring if Williams becomes the man here this year or next year.

Needless to say, I’ve been very irritated w how we’ve handled this position.

Advertisement
LMAO!!! Is Mark Richt gonna fight me because his kid isn't qualified to be here? He knows better than anyone he's not qualified. This literally made me laugh out loud. Thank you.

LOL of course he’s not going to fight you.

He’s going to slap once you like a little bltch and you’re going to cry.

Rattler in Norman (#1 QB), throwing to Arjei Henderson, Theo Weese and Bridges (3 Top 20 WRs) and Stogner (#2 TE) under Lincoln Riley has got to have Big 12 teams worried sick. That's a **** of a haul for them.

I had initially disagreed with his statement(about greyson lambert) but now that you referenced it,its actually EXACTLY how he ended up with greyson lambert. He wasnt overly impressed with his INITIAL target and once he reassessed the landscape the other viable options were locked in. He took greyson lambert who was a bum at uva as a transfer and the rest we know...
Then the next thing to try to figure out is who are potential transfer candidates at the QB position or is it already too late for that too...

Advertisement
Rattler in Norman (#1 QB), throwing to Arjei Henderson, Theo Weese and Bridges (3 Top 20 WRs) and Stogner (#2 TE) under Lincoln Riley has got to have Big 12 teams worried sick. That's a **** of a haul for them.

Which is probably why McIntosh is apprently seriously considering them. That offense has to be attractive compared to ours.

Then the next thing to try to figure out is who are potential transfer candidates at the QB position or is it already too late for that too...
Im just gonna say we turned away jacob eason & shea patterson this off season... shea a bunch of us tried to chip in on but to no avail.

Advertisement
J

Jesus... this doesnt seem like u. Everything ok at home? Not trying to be funny. Just seems aggressive for you. Used to witty.

Things couldn’t be better my friend. Maybe I just don’t have patience for people that don’t understand the deal with Richt.

There’s only one deal with him, he runs it his way, it was understood when he signed. You know it better than anybody. He’s not going to change the structure for anybody.

Maybe somebody needs to spell it out for these idiots. I just don’t have the time right now

Im just gonna say we turned away jacob eason & shea patterson this off season... shea a bunch of us tried to chip in on but to no avail.
They either dont know what to do or hanging everything on Max Johnson which would be a similar case to Johnson Jr. Those two are light-years ahead of Rosier.

I can understand selling "You're the only QB we're after" but have a reasonable backup plan. Has there been any word on who else is on the board for 19' and 20' at QB?

Things couldn’t be better my friend. Maybe I just don’t have patience for people that don’t understand the deal with Richt.

There’s only one deal with him, he runs it his way, it was understood when he signed. You know it better than anybody. He’s not going to change the structure for anybody.

Maybe somebody needs to spell it out for these idiots. I just don’t have the time right now
Yeah. I understand that as well as anyone. People on here can be a rare breed... very opinionated super fans....

Advertisement
Back