MJJ

Advertisement
How low is your IQ? Do you really think Mark Richt wasn’t leading this recruitment? Richt Jr is just the guy who took the visits cause he is allowed to per NCAA rules. This is Mark Richt missing his #1 QB target period

Which plays into my exact point.

You should hire subordinates that are better than you in key phases so they can add value to an organization and take it to new heights. Does not matter if the medium is CFB or a Fortune 500 company.

I see none of that with Lil Richt. Just a "Yes man" only on the team due to nepotism. If there was another head coach here he would not be on the short list for any of them as QB coach. James Coley is infinitely better, should have never let him go. Ultimately at the end of the day though... you're right because it comes back to CMR. Which is even more alarming because for every hire he has gotten right, he's gotten one wrong as well and it's almost impossible to win championships like that.

trolls going full ****** this year. No amount of recruiting or troll farming or coaching or Opus Dei type penance is going to rub off the karma that school has coming. No way if I am a recruit with the ability to go anywhere no way would I pick that place and associate my last name to that.

Why do all of yall constantly choose to just insult each other. If its simply a difference of opinion than state it and move on. Both of yall have valid points. Chise id hope his point isnt simply we wasted time & money on recruiting him. Far more important is that we wasted it solely on him (assuming he doesnt come) and we didnt really go after other realistic options at the position because we were giving him first right of refusal. This has been my issue all along. On top of i can think of three other qbs id far rather we put our offer & energy into. I think its really foolish to say were willing to pass on taking a qb this year. Clearly we need another qb. Not just because its LIKELY atleast 1 of them transfers but far more accurately because we have a room full of young UNPROVEN qbs who havent established anything except the fact they take up a scholarship. The tragic part to this may be next year so far is very similar.Max isnt the #1 target & harrison bailey is nowhere near what people expect him to be.
You’re ascribing intelligent arguments to that idiot that he never made. His only point was that Rick flew to Oregon too often for his liking. Had he stated that we should have recruited more than 1 QB, then I’d have no problem with the idiot aside from him clearly being a UF troll.

Advertisement
How low is your IQ? Do you really think Mark Richt wasn’t leading this recruitment? Richt Jr is just the guy who took the visits cause he is allowed to per NCAA rules. This is Mark Richt missing his #1 QB target period
No sir. I Wish that was the case

We clearly put all of our baskets in with this guy so if we miss..oh well..regroup and get 2 QBs next year. We have Cade, Perry, and Williams going into 2019. That's 3 legit suitors for the starting job. Not like we have serious depth issues like we have at DE if we don't close strong.
I disagree. If u don’t bring a guy in then if one or two of our guys transfer out your gonna be counting on 2 true freshmen As backups and injuries could happen. If you take 1 guy this year then you have a guy that’s already been at least practicing the system for a year. That’s why I believe a qb is so important to always take in a class because that’s the position that is most prone to transfers and if your starter gets injured you gotta have a guy back there that at least knows what he’s going.

Y’all just relax. I’m not reading this entire thread but I can tell you this. MJJ has no problem with our coaching staff and our program. It’s beinf reported elsewhere and it has been for a few weeks that he just doesn’t wanna b in south Florida. It happens. This city ain’t for everyone.

Y’all just relax. I’m not reading this entire thread but I can tell you this. MJJ has no problem with our coaching staff and our program. It’s beinf reported elsewhere and it has been for a few weeks that he just doesn’t wanna b in south Florida. It happens. This city ain’t for everyone.

Kids a weirdo then. State College is the most boring place on the planet.

Advertisement
Im gonna assume that was a genuine question so ill give you a genuine answer. Everyone on here(myself included) feels we have a legit qb in either one of or both jarren & nkosi. However unless youre blind you realize its an assumption. Neither of them (or cade assuming someone wants to argue him)have taken one single meaningful snap or have proven anything on the field. So while we may hope we have a heisman contender in place as of right now our only reality is freakin malik is still here & **** be gone next year. So if we pass on a qb this year and none of our other options pans out thatll simply be one more year with the same mediocrity at qb. When u have established qbs you can pass on a class. When u dont you recruit a fresh take yearly. Simple. And as my point earlier was if you think our targets in this class are baffling just wait till you see next year. I love this staff & i dont wanna question them. But between this pattern i see developing with recruiting & the article i just read by banda im getting a lil worried. Lmao (sarcasm)
It was a genuine question. I appreciate the response. Thank you, Brooklyndee!

Im gonna assume that was a genuine question so ill give you a genuine answer. Everyone on here(myself included) feels we have a legit qb in either one of or both jarren & nkosi. However unless youre blind you realize its an assumption. Neither of them (or cade assuming someone wants to argue him)have taken one single meaningful snap or have proven anything on the field. So while we may hope we have a heisman contender in place as of right now our only reality is freakin malik is still here & **** be gone next year. So if we pass on a qb this year and none of our other options pans out thatll simply be one more year with the same mediocrity at qb. When u have established qbs you can pass on a class. When u dont you recruit a fresh take yearly. Simple. And as my point earlier was if you think our targets in this class are baffling just wait till you see next year. I love this staff & i dont wanna question them. But between this pattern i see developing with recruiting & the article i just read by banda im getting a lil worried. Lmao (sarcasm)

Dee, any chance the coaches reach out to Tai at this point? Or is he gone because of how he was treated by the coaches?

Isn't this situation very similar to how coach ended up with Grayson Lambert as his starting QB a few years back? Seems like he would/should have learned from that disaster but maybe not. Or maybe he has real confidence in one of N'Kosi or Jarren once this season ends. Seems very strange and short sighted.

No sir. I Wish that was the case

It’s really really hard for me to believe Mark Richt isn’t all over who we go after at QB. You seem to have more sources so I’ll go with what you say. If that is the case, I really have to question some of the decisions being made by the head coach on the recruiting trail.

Advertisement
Isn't this situation very similar to how coach ended up with Grayson Lambert as his starting QB a few years back? Seems like he would/should have learned from that disaster but maybe not. Or maybe he has real confidence in one of N'Kosi or Jarren once this season ends. Seems very strange and short sighted.

Wasn’t there a report on the Herald or something like that months ago about Richt not being concerned if he took a QB this year? Said he would take a transfer to fill the gap and then hit the 2020 cycle. They really must not be impressed with the options available in 2019 that they think they can actually land.

Wasn’t there a report on the Herald or something like that months ago about Richt not being concerned if he took a QB this year? Said he would take a transfer to fill the gap and then hit the 2020 cycle. They really must not be impressed with the options available in 2019 that they think they can actually land.

I agree with most that we should take a QB every cycle. It’s a necessity. I’m just not in the camp of signing a mediocre kid out of high school with limited upside just to fill a roster spot.

The 2019 QB crop is one of the worst I can remember. I agree that we should look at the transfer market for that ‘fill-in’ guy. Get a guy who can at least contribute immediately.

Many of you guys absolutely make me laugh criticizing Jon Richt. Remember this, CMR hired his son AND if you think the kid is to blame for going after one QB then you are on LSD. CMR controls recruiting and if we lose MJJ big deal. We now have 4 QB's and there is always next year. Sure it was very stupid to go after one QB but both Richt's must feel confident they have their man. If it doesn't happen please put the blame squarely on the shoulders of CMR, not his son.

Advertisement
Many of you guys absolutely make me laugh criticizing Jon Richt. Remember this, CMR hired his son AND if you think the kid is to blame for going after one QB then you are on LSD. CMR controls recruiting and if we lose MJJ big deal. We now have 4 QB's and there is always next year. Sure it was very stupid to go after one QB but both Richt's must feel confident they have their man. If it doesn't happen please put the blame squarely on the shoulders of CMR, not his son.

His son has no business being here, period. FSU hired Walt Bell to be their QB coach. He was the OC/QB Coach at Maryland for 2 seasons, before that he was the OC/QB Coach at Arkansas State for 2 seasons, before that he was the TE coach & recruiting coordinator for UNC for 2 seasons. He's 34 years old.

UF hired Brian Johnson to be their QB coach. He was the OC/QB coach for Houston last year, he was the QB coach at Miss St for 3 years before that, and was the OC/QB coach at Utah for 2 years before that. He's 31 years old.

Jon Richt is Miami's QB coach. He was a quality control coach at UGA (for his dad) in 2014. He got coffee for the coaches for a year in Buffalo working for the Bills in 2015. Then he came here. He's 28 years old.

The bottom line is, Walt Bell is a deserving hire at FSU. Is he absolutely, positively a better coach than Jon Richt? Maybe, maybe not but the fact of the matter is he's a qualified candidate with a pedigree of success and an ascension through the coaching ranks until he got the job he has currently. The exact same can be said about Brian Johnson at UF. Is he the next Vince Lombardi? It remains to be seen. But he's qualified for the job he has and deserves to have it.

Jon Richt is not qualified to have the job he holds. At all, in any universe. He is only the QB coach at Miami because of who his dad is. That is literally the only reason. The. Only. One. If Mario Cristobal was the HC at Miami, do you think Jon Richt would be his QB coach? Noooooope. My point simply is, I don't think little Richt is some cancer who is destroying the program from within. I don't think he's the missing piece of the puzzle that will prevent the team from winning a championship. He's a cog in a wheel. But when you don't deserve the job you have and then you don't perform at the level expected of you, you can bet your *** you're going to get a world of **** and you're going to deserve every drop of it.

No backup plan I'm assuming? Seems to always be the theme with this staff. Fixated on 1 or 2 prospects and ignores the other as talented prospects who have also showed interest. Maybe even more interest then the one being recruited the hardest. I'm willing to bet most people were able to pick up MJJ not coming expect the staff.

I'm ready to hear: "The Staff is fine with what they have at QB so they'll stop recruiting." That seems to always be the response after strike outs.

... I don't think little Richt is some cancer who is destroying the program from within. I don't think he's the missing piece of the puzzle that will prevent the team from winning a championship. ....you're going to get a world of **** and you're going to deserve every drop of it.

...and you’re the spiteful envious little ***** that’s going to write a 300 word screed about it when, as you say, it’s basically unimportant (your words).

Love for you to say this to either Richt to their faces if you feel so strongly about it.

I disagree. If u don’t bring a guy in then if one or two of our guys transfer out your gonna be counting on 2 true freshmen As backups and injuries could happen. If you take 1 guy this year then you have a guy that’s already been at least practicing the system for a year. That’s why I believe a qb is so important to always take in a class because that’s the position that is most prone to transfers and if your starter gets injured you gotta have a guy back there that at least knows what he’s going.

Maybe. But guess what..at this point its too late because all of the top flight Qbs are off the board if we miss on MJJ. So the staff must have thought what most posters are saying..that this was a horrible QB class and no use in wasting a scholie on a backup plan QB who wouldn't make it here anyway.

I think Richt even said it himself when he first got here. That hes not going to bring in a kid just for depth purposes if he isn't UM material. Not fair to the kid or to UM. And I agree with that 110%. IF MJJ was the only QB in this class they liked, and they don't get him, then move on and get ready for 2020. Gone are the days of bringing in "Danny Steagall" just to make sure the QB room is at full capacity.

Advertisement
Back