MJJ

He’s my least favorite coach, I don’t think he’s good developing or teaching QBs, he’s related to head coac which gets tricky if he’s not performing. Had an Amazing opportunity to get Dorsey

It's really a travesty we didn't get Dorsey. Just put little Richt on the support staff and be done with it. He's not ready to be a full time coach.

Advertisement
Free trip to Miami to party? I hope you are right but I think you are reading too much into the visit.

Bogle/Stevenson are at least Miami leans at worst, MJJ no longer seems to be

He has nothing else to prove, no reason to come and it’s not a free trip. Don’t want me to look much into a cross country trip while dudes make a big deal about a local kid visiting campus all the time?All of the sudden can’t make to campus to meet pro bowlers and hall of famers so he can go see a locker room? Looks like he’s going to Uga to pick his out.

It's embarrassing as **** to miss on this kid. Period. You can't force kids to do things, but they put a ton of time and resources into getting him. Penn State did not. Will we shutter the program if he doesn't sign here? Gonna go with no. Is it embarrassing and potentially indicative of the capability of our recruiters? Yes and probably.

This. Post of the thread

Why do all of yall constantly choose to just insult each other. If its simply a difference of opinion than state it and move on. Both of yall have valid points. Chise id hope his point isnt simply we wasted time & money on recruiting him. Far more important is that we wasted it solely on him (assuming he doesnt come) and we didnt really go after other realistic options at the position because we were giving him first right of refusal. This has been my issue all along. On top of i can think of three other qbs id far rather we put our offer & energy into. I think its really foolish to say were willing to pass on taking a qb this year. Clearly we need another qb. Not just because its LIKELY atleast 1 of them transfers but far more accurately because we have a room full of young UNPROVEN qbs who havent established anything except the fact they take up a scholarship. The tragic part to this may be next year so far is very similar.Max isnt the #1 target & harrison bailey is nowhere near what people expect him to be.

Baldwin at IMG should be the target.

Or, take a flyer on one of S. Fl. Qbs.

But yeah, this is a stunning and embarrassing L, but I think it was clear this kid wasn't coming the longer his recruitment carried on. It's almost like he was looking for a reason NOT to come here.

Advertisement
Ok. Now let’s push on your theory a bit, because if you are trying to tell me that that kid fits in better at Penn St than at The U and more importantly if you are trying to tell me that this kid has a better shot of making the League at Penn St, then I don’t have **** more to say to you, bruh.

All your I’m The Man, I Beat Out Anybody rhetoric is for a Gatorade commercial. Kids want to see the field. Or, they want to front run and grab a nice bag.
That sounds great, but recent highly recruited QBS prove your "theory" dead wrong man, sorry

We can take 2 QBs every year though, and you **** sure should take at least one every year

If for some reason one of our QB's transferred we'd be better off recruiting a grad transfer to fill the gap rather than rely on freshmen MJJR. He's got a ton of potential but nearly everyone would agree he's at least 2 years from fighting for a backup job. The 2020 kids we're targeting would be more game ready than a sophmore MJJR imo.

Again, it's down year for QB's.

Advertisement
Why do all of yall constantly choose to just insult each other. If its simply a difference of opinion than state it and move on. Both of yall have valid points. Chise id hope his point isnt simply we wasted time & money on recruiting him. Far more important is that we wasted it solely on him (assuming he doesnt come) and we didnt really go after other realistic options at the position because we were giving him first right of refusal. This has been my issue all along. On top of i can think of three other qbs id far rather we put our offer & energy into. I think its really foolish to say were willing to pass on taking a qb this year. Clearly we need another qb. Not just because its LIKELY atleast 1 of them transfers but far more accurately because we have a room full of young UNPROVEN qbs who havent established anything except the fact they take up a scholarship. The tragic part to this may be next year so far is very similar.Max isnt the #1 target & harrison bailey is nowhere near what people expect him to be.
Every college in America has a room full of unproven QBs. It's up to the coaches to either recruit better QB's or develop them better. A lot of this, or all of it, falls on CMR and Jon Richt. No excuse to not have Cade or Perry ready to go by year 2 in today's college game.

It wasn't stupid to fly to Oregon 5 weeks in a row. However, it was stupid to target 1 quarterback.
It's not stupid to target 1 qb if you're not high on other qbs. One thing we can say is they're not dumb especially Richt and if he thinks this is a weak qb class ill role with it unless we see in the future he was wrong

That sounds great, but recent highly recruited QBS prove your "theory" dead wrong man, sorry

LOL! You are all over the place, Gooner.

The only thing any logical person can be upset about is the fact that Lil Richt went too myopic focusing all efforts on MJJ.

Who gives a **** how many flights he made to see him. He should have been flying to see other QB recruits while he was at it.

But carry on with your agenda, please.

Advertisement
Personally, I think it's a few things:

1. He has never been comfortable on his fit in our locker room.
2. He is more comfortable or prefers the kind of campus environment of the bigger school - much like what he is accustomed to.
3. Too many arms in the rotation.

I also think our staff suspected some of this - that could be why they had a few different kids involved with him over the two visits.

Everyone ain’t meant to be a cane, you either have it or you don’t. This is my opinion as well

LOL! You are all over the place, Gooner.

The only thing any logical person can be upset about is the fact that Lil Richt went too myopic focusing all efforts on MJJ.

Who gives a **** how many flights he made to see him. He should have been flying to see other QB recruits while he was at it.

But carry on with your agenda, please.
Welp, I tried, completely missed the point my man. Oh well.....

My question about Baby Richt is did he recruit anyone else at any other position?

Advertisement
Every college in America has a room full of unproven QBs. It's up to the coaches to either recruit better QB's or develop them better. A lot of this, or all of it, falls on CMR and Jon Richt. No excuse to not have Cade or Perry ready to go by year 2 in today's college game.
Thats not at all my point. Obviously thats on staff. My point is simply the only reason you skip on taking a kid in a class is if you have talent in place that you trust enough in & wanna create seperation between kids. We dont have that luxury. We have opinions but zero proof that any of our kids is the man at qb. Thats why you bring in a fresh take. The teams that have nothing but unproven talent are simply not ready to be elite. We wanna be elite we need to have a established starter & talent thats preparing to take his place. Nothing new here.

My question about Baby Richt is did he recruit anyone else at any other position?
Doesn’t seem like it, a lot of other staffs have position coaches recruit players all the time that aren’t at their position ala coley with uga but for the most part our position coaches mainly recruit their position from the looks of it

Advertisement
Back