MJJ

#recruiting!! Let the season play out, we landed a UofKentucky commit in like December and know everyone wants him to start! And that’s okay Perry whom most on this board had his flight to NYC scheduled. It’s recruiting let it play out. This staff will have us right
I
Im just gonna say we turned away jacob eason & shea patterson this off season... shea a bunch of us tried to chip in on but to no avail.
Let's be fair Eason was one of Richts guys he just wanted to be home and Shea sure he'd be tbe best here but Richt and everybody else here believed in Perry big time and he still may be a star so it isnt like they jusy passed to have a starter that they never trusted

Advertisement
I agree in needing to stack players at QB, but to say elite programs take blue chip QB's every year is false. Bama took Philip Ely from Tampa in '11 and Alec Morris from TX in '12 and both were 3 stars. Is it a miss if MJJ doesn't come? no doubt he was the #1 and only guy on their board at the position. But it will be early August when we find out for sure so if we need to shuffle and find someone we at least have some time.

What about 2012-2018 for every other top program? This is the mindset I’m talking about. So let’s say Jarren starts come next year or Malik still the QB. Kosi transfers. Malik graduates, Jarren is the starter. Who is Jarrens backup? Some 3 star from Tampa? I understand where you are coming from, however when is the last time Miami had an elite QB? Dorsey. Two decades ago. You can’t afford to miss on blue chip QB’s especially when it’s the position we have the most questions about.

I agree in needing to stack players at QB, but to say elite programs take blue chip QB's every year is false. Bama took Philip Ely from Tampa in '11 and Alec Morris from TX in '12 and both were 3 stars. Is it a miss if MJJ doesn't come? no doubt he was the #1 and only guy on their board at the position. But it will be early August when we find out for sure so if we need to shuffle and find someone we at least have some time.
They also got the #1 QB in the nation in 2010, then still signed one in 2011 and 12 and then 2 in 2013. They never passed on the position completely

Advertisement
Think he means before he signed and during his recruitment
Nah. He tried to transfer here after his freshman year cause he doesnt get along with that lil fat *** qb coach they have. His family had a serious issue over how the staff treats players & lies to them.

Nah. He tried to transfer here after his freshman year cause he doesnt get along with that lil fat *** qb coach they have. His family had a serious issue over how the staff treats players & lies to them.
They're talking about during the last month of his recruitment when he visited and still went to UGA. Once he signed everybody knew he wasn't going to be let out to come here

Advertisement
What about 2012-2018 for every other top program? This is the mindset I’m talking about. So let’s say Jarren starts come next year or Malik still the QB. Kosi transfers. Malik graduates, Jarren is the starter. Who is Jarrens backup? Some 3 star from Tampa? I understand where you are coming from, however when is the last time Miami had an elite QB? Dorsey. Two decades ago. You can’t afford to miss on blue chip QB’s especially when it’s the position we have the most questions about.

Agree, QB is a huge question mark and we need to be going after top talent. And as far as Elite QB on the field, you are correct. Elite recruits? we have had a few that just didn't live up to expectations for whatever reason.

And ok from 2012-2018 top programs, in 2012 #3 Ohio State only took 3 star, 2013 #1 FSU took only 3star, #2 Auburn took two 3 stars, #3 Mich State took a 3-star, 2014 #4 Ohio State took a 3 star, 2015 #2 Clemson took a 3 star, #3 Stanford took no QB, 2016 #3 USC took a 3 star, #4 Washington took a 3 star so there are def down years, this might be a year we take a lower ranked kid from So. FL.

They also got the #1 QB in the nation in 2010, then still signed one in 2011 and 12 and then 2 in 2013. They never passed on the position completely

See my previous post... I think it is a little premature to say we will pass completely on the position in July, but some teams have done it. Wasn't it Clemson in '13 passed on a QB and '14 signed Watson?

Agree, QB is a huge question mark and we need to be going after top talent. And as far as Elite QB on the field, you are correct. Elite recruits? we have had a few that just didn't live up to expectations for whatever reason.

And ok from 2012-2018 top programs, in 2012 #3 Ohio State only took 3 star, 2013 #1 FSU took only 3star, #2 Auburn took two 3 stars, #3 Mich State took a 3-star, 2014 #4 Ohio State took a 3 star, 2015 #2 Clemson took a 3 star, #3 Stanford took no QB, 2016 #3 USC took a 3 star, #4 Washington took a 3 star so there are def down years, this might be a year we take a lower ranked kid from So. FL.

I understand there are down years, every school has them for every position. This was just a whiff and frankly there are too many question marks to miss on blue chip QB’s especially with MJJ being the only QB we have heard of being on the board this entire cycle thus far.

However, point taken.

Advertisement
See my previous post... I think it is a little premature to say we will pass completely on the position in July, but some teams have done it. Wasn't it Clemson in '13 passed on a QB and '14 signed Watson?
They did, but they had 4 QBs on that roster, and a proven starter in Tahj Boyd. It was still a big mistake for them to pass on one that year as they had to start Cole Stoudt in 2014, and he wasn't worth a sh-t.

lol Dee must be Jesus Christ cause yall really believe every single little thing he says
Haha. Im curious why we gotta go there. You realize some of that stuff pete & ivins told yall last year months after i said it right. Are they my apostles? I dont even say **** on here any more. If you mean about eason & shea thats common knowledge to alot of people. Just ask them my son. Go with god.
Fyi. For you & all others id rather be left the **** alone to enjoy my nephews collegiate experience & root for my team. Im just not as much of an ******* as alot of people on here. If im asked a question i respond rather than simply ignore it.

Last edited:
Haha. Im curious why we gotta go there. You realize some of that stuff pete & ivins told yall last year months after i said it right. Are they my apostles? I dont even say **** on here any more. If you mean about eason & shea thats common knowledge to alot of people. Just ask them my son. Go with god.
Fyi. For you & all others id rather be left the **** alone to enjoy my nephews collegiate experience & root for my team. Im just not as much of an ******* as alot of people on here. If im asked a question i respond rather than simply ignore it.

I'll ask a Q...

How that visitors list looking for Paradise? We going to be lit in Gables?

Advertisement

What youre missing in **** near every one of these instances is the teams that passed on a qb,they passed because they had the luxury of doing so. They had an established player they knew what they were getting out of.

Last edited:

I believe it. Why bring on a 5th QB? Patterson wasn’t a guarantee to play right away and Eason already turned Richt down. I’m good with the 4 we have.

I believe it. Why bring on a 5th QB? Patterson wasn’t a guarantee to play right away and Eason already turned Richt down. I’m good with the 4 we have.
Agreed. That was the logic in it and at the end of the day everyone agreed with that. If we wouldve known shea was gonna be cleared id like to imagine we take him.

What youre missing in **** near every one of these instances is the teams that passed on a qb,they passed because they had the luxury of doing so. They had an established player they knew what they were getting out of alalpine

See you know how to argue, **** near is not every so for that point you are correct. Some of the teams listed had an established starter yes, but for the sake of argument, FSU has a freshman Winston in 13, Auburn had 3 star sophomore Nick Marshall, Mich State had no one really (aside from a soph. Connor Cook), Stanford had nobody, so about half of the teams mentioned did not have "established" QBs.

Advertisement
Back