Miramar beats Aquinas 22-20

The funny thing is...

We don't judge high school teams the same way we judge our own Miami Hurricanes. (or college football in general) LOL

If there's nobody open and Morris has a sub-par day then we either blame it on our OC or we blame it on our WR's not getting off. Nobody says that Morris is a JAG.

When Shannon's defenses were top-10 in the country we always talk about how vanilla the scheme was and that the defense was loaded with future NFL players. Nobody ever gave credit to Shannon for being a good coach and fielding top defenses. (cause Miami was loaded) The opinions were always the same, our schemes are vanilla and we're only good cause of talent.

But now we look at high school football totally different? LOL please.

It's no coincidence that the most successful teams in South Florida are the ones who stockpile the most talent. Miramar, STA, U-School, Central, Booker-T, American Heritage, Cypress Bay, etc etc etc. Are you telling me that this means those are also the best coaching staffs? All these teams are recruiting juggernauts and not a single one of these schools has been able to win when they've been void of talent across the board.

Advertisement
I'd bet a significant sum that Corey Holmes and Devante Peete both do a **** of a lot more at the college level than Freebeck.

Based on what? They can't get off Miramar's DB's.

Nobody on STA was getting open last night.

That's why I don't understand how you can say Freebeck is a JAG. Did you see him miss any throws that he should've made? Did he miss wide open WR's? Can you actually point to anything specifically that made him look ordinary? No, you can't, cause you don't know what to look for and how to evaluate a player.

Last edited:
The funny thing is...

We don't judge high school teams the same way we judge our own Miami Hurricanes. (or college football in general) LOL

If there's nobody open and Morris has a sub-par day then we either blame it on our OC or we blame it on our WR's not getting off. Nobody says that Morris is a JAG.

When Shannon's defenses were top-10 in the country we always talk about how vanilla the scheme was and that the defense was loaded with future NFL players. Nobody ever gave credit to Shannon for being a good coach and fielding top defenses. (cause Miami was loaded) The opinions were always the same, our schemes are vanilla and we're only good cause of talent.

It's no coincidence that the most successful teams in South Florida are the ones who stockpile the most talent. Miramar, STA, U-School, Central, Booker-T, American Heritage, Cypress Bay, etc etc etc. Are you telling me that this means those are also the best coaching staffs? All these teams are recruiting juggernauts and not a single one of these schools has been able to win when they've been void of talent across the board.

But should St. Thomas be running a complicated scheme? They have the front four to get to the quarterback, good corners and safeties with range. Their offense has balance and talent at every position. They're doing what their supposed to do.

The difference between STA and Randy Shannon is that STA has a track record of consistency. Some of it is pure recruiting, but a lot of it is talented players wanting to be part of a consistent, winning program that develops players for the next level.

I'd bet a significant sum that Corey Holmes and Devante Peete both do a **** of a lot more at the college level than Freebeck.

That's why I don't understand how you can say Freebeck is a JAG. Did you see him miss any throws that he should've made? Did he miss wide open WR's? Can you actually point to anything specifically that made him look ordinary? No, you can't, cause you don't know what to look for and how to evaluate a player.

I've seen Freebeck three times this year. His arm is average for a college quarterback, he's been poor under pressure, and he's an average athlete at best. I haven't seen anything to show me that he will be anything more than a middling player in college.

As for knowing "what to look for," I'm not a coach. The coaches know more than anyone because they live this. But this board has called plenty of players that the guys "who know what to look for" overlooked. The coaches felt Skai Moore wasn't worth a scholarship, when every amateur who watched him at U-School knew he was a player. LSU thought Bridgewater was a receiver when myself and others were screaming that he was the best passing quarterback in the country.

Nobody has a monopoly on the truth. I think Holmes and Peete are more talented and much better prospects than Freebeck. I base this on seeing them play several times. The good thing about the search function is there is accountability when someone is dead-*** wrong. We'll see who is right.

The funny thing is...

But should St. Thomas be running a complicated scheme? They have the front four to get to the quarterback, good corners and safeties with range. Their offense has balance and talent at every position. They're doing what their supposed to do.

The difference between STA and Randy Shannon is that STA has a track record of consistency. Some of it is pure recruiting, but a lot of it is talented players wanting to be part of a consistent, winning program that develops players for the next level.

It doesn't have to be a "complicated" scheme, but show some **** creativity. As we saw last night, you can't live off talent alone. There comes a time where the other team is as talented as you are and you have to become creative. STA rarely faces team with equal talent but last night they did, and they lost, AGAIN. And the worst part is, Miramar is not a hard staff to coach/scheme against. If you have even half the talent of Miramar, you can beat them if you scheme properly. They're easy to figure out on both sides of the ball.

And who is STA's front four? They run a 3-4 on defense. Who's this 4th guy you speak of? And who's getting to the QB. I have never seen STA get to the QB on a consistent basis. Their guys never rack up high sack numbers.

Advertisement
The funny thing is...

It doesn't have to be a "complicated" scheme, but show some **** creativity. As we saw last night, you can't live off talent alone. There comes a time where the other team is as talented as you are and you have to become creative. STA rarely faces team with equal talent but last night they did, and they lost, AGAIN. And the worst part is, Miramar is not a hard staff to coach/scheme against. If you have even half the talent of Miramar, you can beat them if you scheme properly. They're easy to figure out on both sides of the ball.

And who is STA's front four? They run a 3-4 on defense. Who's this 4th guy you speak of? And who's getting to the QB. I have never seen STA get to the QB on a consistent basis. Their guys never rack up high sack numbers.

You're right, wasn't thinking when I typed that. Was actually just prepping a post in another thread on how Moten was playing the Pierre role.

They got a lot of pressure against Curtis and MNW. Last night Miramar was hurting them with the quick game.

Last edited:

I've seen Freebeck three times this year. His arm is average for a college quarterback, he's been poor under pressure, and he's an average athlete at best. I haven't seen anything to show me that he will be anything more than a middling player in college.

As for knowing "what to look for," I'm not a coach. The coaches know more than anyone because they live this. But this board has called plenty of players that the guys "who know what to look for" overlooked. The coaches felt Skai Moore wasn't worth a scholarship, when every amateur who watched him at U-School knew he was a player. LSU thought Bridgewater was a receiver when myself and others were screaming that he was the best passing quarterback in the country.

Nobody has a monopoly on the truth. I think Holmes and Peete are more talented and much better prospects than Freebeck. I base this on seeing them play several times. The good thing about the search function is there is accountability when someone is dead-*** wrong. We'll see who is right.

First off, just so you know, you're not just disagreeing with me here, you're disagreeing with college coaches who offered Freebeck.

Average arm? Dude, SMH. I don't even know what to say about that. That's just...SMH...I don't even know. LOL *shrugs* The kid throws darts. And as far as distance, he can throw around 60 yards consistently.

Funniest thing about your assessment is that you just posted a video of Kaaya looking extra ordinary, praise him, and then come in here and say what you say about Freebeck.

Honestly, show me a "top QB" who's doing anything more or less than Freebeck is. Show me a "better" QB in South Florida and I'll show you a better offense and/or better WR corp.

The funny thing is...

You're right, wasn't thinking when I typed that. Was actually just prepping a post in another thread on how Moten was playing the Pierre role.

They got a lot of pressure against Curtis and MNW. Last night Miramar was hurting them with the quick game.

I'm asking you who the 4th rusher is because I wanna see if you know. Since you, and everybody else on here, consider DMoney an "evaluator" then surely you should know who STA's 4th rusher usually is. How can I respect your opinion that STA creates pressure if you can't even tell me HOW they do it?

The funny thing is...

I'm asking you who the 4th rusher is because I wanna see if you know. Since you, and everybody else on here, consider DMoney an "evaluator" then surely you should know who STA's 4th rusher usually is. How can I respect your opinion that STA creates pressure if you can't even tell me HOW they do it?

Hart rushes quite a bit, Moten and Bosa also generate sacks from the end spot.

Advertisement
Since you, and everybody else on here, consider DMoney an "evaluator" then surely you should know who STA's 4th rusher usually is.

Don't make **** up. Have you not read any Cook/Yearby threads?

This is the main question I want answered. And I'll wait.

I want specifics of why Freebeck is ordinary, not general cliche statements about arm strength. That type of **** just makes you sound like one of these local slapd!ck sports writers.

Since you, and everybody else on here, consider DMoney an "evaluator" then surely you should know who STA's 4th rusher usually is.

Don't make **** up. Have you not read any Cook/Yearby threads?

Not really. Sorry. *shrugs*

You didn't miss anything LOL.

D isn't an evaluator, he just happens to be one of the few posters here willing to stick his neck out and drum up conversation.

Advertisement

I want specifics of why Freebeck is ordinary, not general cliche statements about arm strength. That type of **** just makes you sound like one of these local slapd!ck sports writers.

I never said he missed wide-open guys last night. He made the easy throws. On the longer-developing plays, he struggled with pressure. He's not an athlete and he doesn't maneuver well in the pocket. This is consistent with what I saw in the first two games. I haven't seen exceptional throws in three games even though he is playing with two high-D1 receivers that can keep up with him. We saw that with Rudock and Greene/Dorsett.

Send me your HUDL password and I'll start pointing to specific throws.

I never said he missed wide-open guys last night. He made the easy throws. On the longer-developing plays, he struggled with pressure. He's not an athlete and he doesn't maneuver well in the pocket. This is consistent with what I saw in the first two games. I haven't seen exceptional throws in three games even though he is playing with two high-D1 receivers that can keep up with him. We saw that with Rudock and Greene/Dorsett.

Send me your HUDL password and I'll start pointing to specific throws.

If you haven't seen any exceptional throws then we have nothing more to talk about. He threw a ridiculous ball down the seam last night that split Miramar's defense. Matter of fact, there's plenty of exceptional throws on his Junior tape.

What does playing with two D1 WR's have to do with making exceptional throws? The exceptional throws are needed when you're NOT playing with D1 WR's, which is what you see Freebeck's Junior film.

Did Freebeck hit the open guys last night?
Did he miss any open throws?
Would any of his incompletions been COMPLETIONS with better QB play?

You refer to STA's WR's as high D1 caliber but last night they struggled to get separation. If Freebeck can't complete balls against man coverage that's not on him, that's on the WR's and/or play-call.

This game just goes to show you how great the talent in South Florida is. STA destroyed a national powerhouse last week, but has trouble beating a local team.

St Thomas recruits... Miramar is a local talent. That's why I love when STA loses... Also they scheduled Northwestern knowing they were gonna have a down year, but back in 08' I remember they wanted no part of NW.

Id love to see them play Central or BTW. There known for dodging those teams...

You sure Miramar is a "local talent" and they don't also recruit?

They may get players here and there but it isn't to the level that Aquinas does. I don't think its right but a lot of those kids on Miramar's team live in Miramar

Advertisement
This game just goes to show you how great the talent in South Florida is. STA destroyed a national powerhouse last week, but has trouble beating a local team.

St Thomas recruits... Miramar is a local talent. That's why I love when STA loses... Also they scheduled Northwestern knowing they were gonna have a down year, but back in 08' I remember they wanted no part of NW.

Id love to see them play Central or BTW. There known for dodging those teams...

You sure Miramar is a "local talent" and they don't also recruit?

They may get players here and there but it isn't to the level that Aquinas does. I don't think its right but a lot of those kids on Miramar's team live in Miramar

You're right it isn't on the level of STA but they still go after optimist kids that might be districted for carol city or Everglades. STA gets a lot of talent but one thing they do a good job of is developing the players they've had from the jump. #42 Jake Stewart is a good example. Also other kids that might not have been recruited to a private school but are good football players will choose (if they have the option) to attend Heritage & STA over their districted school because of their football succes and ability to get kids to the next level.

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread contains high levels of hilarity. ESPECIALLY the point where guys said Miramar doesn't have good coaching.

But, I'm chillin'. Feel free to continue sharing your opinions, which you're entitled to.

First off, just so you know, you're not just disagreeing with me here, you're disagreeing with college coaches who offered Freebeck.

Average arm? Dude, SMH. I don't even know what to say about that. That's just...SMH...I don't even know. LOL *shrugs* The kid throws darts. And as far as distance, he can throw around 60 yards consistently.

Funniest thing about your assessment is that you just posted a video of Kaaya looking extra ordinary, praise him, and then come in here and say what you say about Freebeck.

Honestly, show me a "top QB" who's doing anything more or less than Freebeck is. Show me a "better" QB in South Florida and I'll show you a better offense and/or better WR corp.

I just can't believe you are ripping his WR corp when they have better offers then Freebeck. These are the same college coaches you are using as an example against D$

This thread contains high levels of hilarity. ESPECIALLY the point where guys said Miramar doesn't have good coaching.

But, I'm chillin'. Feel free to continue sharing your opinions, which you're entitled to.

You're hardly an impartial observer on the matter.

Advertisement
Back