Miramar beats Aquinas 22-20

Wildcat just seems like that high school coach who is bitter that other people don't think he's as good as he thinks he is, and takes it out on everybody else.

The man just seems to be butthurt about something 24/7. **** gets old after a while.

Advertisement
Wildcat just seems like that high school coach who is bitter that other people don't think he's as good as he thinks he is, and takes it out on everybody else.

The man just seems to be butthurt about something 24/7. **** gets old after a while.

I don't mind Wildcat, he's right a lot of the time.

I agree he's right more than he's wrong...I just don't like his overall attitude/demeanor.

Wildcat brings a lot to this board. He is one of the best football guys on the board. Like anyone else he backs his guys a lot, sometime probably a little too much (although I agree with almost everything he says about Feliciano, beast).

That said, he's one of the best 10 posters on this board.

* Freebeck is AVG in every way....i dont knw why my boy is CAPING for him so hard......calling Holmes,Peete JAGS??....Really...lol...dude is avg...never been impressed.

*QUOTE]

Gogeta4, not sure what your football background is but when you continue to call Freebeck average you only show you don't have any talent at seeing talent or evaluating and it dilutes your opinions that may be good and just makes you look foolish.
Will Muschamp, Brent Peace (OC for Florida), Paul Chryst (HC PITT), Brooke Bollinge (QB coach PITT) along with numerous other college Coaches who's livelihood and career depend on their talent evaluating abilities find Freebeck enough above average to stake a scholarship on that evaluation. These are well respected talent evaluators so unless you are Nick Saban or a college coach in disguise here, your evaluaton/opinion is way off. How you can sit there and say he is average when Florida and PITT have offered him scholarships is just plain stupid. dont you realize how stupid your opinion is next to these professional college coaches. Who do you think this board thinks knows more? You or them? That is a rhetorical question. You know more about QB talent than Muschamp and ex NFL QB?
And to keep saying it just because you want to argue with Wildcat. When 2 major D1 schools says the kid is good, you should listen you may learn something.

Advertisement
lol I love the well UF offered him a scholarship, so he is a good qb argument. I don't think anyone can take UF's qb evaluations seriously after watching the qb play up in Turdsville lately.

Pffft. LOL

Why don't you go ask anybody at Western what they think about my coaching ability, especially now that I'm not there running the defense anymore. I don't need to boost myself up, what I've done with kids who can barely chew bubble-gum and run at the same time validates my coaching ability.

I don't know who these "other people" are that you speak of but anybody without bias knows how well coached we were at WHS, especially on defense.

There's nothing to be butthurt about.

I agree he's right more than he's wrong...I just don't like his overall attitude/demeanor.

It's a ******' message board dude. SMH

Yo Wildcat, you know the poster Cityboylife or something like that who posts on Grassy? He says he coaches at Western too..Or are you him? You and him post alike..Not a shot just sayin..

Anyway, Im not on the bandwagon of people who say an athlete is an athlete, coaching be damned. Yes, every so often there are freaks who come along where it doesnt matter what school they go to or what coaching they have..They will be monsters. Case in point, Patrick Peterson playing at Ely when they were dreadful. You need good coaching. You guys know the old saying, "The best athletes are skipping school playing at the park". Coaching is very important in HS.

I didnt see the game but Miramar always gives STA fits. Have no clue why. And Miramar is no CEN or BTW this year either.

Advertisement
* Freebeck is AVG in every way....i dont knw why my boy is CAPING for him so hard......calling Holmes,Peete JAGS??....Really...lol...dude is avg...never been impressed.

*QUOTE]

Gogeta4, not sure what your football background is but when you continue to call Freebeck average you only show you don't have any talent at seeing talent or evaluating and it dilutes your opinions that may be good and just makes you look foolish.
Will Muschamp, Brent Peace (OC for Florida), Paul Chryst (HC PITT), Brooke Bollinge (QB coach PITT) along with numerous other college Coaches who's livelihood and career depend on their talent evaluating abilities find Freebeck enough above average to stake a scholarship on that evaluation. These are well respected talent evaluators so unless you are Nick Saban or a college coach in disguise here, your evaluaton/opinion is way off. How you can sit there and say he is average when Florida and PITT have offered him scholarships is just plain stupid. dont you realize how stupid your opinion is next to these professional college coaches. Who do you think this board thinks knows more? You or them? That is a rhetorical question. You know more about QB talent than Muschamp and ex NFL QB?
And to keep saying it just because you want to argue with Wildcat. When 2 major D1 schools says the kid is good, you should listen you may learn something.

That argument isn't valid due to the fact that other evaluators such as Jedd Fisch, Jimbo Fisher, and more saw him and didn't offer him a scholarship. There's been plenty of qbs with d1 offers that are average. I'm not picking a stance of Freebeck, just pointing out a double standard. Obviously a kid won't have offers from every schoolin the nation, but to say Brent peace & Paul chryst are infallible is invalid.

lol I love the well UF offered him a scholarship, so he is a good qb argument. I don't think anyone can take UF's qb evaluations seriously after watching the qb play up in Turdsville lately.

Good point on the UF QBs. But if UF and PITT and other college coaches think the kid I a Div 1, SEC (UF) or ACC (PITT), and several other college coaches think the kid is talented enough to play ball in those divisions, I take it they know more than gogeta4 about evaluating talent. Especially at QB position. different animal than any on the field. Maybe Wildcat knows what he is talking about. At least it is collaborated by some of the top college coaches in the country. And gogeta4? His evaluation skills say the exact opposite of professional evaluaters. So, he has no idea what he is talking about. When SEC and ACC coaches come watch the QB, go over all his film, and then offer him one of their limited scholarships, goeta4 should pay attention. Maybe he will learn something and not keep looking so foolish

That argument isn't valid due to the fact that other evaluators such as Jedd Fisch, Jimbo Fisher, and more saw him and didn't offer him a scholarship. There's been plenty of qbs with d1 offers that are average. I'm not picking a stance of Freebeck, just pointing out a double standard. Obviously a kid won't have offers from every schoolin the nation, but to say Brent peace & Paul chryst are infallible is invalid.

They are only 2 of the coaches that offered. If only one coach liked him and offered, I would agree. But again, to say that SEC and ACC coaches of which they are only 2 of the offers he had tells me he is better than average. Sorry but until you or gogeta4 can show me your credentials are better than numerous professional evaluators I take their evaluations. It is kinda funny how you would say you know more than professionals who make a living and careers live and die by this that you know more SMH. Believe me, they watched way more film than you would ever have at your disposal of these kids before they offered him $300K worth of their schools money. Scholarship money that is.

Good point on the UF QBs. But if UF and PITT and other college coaches think the kid I a Div 1, SEC (UF) or ACC (PITT), and several other college coaches think the kid is talented enough to play ball in those divisions, I take it they know more than gogeta4 about evaluating talent. Especially at QB position. different animal than any on the field. Maybe Wildcat knows what he is talking about. At least it is collaborated by some of the top college coaches in the country. And gogeta4? His evaluation skills say the exact opposite of professional evaluaters. So, he has no idea what he is talking about. When SEC and ACC coaches come watch the QB, go over all his film, and then offer him one of their limited scholarships, goeta4 should pay attention. Maybe he will learn something and not keep looking so foolish

smh, like Glory said other colleges saw him and didn't think he was worth of an offer therefore they saw what gogeta saw apparently. An offer or lack of an offer doesn't make either side right or wrong that's why constantly throwing out UF offered him is silly as justification of one side is silly. Kirby Freeman was given an offer to the University of Miami back before the majority of people knew the program was headed for the crappy and was in the elite 11. Should we argue that Kirby was a a good QB because of those things.

Advertisement

smh, like Glory said other colleges saw him and didn't think he was worth of an offer therefore they saw what gogeta saw apparently. An offer or lack of an offer doesn't make either side right or wrong that's why constantly throwing out UF offered him is silly as justification of one side is silly. Kirby Freeman was given an offer to the University of Miami back before the majority of people knew the program was headed for the crappy and was in the elite 11. Should we argue that Kirby was a a good QB because of those things.

Guys, every offense has its QB needs. Some want a dual threat. Some want pocket. Each QB does not fit each system. Some schools have a committed QB for that season from a season ago. But when big time schools think kid can play for them you should take notice. Now I am not comparing Freebeck to Sean White, but to use your logic, since there were schools that looked at this kid and didn't offer White is average. Your arguments that not every coach offered kid who looked at him is just plain ridiculous. White went to every big college camp, Notre Dame, UM, FSU, USC and not offered him and he is pretty **** good.

You guys have no idea how college coaches determine scholarship and position needs. Neither do I. A school may have 6 QBs on scholarship so not need to offer every QB they think is good who they see for that year. They may pick one that year and offer 6 offensive lineman. To say every school in country that looked at his tape didn't offer him so he is average is ridiculous for any postion.
The logic here is just mind numbing.

no one is arguing about his offers or lack of offers, it's Freeback defenders that keep throwing out the UF offer as if it validates his talent in some way. Like I said UF isn't a school to trot around as some type of qb guru's right now. It's not like you're talking about a DB offer from Bama.

Advertisement
no one is arguing about his offers or lack of offers, it's Freeback defenders that keep throwing out the UF offer as if it validates his talent in some way. Like I said UF isn't a school to trot around as some type of qb guru's right now. It's not like you're talking about a DB offer from Bama.

Not taking a stance on the Freebeck situation because I've seen nothing of him, but a QB offer from UF is absolutely something impressive. I know driskell sucks, but he was the number 1 Qb in the country. Every school would have taken him. Tebow was a great (***) college player, just down the line, they have a tremendous college QB history. Obviously none of those guys were good pros, but UF offering you at quarterback says something to anybody not wearing orange and green glasses. Not to say they don't get it wrong sometimes, or that they are or arent wrong about Freebeck, just sayin..... UF traditionally is a good QB school.

FWIW, if he wanted to commit to UF today he couldn't. And there is no way they wouldn't have taken him over Grier, IMO

Not taking a stance on the Freebeck situation because I've seen nothing of him, but a QB offer from UF is absolutely something impressive. I know driskell sucks, but he was the number 1 Qb in the country. Every school would have taken him. Tebow was a great (***) college player, just down the line, they have a tremendous college QB history. Obviously none of those guys were good pros, but UF offering you at quarterback says something to anybody not wearing orange and green glasses. Not to say they don't get it wrong sometimes, or that they are or arent wrong about Freebeck, just sayin..... UF traditionally is a good QB school.

it's not O&G glasses preventing me from giving UF credit, it's that a UF offer as a qb prospect doesn't prove that their evaluation is infallible. The current gator staff (I don't know why Tebow/Driskel are being used) isn't known as qb quru's. This isn't Charlie Wies at OC offering Brissett (funny that he knew Driskel was garbage even though he was a 5 star kid), this is Brent Pease (who is the best qb Pease actually developed Jared Lorenzon??). Like I said if Bama offers a DB and no one else does you take notice or if Dumbo offers a qb that no one else does you take notice, bec those staff have built a track record at those positions. This has nothing to do with UF qb tradition or standing as a football program, the current staff at UF doesn't have a qb track record. So when you have a kid that is being recruited primarily by lower level FBS schools, Pitt (whose coaches come from a ground and pound offense HC/OC/QB are all from Wisconsin), and UF; imo it's not an offer to pimp out as some sort of conversation ender to disprove & belittle the opinion that Freeback isn't an average QB.

*QUOTE]

Not arguing wildcat is my boy....he is avg because uf sucks at qb evals..all of their current qbs are avg or below an pitt is avg in every way shape form..chryst wants game managers...freebeck may be that down the road....u act like I said he sucks...he doesn't he's avg his offers state it...I said the same bout stephen morris an he developed to an above avg qb...(never thought his arm was avg though)....

U bow down to these college coaches that offer off of hype and seeing qbs in wifebeaters pass on air...I trust my eyes..pitt is bout right for the kid

Advertisement
Back