Miami offers 2020 QB Carson Beck

Hey everyone, first time poster long time lurker. I used to be active on ITU back when they made the transition from an ESPN affiliate, until I stopped paying for the non-info (right before AI joined). I figured this was about a good of a thread as any for me to make my first post.

I am an alumni of Mandarin High, and I’ve been going to games ever since I was a freshman at that school in 04-05. My brother in law played for Mandarin for 4 years and graduated in 2018, right before Beck transferred to us (unfortunately).

Beck is simply hands down the most impressive high school football player I’ve ever seen in person. I’ve been going to high school football games in Jacksonville every year consistently since 04 and I’ve seen most of this areas best players play. Ive seen Jacksonville QBs like Tebow in person, Joey Gatewood, Kyle Parker, Kellen Lewis, Eli Peters, Carter Bradley, Nick Tronti, etc. I watched our current LB BJ Jennings and former LB commit Aundre Kearney from early Pop Warner days. And I’ve never been as impressed as I am watching that boy Beck. Listen, he may or may not be as good as Trevor Lawence. But what I do know is, Beck throws the ball with more velocity than anybody I’ve ever seen live. The placement is perfect almost every time. Most of his INTs bounce off his receivers hands first, and he had a **** good receiving corps (all D1) but he throws it with power that isn’t meant for high schoolers. He reads defenses very well, which is what the difference was between the 2018 and 2019 Mandarin teams. They’ve had the athletes on offense, but needed a consistent QB who could make the right reads and in a timely fashion. Beck came to MHS and put them over the edge and brought home the hardware.

I think Beck is going to be the #1 QB in the country when the evals are all said and done and I’d be ecstatic if he became a Cane. We would win a national championship with Beck, its the same situation as Mandarin. We have the athletes but we just need that next level QB, that guy is Beck.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Hey everyone, first time poster long time lurker. I used to be active on ITU back when they made the transition from an ESPN affiliate, until I stopped paying for the non-info (right before AI joined). I figured this was about a good of a thread as any for me to make my first post.

I am an alumni of Mandarin High, and I’ve been going to games ever since I was a freshman at that school in 04-05. My brother in law played for Mandarin for 4 years and graduated in 2018, right before Beck transferred to us (unfortunately).

Beck is simply hands down the most impressive high school football player I’ve ever seen in person. I’ve been going to high school football games in Jacksonville every year consistently since 04 and I’ve seen most of this areas best players play. Ive seen Jacksonville QBs like Tebow in person, Joey Gatewood, Kyle Parker, Kellen Lewis, Carter Bradley, Nick Tronti, etc. I watched our current LB BJ Jennings and former LB commit Aundre Kearney from early Pop Warner days. And I’ve never been as impressed as I am watching that boy Beck. Listen, he may or may not be as good as Trevor Lawence. But what I do know is, Beck throws the ball with more velocity than anybody I’ve ever seen live. The placement is perfect almost every time. Most of his INTs bounce off his receivers hands first, and he had a **** good receiving corps (all D1) but he throws it with power that isn’t meant for high schoolers. He reads defenses very well, which is what the difference was between the 2018 and 2019 Mandarin teams. They’ve had the athletes on offense, but needed a consistent QB who could make the right reads and in a timely fashion. Beck came to MHS and put them over the edge and brought home the hardware.

I think Beck is going to be the #1 QB in the country when the evals are all said and done and I’d be ecstatic if he became a Cane. We would win a national championship with Beck, its the same situation as Mandarin. We have the athletes but we just need that next level QB, that guy is Beck.
This is 100 percent true. Beck is the best QB in the country for 2020

Beck is simply hands down the most impressive high school football player I’ve ever seen in person. I’ve been going to high school football games in Jacksonville every year consistently since 04 and I’ve seen most of this areas best players play. Ive seen Jacksonville QBs like Tebow in person, Joey Gatewood, Kyle Parker, Kellen Lewis, Carter Bradley, Nick Tronti, etc. I watched our current LB BJ Jennings and former LB commit Aundre Kearney from early Pop Warner days. And I’ve never been as impressed as I am watching that boy Beck. Listen, he may or may not be as good as Trevor Lawence. But what I do know is, Beck throws the ball with more velocity than anybody I’ve ever seen live. The placement is perfect almost every time. Most of his INTs bounce off his receivers hands first, and he had a **** good receiving corps (all D1) but he throws it with power that isn’t meant for high schoolers. He reads defenses very well, which is what the difference was between the 2018 and 2019 Mandarin teams. They’ve had the athletes on offense, but needed a consistent QB who could make the right reads and in a timely fashion. Beck came to MHS and put them over the edge and brought home the hardware.

First of all, great first post bro.

Second of all, it’s now your job to get him to UM.

Welcome to the board

First of all, great first post bro.

Second of all, it’s now your job to get him to UM.

Welcome to the board

Thanks bro, I’m glad to be here amongst fellow canes. I’ve just never commented because the board is littered with derailed threads and people getting into ****ing matches it’s tough to bare some times. But I felt strongly enough about this one that I had to chime in. I was hoping Kearney would end up a Cane because I wanted a Mandarin to Miami connection, plus my brother played with him in Pop Warner and my bro-in-law played with him in high school. But Ive got my fingers crossed that Beck makes the flip here. Well see, I’ve got to imagine the new OC helps with that.

Advertisement
Yeah I am. Darien is cousins with Kenny Logan who we kind of recruited early in the cycle.

I am a fan of Logan’s game as well, I’ve been curious if the Canes would circle back on him but it looks like Emerson is the priority there right now. Also with the transfer from USC, I don’t know if the numbers work out to take Logan.

I think I’d take Logan over Sanguinetti though at this point.

Last edited:
I am a fan of Logan’s game as well, I’ve been curious if the Canes would circle back on him but it looks like Emerson is the priority there right now. Also with the transfer from USC, I don’t know if the numbers work out to take Logan.

I think I’d take Logan over Sanguinetti though at this point.
He’s got good size and shiftiness but isnt fast at all. He ran a 11.5 100 last year. Idk how much faster he’s gotten.

Advertisement
I think there might be more going on with Logan I don't see any updates on his recruitment

Advertisement
If Enos showcases a nice offense this year and we are successful as a team I could see a flip here with his long standing relationship.

Best part is that Florida already has its QB for 2020 so Beck isn’t likely for them even though he’s in gator country.

Bama is obviously the favourite but we’ve got Enos now recruiting for us.

Beck is the most important recruit for 2020 and it’s not even close. You get this guy on board and you’ll have skill position kids and trench monsters lining up to play with him.

Advertisement
I checked in with my Florida people today and they aren’t hearing much on Beck. The quicker we move the better. His name will only get bigger.

I checked in with my Florida people today and they aren’t hearing much on Beck. The quicker we move the better. His name will only get bigger.
How much bigger can his name get? He’s a bama commit lol

Bama already has Tua's younger brother Taulia committed & 4-star QB Paul Tyson signed & early enrolled for 2019.

Plus for 2020 you can expect for Bama to throw their hat in the race for QB's like DJ Uiagalelei, Robby Ashford & CJ Dixon, wouldn't be shocked if they tried to flip Harrison Bailey from Tenn as well.

I hope Carson & his family realize their best bet for PT is at Miami, or even another school, Bama's not the place. Don't make the same mistake Blake Barnett made, he was a 5-star #1 ranked QB in the 2015 class & got immediately usurped by Jalen Hurts.

Advertisement
Back