Miami offers 2020 QB Carson Beck

Yes, but baseball has been more consistent and our flagship program. Football may get more publicity, but Miami has been a baseball school far longer than a football one
You simply don't know what you're talking. I don't want to get into personal attacks... but this is one of the ________posts I've ever seen.

How long have you been following sports at Miami?

Advertisement
So either way we're at best a bridesmaid since Bama football is better as is UF in baseball.
I think UF's ascendency in baseball is fairly recent. In many ways, Ron Fraser put college baseball on the map. Not Miami college baseball, but all of college baseball. He did it by getting ESPN to first carry college baseball games. At a certain point, the Miami Maniac was, I believe, the official mascot for the College World Series.

Hey everyone, first time poster long time lurker. I used to be active on ITU back when they made the transition from an ESPN affiliate, until I stopped paying for the non-info (right before AI joined). I figured this was about a good of a thread as any for me to make my first post.

I am an alumni of Mandarin High, and I’ve been going to games ever since I was a freshman at that school in 04-05. My brother in law played for Mandarin for 4 years and graduated in 2018, right before Beck transferred to us (unfortunately).

Beck is simply hands down the most impressive high school football player I’ve ever seen in person. I’ve been going to high school football games in Jacksonville every year consistently since 04 and I’ve seen most of this areas best players play. Ive seen Jacksonville QBs like Tebow in person, Joey Gatewood, Kyle Parker, Kellen Lewis, Eli Peters, Carter Bradley, Nick Tronti, etc. I watched our current LB BJ Jennings and former LB commit Aundre Kearney from early Pop Warner days. And I’ve never been as impressed as I am watching that boy Beck. Listen, he may or may not be as good as Trevor Lawence. But what I do know is, Beck throws the ball with more velocity than anybody I’ve ever seen live. The placement is perfect almost every time. Most of his INTs bounce off his receivers hands first, and he had a **** good receiving corps (all D1) but he throws it with power that isn’t meant for high schoolers. He reads defenses very well, which is what the difference was between the 2018 and 2019 Mandarin teams. They’ve had the athletes on offense, but needed a consistent QB who could make the right reads and in a timely fashion. Beck came to MHS and put them over the edge and brought home the hardware.

I think Beck is going to be the #1 QB in the country when the evals are all said and done and I’d be ecstatic if he became a Cane. We would win a national championship with Beck, its the same situation as Mandarin. We have the athletes but we just need that next level QB, that guy is Beck.
But..but..but....you never saw Alan Hall.

I keed, I keed.

Advertisement
I think UF's ascendency in baseball is fairly recent. In many ways, Ron Fraser put college baseball on the map. Not Miami college baseball, but all of college baseball. He did it by getting ESPN to first carry college baseball games. At a certain point, the Miami Maniac was, I believe, the official mascot for the College World Series.

You are correct sir. I still remember those days, but while we're a good program, we are just a ahadow of our former selves. Either way, would love to have him, but he'll be a tough pull from either of those two schools in their respective sports.

Advertisement
UGA - where good QB prospects go to die.
can't see it but there is all kinds of rumors on the UGA sites that DWan Mathis is going into the transfer portal. Most expect Beck to follow once Vandergriff gets on campus...

EDIT: one of the UGA posters saying both Beck and Mathis are already thinking of hitting the portal. Must have had discussions with UGA staff. Neither Rusty Mansell or the other UGA mod are disputing it. Sounds like Kirby trying to keep them from leaving now...

That would really hurt UGA.....

Last edited:
can't see it but there is all kinds of rumors on the UGA sites that DWan Mathis is going into the transfer portal. Most expect Beck to follow once Vandergriff gets on campus...

Wouldn't be surprised. Look at what happened to them...

Nobody knows why Jamie Newsome transferred but it raised a lot of eyebrows.

JT Daniels - another transfer that didn't get the job (I'm sure he was given assurances)

Then, some former walk on gets the nod after Mathis gets benched?

What a mess.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Idk man the fact they started fromm over fields leads me to believe they’re not evaluating Qb well
Fromm led them to the national championship game his freshman year. Would have won it too had tua not come in and saved the day for saban who started hurts over tua the whole year even tho tua was clearly better. The argument goes both ways but no one questions sabag because he ended with the natty

Kirby just said in his pre-UF press conference that Daniels knee is fine, he is out of the brace but he is on the practice squad and Bennet gives them the best chance to win.

Advertisement
Back