Miami isn't back, but...

For all of you that were *****ing that Mario threw his players under the bus ....

View attachment 262309
This after earlier in the week saying:

We’re at a point in our time, and I hate that, where people, if you don’t go undefeated, (say) ‘You’re losers. You’re terrible.’ And it’s just such a terrible mindset,” Swinney said. “And honestly, maybe we need to lose a few games and lighten up the bandwagon. Sometimes the bandwagon can get a little too full.”

Advertisement
This after earlier in the week saying:

We’re at a point in our time, and I hate that, where people, if you don’t go undefeated, (say) ‘You’re losers. You’re terrible.’ And it’s just such a terrible mindset,” Swinney said. “And honestly, maybe we need to lose a few games and lighten up the bandwagon. Sometimes the bandwagon can get a little too full.”
Yes like Oregon trail someone must get disentary

Thoughts here...

Great win, team needed it for all the right reasons

1) Emory looked ok but I have doubts about his physical ability to be a big time college QB; Yes, Dorsey wasnt physically talented but I need to see more of what Emory has to think Miami has its next QB and a QB who can do more than win a respectable amount of games. Im not sure Emory can make all the throws needed to win at a high level

2) Team still needs elite play makers at RB and WR; While Chaney and Allen had nice runs, the longest run should not be from a WR (Smith). Yes, the RB room has gotten deeper with Fletcher, Johnson and hopefully Riley, Wheatley and maybe Lyle and the WR room has gotten deeper as well with supposed game changers.

3) Team of course still needs to load up on the OL and DL. Line play has gotten significantly better on both sides and it does say something when you dominate Clemson on both sides, regardless if Clemson is not what they once were. Im a huge critic of recruting right now as Miami cannot miss out on adding players like Blount who is an elite prospect and local.

Good win, it feels good but I just hope Mario doesnt coach scared like this once this team develops more

Advertisement
Brashard doesn't dance. And the fact our RBs cant break arm tackles is insane to me. Not one. We desperately need Fletcher and Citizen back.....if he is ok. The best the OL can do is have u not hit in the back field. The rest is your talent. Not seeing it on who we got now
Chaney had a number of chances to big gains only to be tripped by an arm tackles. Frustrating to watch.

When was the last time we saw a dominant performance at the point of attack on both sides?

Probably back in our national championship heyday in 2001-

In my mind Rueben Bain is the best young DL I’ve ever seen at Miami and that includes all the great ones of the past.

Great job by our coaches-Relying on our running game really helped Williams settle in especially in the second half.

Look around the nation it’s hard to win USC another loss they still can’t defend-

1-5 Virginia huge underdog goes into to UNC and shocks them they ran all over UNC -

Mack Brown lost 4 in a row last year maybe this year it will happen again.
Reuben Bain is really good. I am trying to remember a freshman ever playing this well on the Dline
Was Rusty Medearis this good as a freshman? We may need a true Canes historian to help on this. @Brooklyndee, @SWFLHurricane ??

Great win... I get that Mario was trying to protect his qb but **** if I didn't want him to open it up some. Also, I feel like it needs to be pointed out that there was some sort of karma weirdness last night. After ******* Miami and Mario for not kneeling, Miami was definitely on the right side even tho the refs tried to **** us again.
The back to back plays where fumbles were recovered in the endzone 100 yards apart.. and recovered by the same team has to be a freakish oddity. I mean can anyone think that they've ever seen that before? That was the weirdest two play sequence I think I've ever seen. Did some sort of negative curse just get broken? I guess we'll see what we see from here on out.
Great win tho.. living in SC only my SC brethren can imagine how good that felt

Reuben Bain is really good. I am trying to remember a freshman ever playing this well on the Dline
Was Rusty Medearis this good as a freshman? We may need a true Canes historian to help on this. @Brooklyndee, @SWFLHurricane ??
Rusty was a flat out stud but not as TF that I recall. I don't recall a TF DE playing like Bain played last night against a team like Clemson.

Advertisement
Rusty was insane as a freshman....10.5 Sacks, Freshman AA and finished 2nd in the Outland Trophy Award only behind Russell Maryland. In his 1st start at UM he had 5 1/2 sacks. Rusty was only 6'3 240 when he got to UM....Eventually got up to 255....but no DE in UM History had a motor like he had. My favorite UM DE....against Texas Tech in 90.....5.5 Sacks....12 Tackles....3 TFL

Last edited:
Rusty was insane as a freshman....10.5 Sacks, Freshman AA and finished 2nd in the Outland Trophy Award only behind Russell Maryland. In his 1st start at UM he had 5 1/2 sacks. Rusty was only 6'3 240 when he got to UM....Eventually got up to 255....but no DE in UM History had a motor like he had. My favorite UM DE....against Texas Tech in 90.....5.5 Sacks....12 Tackles....3 TFL
That was my memory as well of Rusty but I couldn’t recall if he broke out his freshman or sophomore season.
I remember the Texas Tech game. Unstoppable.

Any other freshman D-ends that even can be considered in this discussion?

Probably my all-time sentimental favorite regardless of position. One of the most underrated Canes EVER. Being robbed of what would've been at the very least(IMO) a multi-Pro Bowl NFL career has a lot to do with that...

Advertisement
1697989740360.png

Advertisement
Great post. Respectfully, I disagree Mario was about to lose the team’s trust, as crazy as that sounds. Unlike many teams in the last 20 years (divided players, not buying in), this team is very unified and all in. I hear the culture with this team is impressive and will be getting better with time. The few who aren’t on the same page (won’t name names) will be gone next year.

But point taken on thread.
The trust part is always a bit bizarre and such a knee jerk reaction

Kids that don’t trust Mario probably never did. You don’t recruit kids for years, become close with their families, talk to them every day through ups and downs of life, then bring them to college and continue this day in and day out to suddenly lose that trust in 4 quarters and 40 seconds of a tough stretch

Advertisement
Back