Miami Is NEVER coming back

I just agreed with the guy saying we won’t be back.
And I just posted an open ended question that you responded to.

We lost to the likely national chmpions. They were caught napping by UVA annd needed to make a statement against a resurgent Miami to prove they deserve to be number one. We held them to 42 while they were trying their hardest to run the score up on us. They owned the TOP 38:23 to 21:37. They showed us where to improve. There is no shame in this loss and it's not an indicator of our demise. It highlights our opportunities for improvement.

Advertisement
And I just posted an open ended question that you responded to.

We lost to the likely national chmpions. They were caught napping by UVA annd needed to make a statement against a resurgent Miami to prove they deserve to be number one. We held them to 42 while they were trying their hardest to run the score up on us. They owned the TOP 38:23 to 21:37. They showed us where to improve. There is no shame in this loss and it's not an indicator of our demise. It highlights our opportunities for improvement.

It shows exactly the point of this entire thread we aren’t back.

It shows exactly the point of this entire thread we aren’t back.
The thread title says we are NEVER coming back.This game shows that we aren't back, that's all. Lashlee's working with Richt's and Enos' players. Declaring us dead for good based on an offensive performance from a first year OC with players recruited by two different OC's before him that weren't any good isn't a damning indictment on Diaz, Lashlee, or anything else.

Miami football that we all love dearly, is never coming back to what we all hope it will be. We’re just another run of the mill ACC team. Manny Diaz is not a real HC. Blake Baker as a DC is laughable. Rhett Lashlee called 3 plays and never adjusted to Clemson’s blitzes.

I feel bad for fans who never got to witness the 2001 team. Turn out the lights. We’re finally done and reality sucks
Bum *** fan.

Advertisement
Miami football that we all love dearly, is never coming back to what we all hope it will be. We’re just another run of the mill ACC team. Manny Diaz is not a real HC. Blake Baker as a DC is laughable. Rhett Lashlee called 3 plays and never adjusted to Clemson’s blitzes.

I feel bad for fans who never got to witness the 2001 team. Turn out the lights. We’re finally done and reality sucks
Then leave now and go find another team. Why be here?

We need to get back to consistent winning with 10 win seasons and recruit at a high level

This season MUST be a success to get us on track

Sigh....I remember when people were posting the same drivel in 1998 and 1999.

Yes, we have a ways to go.

Advertisement
The thread title says we are NEVER coming back.This game shows that we aren't back, that's all. Lashlee's working with Richt's and Enos' players. Declaring us dead for good based on an offensive performance from a first year OC with players recruited by two different OC's before him that weren't any good isn't a damning indictment on Diaz, Lashlee, or anything else.

I don’t see a big difference to be honest. We got wasted by a good team. Manny has yet to win a big game. UM would have to change from the top to ever be back. Not happening.

Stop it, put down the crack pipe and relax

Advertisement
look dude, reality is we got beat by the best team in the country with the two best players at their positions in the country. if we were going to win, it would have to be score for score. i knew from the moment we punted on our first drive that this was gonna be done. no defenses are gonna shut down lawrence and etienne, just wont happen. combine it with the flags on key downs, its gonna be a nightmare.

now, we can prove were on our way to being an ACC contender by winning out like we should. if we dont, then we can just start all over top to bottom.

if you wanted the 80s and early 00s again, it wont ever happen. recruiting landscape changed and we just wont ever compete for the big money elite talent year to year without serious cash. we have a stud class coming in this year, but thats gotta be the norm if you want to get to clemson (now, clemson doesnt always finish high in rankings but they take smaller classes and fill those w elite dudes and combine with two elite QBs to play there in the last two dabo 4 year cycles). if TVD is the elite QB, then that will make up for a lot of holes on the offense. ****, even with clemson, lawrence and etienne make up for their own issues at WR
Does anyone REALLY believe we land even half of this so-called "stud" class? Wait until the big boys show up with the bags.

Advertisement
Wrong. OP's original point is we'll never be back.

If that's how he feels, he needs to assess how he spends his free time.

I agree with him. Did anyone watch the game last night? If we aren’t back, so be it root for UM be a fan and have fun tailgating etc.

Whether UM wins another NC or not shouldn’t effect anyone’s life to be honest.

I don’t see a big difference to be honest. We got wasted by a good team. Manny has yet to win a big game. UM would have to change from the top to ever be back. Not happening.
How do you eat an elephant?

Rome wasnt rebuilt in a day.
This is true. But, Manny has been in the program for 5 years, 3 as the DC and another 2 as a defensive minded HC. That’s 5 recruiting cycles he’s been the HNIC over defense and aside from the 3 transfers we have ZERO impact players on defense. How is it possible for a defensive guy to have that little impact talent on defense after recruiting and developing for 5 years?

He gets props from me for improving the offensive staff this offseason but it’s very concerning that we still have no playmakers on defense that he’s recruited for 5 years. It’s a joke.

Advertisement
Back