Miami Is NEVER coming back

Advertisement
Miami football that we all love dearly, is never coming back to what we all hope it will be. We’re just another run of the mill ACC team. Manny Diaz is not a real HC. Blake Baker as a DC is laughable. Rhett Lashlee called 3 plays and never adjusted to Clemson’s blitzes.

I feel bad for fans who never got to witness the 2001 team. Turn out the lights. We’re finally done and reality sucks
You know maybe the reality is the late 80's and that run in 2000 were lighting in a bottle. The program has kinda been mediocre for most of it's existence. I ain't going anywhere, I watched through the 90's when the NCAA tried to kill the program.

Everyone knows all the kids everywhere now and all come down to Florida to recruit.

We won't and lets be real D.. King can't ******* throw. He's another rb playing qb. He doesn't lead his receivers. He underthrew wiggins and mallory .. and 88 when that could have been a big play touchdown. King is Rosier just short and uglier. I call it how I see it. D'Eriq Rosier is his new name.
He's better then Malik cause of his legs and throws closer better. Malik and him can't throw it deep but Clemson knew that they saw the film.

Nobody said it would be easy to compete year in and year out against the resources of large state schools.

We won't ever be back like we were. I accepted that a long time ago.

Money is the biggest factor in that. These state schools have so much money they're basically swimming in it. They keep outpacing us with what's coming in spending more on a head coach than our entire staff combined.

Hopefully we can land some recruits and find coaches looking to cut their teeth while competing every now and again for an ACC championship and at berth in the BCS.

Times change and if you're a fan, you'll be a fan through the good and the bad. The idea that we'll out spend the bigs for a tried and tested monster staff though, that's delusional. You have to see the playing field for what it is and a lot of our fans are viewing it with their eyes closed.

Advertisement
We won't ever be back like we were. I accepted that a long time ago.

Money is the biggest factor in that. These state schools have so much money they're basically swimming in it. They keep outpacing us with what's coming in spending more on a head coach than our entire staff combined.

Hopefully we can land some recruits and find coaches looking to cut their teeth while competing every now and again for an ACC championship and at berth in the BCS.

Times change and if you're a fan, you'll be a fan through the good and the bad. The idea that we'll out spend the bigs for a tried and tested monster staff though, that's delusional. You have to see the playing field for what it is and a lot of our fans are viewing it with their eyes closed.
Psh Nebraska makes like 4 times the money we do and they are crap so money isn’t the only factor

Psh Nebraska makes like 4 times the money we do and they are crap so money isn’t the only factor

Where is Nebraska? What's their recruiting base look like? They're a long way from being a power, much like us. They don't have enough talent in that state to win big anymore. What's the sell to go there? They don't have in state competition, but their conference has some major players, nevermind the national stage. Their history is great, but kids today don't give a crap about that. Nebraska is a long ways from most recruiting grounds and there's many more attractive places between them and that recruit for the recruit to go to.

Never said money isn't the only factor, but it's a huge factor. So much so that conference opponents for decades threw their rivalries aside and sold out their conference rivals for larger paydays.

Advertisement
When they did lose, they didn't get the Crap knocked out of them..
How about the NC game against Alabama in the early 90's? And that was a better team than this years by a long shot..The exaggerations that are made after every loss are b#$%# ****. There is a difference between not accepting what is put on the field at any given time and whining about how the future of the football program is over.

Miami football that we all love dearly, is never coming back to what we all hope it will be. We’re just another run of the mill ACC team. Manny Diaz is not a real HC. Blake Baker as a DC is laughable. Rhett Lashlee called 3 plays and never adjusted to Clemson’s blitzes.

I feel bad for fans who never got to witness the 2001 team. Turn out the lights. We’re finally done and reality sucks
Never is a very long time and not something I would be willing to assign my name to.

How about the NC game against Alabama in the early 90's? And that was a better team than this years by a long shot..The exaggerations that are made after every loss are b#$%# ****. There is a difference between not accepting what is put on the field at any given time and whining about how the future of the football program is over.
I'm not whining about anything, that team had a + 23 win streak, think you'll ever see that again..

So we lose to a team with a QB who would start from day 1 on 3/4 of NFL teams, an RB who is NFL ready and will be a high 1st rounder, and a coach/system that's got a winning formula. Yeah we should totally just drop football and never play again.

Advertisement
So we lose to a team with a QB who would start from day 1 on 3/4 of NFL teams, an RB who is NFL ready and will be a high 1st rounder, and a coach/system that's got a winning formula. Yeah we should totally just drop football and never play again.
Did you watch game?

we we beaten in every aspect

I think Clemson’s popcorn Poppers RUTS

Wish they would open the pocketbooks for an elite basketball coach. That is a perfect fit for a dominant team and attainable. There's only so much money to go around and the dollars go further in basketball.

Advertisement

With the class coming next year as well as 2022 class we have a chance because of the quality of recruits. But we will never be top echelon if we don’t get a stud QB period!!

My god you wanted the board open to post this slop?

he's right.jpeg

It took some of us longer than others. For some, it was not rehiring Butch, for me it was Richt succeeding at Georgia and not having that same level here, for you it is today. I just want to see some football with some decent wins. I have lost faith in the athletic department at Hecht.

Well, if you honestly believe we'll never be back, then why continue pretening to be a fan? Maybe give another team a try. UCF just won a championship a few years ago, they'll be glad to have you.

What you don't understand is, the only real fans left in this degenerative fanbase are the individuals who are fans of this program despite accepting the reality that MIA will never again win a NC.

The rest of these dudes are lying to themselves by believing we are currently on the path towards winning a NC, or are only 1 HC away from being on that path. This self-deception is how these individuals can justify spreading negativity & toxicity, by threatening to withdraw program support, and hoping that the program implodes.

The structural & systemic issues currently plaguing this program need to be analyzed just as much as the current football program HC & AD, because those are only symptoms.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back