Miami Evaluating New DB

Not a fan of his film....shows some ability, but loafs around too much for my taste. And these are highlights....so I imagine there are probably a lot of plays off on game film.

I don't see the loafing you see. He may not be in football stance right at the snap but loafing suggest he's not running to the ball which I don't see.

Advertisement
4.69 very solid for a DB ? There are LBs faster than that

Try again.

Guys like Deon Bush, Keanu Neal and Jayron Kearse all ran 4.6s at the combine. 4.69 is fine as a high school junior.
but guys like Deon Bush and even Dallas Crawford were listed as running 4.45/4.5s in high school...in fact SB nation did a study that showed 150 out 203 players studied ran a slower time than their high school number...so according to your arguement we're looking at a solid 4.75/4.8 from this kid

Hopefully the listing is wrong I just dont aee how a 4.69 is solid, especially when these numbers are usually exaggerated not the other way around
I didn't see Dallas Crawford listed as running a 4.45 or whatever at any event. Did Deon Bush run at one of the events? The thing with times at events is that, for the most part, they're filled with variables. What did some of the other DBs in this player's event run?

Either way, I rather the event times than whatever a kid had his coach time him. Just the balls to run at an event is partly impressive. Lots of guys skip the 40 because they think they'll be inappropriately judged (which they will be).
I saw Crawfprd listed at running a 4.44 on a Michigan website when he was committed there. Im not saying 4.7 is horrible but its certainly not very very solid...to me that means above aberage...i think everyone can agree a 4.7 as a DB is below average

to be honest...i wouldnt be mad with him in this class. But next years safety crew is deep and were in on almost all of em

Advertisement
Try again.

Guys like Deon Bush, Keanu Neal and Jayron Kearse all ran 4.6s at the combine. 4.69 is fine as a high school junior.
but guys like Deon Bush and even Dallas Crawford were listed as running 4.45/4.5s in high school...in fact SB nation did a study that showed 150 out 203 players studied ran a slower time than their high school number...so according to your arguement we're looking at a solid 4.75/4.8 from this kid

Hopefully the listing is wrong I just dont aee how a 4.69 is solid, especially when these numbers are usually exaggerated not the other way around
I didn't see Dallas Crawford listed as running a 4.45 or whatever at any event. Did Deon Bush run at one of the events? The thing with times at events is that, for the most part, they're filled with variables. What did some of the other DBs in this player's event run?

Either way, I rather the event times than whatever a kid had his coach time him. Just the balls to run at an event is partly impressive. Lots of guys skip the 40 because they think they'll be inappropriately judged (which they will be).
I saw Crawfprd listed at running a 4.44 on a Michigan website when he was committed there. Im not saying 4.7 is horrible but its certainly not very very solid...to me that means above aberage...i think everyone can agree a 4.7 as a DB is below average

Just look at the film. Crawford never had the explosion this kid has.

Try again.

Yeah, Crawford would never have sniffed that at an event. Even then, I would have looked at the 40s of others timed that day. I think we overestimate what these kids actually run. A 4.7 event timed guy as a HS junior is probably a 4.5-4.6 guy in the NFL scouting combine. Not to say this guy will ever be in the NFL combine, but only to talk about times. A 4.55-4.6 Safety in the NFL draft is pretty solid stuff.

Put it this way, what does this look like to you:

6' 1"
4.58 40
4.54 short shuttle
39" vert

...it's Reshad Jones, after a few years at Georgia, as a pro prospect.

Try again.

I think the important part was about him being a junior. I don't know what type of speed gains are typical- maybe none- but my assumption was that the kid could get quicker over time.

Advertisement

Yeah, Crawford would never have sniffed that at an event. Even then, I would have looked at the 40s of others timed that day. I think we overestimate what these kids actually run. A 4.7 event timed guy as a HS junior is probably a 4.5-4.6 guy in the NFL scouting combine. Not to say this guy will ever be in the NFL combine, but only to talk about times. A 4.55-4.6 Safety in the NFL draft is pretty solid stuff.

6' 1"
4.58 40
4.54 short shuttle
39" vert

according to the study SB nation did players actually run on average more than a tenth SLOWER than their high school time...only a few guys actually improved...which is why i said with him running a 4.7 we're possibly looking at a 4.8 from this guy if that study holds true...his 100m time is pretty bad too

But im not gonna over analyze it, I get your point . I guess im just tired of slow safeties. I want some missiles back there

6' 1"
4.58 40
4.54 short shuttle
39" vert

according to the study SB nation did players actually run on average more than a tenth SLOWER than their high school time...only a few guys actually improved...which is why i said with him running a 4.7 we're possibly looking at a 4.8 from this guy if that study holds true...his 100m time is pretty bad too

But im not gonna over analyze it, I get your point . I guess im just tired of slow safeties. I want some missiles back there
Link to that study? Would like to see what data they used for "HS times." Once upon a time, kids just threw out random 40 times. With the proliferation of camps and laser times, I wonder if those conclusions are still valid.

The 100m time is bizarre. I think Donaldson can run a 13+. I'm not really even sticking up for this kid as a player. I haven't even bothered to look at the film. Just discussing the numbers shared.

6' 1"
4.58 40
4.54 short shuttle
39" vert

Link to that study? Would like to see what data they used for "HS times." Once upon a time, kids just threw out random 40 times. With the proliferation of camps and laser times, I wonder if those conclusions are still valid.

The 100m time is bizarre. I think Donaldson can run a 13+. I'm not really even sticking up for this kid as a player. I haven't even bothered to look at the film. Just discussing the numbers shared.
Yea i havent gotten a chance to watch the film either, i should probably do that before completely judging his speed off of his times...

Here's the link to the article I was referring to..its a couple years old but still interesting https://www.google.com/amp/www.sbna...-high-school-40-yard-dash-times?client=safari

6' 1"
4.58 40
4.54 short shuttle
39" vert

Yea i havent gotten a chance to watch the film either, i should probably do that before completely judging his speed off of his times...

Here's the link to the article I was referring to..its a couple years old but still interesting https://www.google.com/amp/www.sbna...-high-school-40-yard-dash-times?client=safari

I wouldn't call that a study. But it was funny and interesting

Advertisement

6' 1"
4.58 40
4.54 short shuttle
39" vert

No trust should be put into times kids give out when a coach is clocking them. As said before Sparq combine times are the only way to go relative to other players at the camp. At this past Miami Nike Camp, 3 highly recruited DB's/RB's clocked 4.68 or less, Trajan Bandy (4.68), Daniel Wright(4.71), and James Cook(4.74). A speed demon like Shaun Shivers ran a 4.62.

The 4.69 is not concerning because it may not be accurate.

Ahmon Richards has a 4.68 40 yard dash time on his ESPN recruiting profile from a regional combine in 2015. However, we all know Ahmon is one of the fastest kids on the team. He may have slipped, it may have been a slow track, he may have had a bad day, etc. It is simply not an accurate time.

For example, Trajan Bandy ran a 4.51 at the NIKE Opening on July 5, 2016; however, he only ran a 4.68 at the Miami regional event on March 6, 2016.

Why is not possible for Richards to run a 4.68 as a junior in hs? I think a lot of people who follow cfb recruiting have unrealistic expectations for teenagers' 40 yard dash times.

Kids will put they run a 4.4 or 4.5 on their hudl tape but run 4.6s and 4.7s at combines. That 13 sec 100m concerns me

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement

6' 1"
4.58 40
4.54 short shuttle
39" vert

and Reshad Jones is a top 5 safety in the nfl

Ahmon Richards has a 4.68 40 yard dash time on his ESPN recruiting profile from a regional combine in 2015. However, we all know Ahmon is one of the fastest kids on the team. He may have slipped, it may have been a slow track, he may have had a bad day, etc. It is simply not an accurate time.

For example, Trajan Bandy ran a 4.51 at the NIKE Opening on July 5, 2016; however, he only ran a 4.68 at the Miami regional event on March 6, 2016.

Why is not possible for Richards to run a 4.68 as a junior in hs? I think a lot of people who follow cfb recruiting have unrealistic expectations for teenagers' 40 yard dash times.

Kids will put they run a 4.4 or 4.5 on their hudl tape but run 4.6s and 4.7s at combines. That 13 sec 100m concerns me

thats a time that ooks like mayb he pulled up or something..i wouldmt take that seriously...that is rediculously slow

Jesus why did it take so long for this kid to get a look? What the **** is the staff even doing? Banda needs to be fired.

Looks a lot like Sean Taylor in these clips imho

People have been ruined by all the bs times from the past. Rarely kids run 4.4 or lower. All the hh times are crap

4.5-4.6 electronic is fast.

Advertisement
Back