Miami Evaluating New DB

Tariq runs a 4.5 in his 40 since his senior year and his correct height and weight is 6'3 200...Let's just start there. His grades are very good so idk where that info came from. Yes he's very underrated and Miami will be Glad they found him. Oh and he doesn't run track and field so IDK where that 100m time came from either it's obviously a mistake. He's a needle in the haystack.

He has other offers from UMASS, Georgia Tech, Memphis, NC State, Gs, GEORGIA State, Tulane and a few more.

6'3 200? Does he have the frame to put on 25lbs and play LB ala Spence/Grace?

Didn't take long for the " add weight , change position" post.

I'm a firm believer in the Jimmy Johnson rule. I don't want plodding behemoths getting their ankles broken by quicker, faster opposing players. In this era of the spread formation and read option, the last thing we need are defenders who can't run with their counterparts on offense.

I feel ya but not every player isn't capable of switching and maybe he's better at the position he's playing.

Posters here are obsessed with making every te over 240 a ol, any wr over 6'3 200 a te, any db over 6'2 200 a lb.

One example Cribby is the "forced" bulk they put on Anthony Chickillo when he was here. He got up to 270-280. He benching 400+ squatting 500, etc. but even that muscle bulk slowed him down. He just did not have the genetics to carry that kind of weight without loosing speed and quickness. He dropped back to about 250 and made the Steelers roster.
David Njoku when he arrived was listed at 6-4 and 218 and got up to 245 with little loss of athletic ability. He high jumped on the track team at the U.. 6-10 and nearly 240 lbs.
D. Perryman arrived here at about 210 and built up to 240 kept his quickness and strength levels went through the roof. He plays for the Chargers.
Each player is different

Advertisement
Tariq runs a 4.5 in his 40 since his senior year and his correct height and weight is 6'3 200...Let's just start there. His grades are very good so idk where that info came from. Yes he's very underrated and Miami will be Glad they found him. Oh and he doesn't run track and field so IDK where that 100m time came from either it's obviously a mistake. He's a needle in the haystack.

He has other offers from UMASS, Georgia Tech, Memphis, NC State, Gs, GEORGIA State, Tulane and a few more.

No offense but if he never ran track who is this? I think your son looks very good for a big safety.

Tariq Carpenter - GA Track and Field Profile

Two meets in March is hardly 'running track' but, okay.

No offense but if he never ran track who is this? I think your son looks very good for a big safety.

Google in Mile Split Georgia then scroll down until you find the schools name. You will see there are more meets. If you have paid access to their site they will list each meet/date/and time distance.
The mother - God bless her--said he never ran track. But where did these two different sites come up with his times and distances? The U coaches and evaluation staff have much more detailed access in the evaluation process than anyone here. They already know this. So why go after 1953 or anyone else for posting facts not opinions?

Last edited:
There's more to an offer than track times. You know Richt has plenty of contacts in the state of GA, I would assume someone reached out to him about this kid being a diamond in the rough, Richt liked what he saw and heard about the kid and offered.

Advertisement
I like him better than Amari Carter. He looks like a 4.6 guy on tape. That's adequate speed for a safety. Corners should run 4.4's

Only fools double down when they're clearly wrong.

There's more to an offer than track times. You know Richt has plenty of contacts in the state of GA, I would assume someone reached out to him about this kid being a diamond in the rough, Richt liked what he saw and heard about the kid and offered.

If this is true them whey are the so hard after Henderson who has never really played DB but ran a 10.7--100m and a 4.35 40 at the combine?

Advertisement

Man was just posting facts and you have issues with that. This crap of being bullied for stating facts reminds me of the freaks from this last election who refuse to admin the flunked out. By the way I am Black so do not start a racial thing.

Man was just posting facts and you have issues with that. This crap of being bullied for stating facts reminds me of the freaks from this last election who refuse to admin the flunked out. By the way I am Black so do not start a racial thing.

i'm on the facts guys side lol

Advertisement
Back