Miami Evaluating New DB

Remember that big comparison post either Carolcityhigh or 1953 put up about how many people break 4.50 at those Nike Combines. If he did 4.69--as a junior that is OK The vertical and the short shuttle show a guy that is faster than 4.69. How much?

That aside he is listed at 6-2 and 190-195 so has the side.

The one thing I recall about him was a little academic/grade trouble. May or may not be true.

That statement about academic is interesting as his offers are not the greatest and schools like Samford Middle Tenn. State and Liberty did not offer him.
Tariq Carpenter Recruit Interests

Here are his track bests and they were all done in 2016--
Personal Records
100m - 13.27
High Jump - 5-8
Long Jump - 19-7
Triple Jump - 39-7

This player is questionable in some areas---maybe why few offers

A lot of smaller football schools will not waste time on a kid they know is going to a power 5 conference school. Even though he would help them wins

Advertisement
Go find me a legitimate track or combine time for Shawn Davis.

You can't.

I have much bigger concerns about Shawn Davis than Carpenter.

Play speed...Coley the WR from NE High never an track....so whats the issue?

Stacey Coley NIKE COMBINE 2013
6'1" 173
4.57 40 yard dash
4.35 20 yard dash
30 inch vert

When a kid has no verifiable track times and did not run at a combine, I have doubts about their speed. Fast kids really like to show off that they are fast.

Football Recruiting - Stacy Coley - Player Profiles - ESPN

You can't.

Shawn Davis knows Malek Young, Trajan Bandy, DeeJay Dallas, Josh Jobe, Gilbert Frierson and Al Blades are superior CB prospects.

That is why he is going to UF.

Shawn Davis is the next Vernon Davis/Larry Hope/Ryan Mayes.

Rivals has him as a 3 star unranked prospect. Most overrated player in the state.

BTW...the Gators class is freakin terrible.

Advertisement
Stacey Coley NIKE COMBINE 2013
6'1" 173
4.57 40 yard dash
4.35 20 yard dash
30 inch vert

When a kid has no verifiable track times and did not run at a combine, I have doubts about their speed. Fast kids really like to show off that they are fast.

Football Recruiting - Stacy Coley - Player Profiles - ESPN

You can't.

Interesting 4.57 for a guy that was 4.43 or better every clocking at U and Sawsey while he had problems in S&C coaching was a reliable timer and his times very closely correlated to the NFL Combine over the years.

This kid has a Michael Jackson vibe. He's from Georgia, does he have a Georgia offer or GT?

Not sure I would offer.

Advertisement
So yall gonna tell me these late reaches arent the same thing Golden doing? Robert Knowles anyone?

The difference I see is Golden would completely ignore a local kid until 2-3 days before signing day. Then he'd think just because we were "Miami", the kid would be so happy with the offer he'd completely forget about never getting any attention before. And it didn't work.

At least Richt is setting up his Plan B's a little earlier. But talent wise, I agree, this a Golden like late reach.

Remember that big comparison post either Carolcityhigh or 1953 put up about how many people break 4.50 at those Nike Combines. If he did 4.69--as a junior that is OK The vertical and the short shuttle show a guy that is faster than 4.69. How much?

The one thing I recall about him was a little academic/grade trouble. May or may not be true.

That statement about academic is interesting as his offers are not the greatest and schools like Samford Middle Tenn. State and Liberty did not offer him.

Personal Records
100m - 13.27
High Jump - 5-8
Long Jump - 19-7
Triple Jump - 39-7

Unless they threw a couple hurdles on that 100m track that 13.27 speaks volumes. Thanks, Rand.

He ran it that day into a headwind. Hurricane Matthew was off the Georgia coast.

The 4.69 is not concerning because it may not be accurate.

Ahmon Richards has a 4.68 40 yard dash time on his ESPN recruiting profile from a regional combine in 2015. However, we all know Ahmon is one of the fastest kids on the team. He may have slipped, it may have been a slow track, he may have had a bad day, etc. It is simply not an accurate time.

For example, Trajan Bandy ran a 4.51 at the NIKE Opening on July 5, 2016; however, he only ran a 4.68 at the Miami regional event on March 6, 2016.

I have seen all those combine times and comparisons from 1953 and CCH

Advertisement

Personal Records
100m - 13.27
High Jump - 5-8
Long Jump - 19-7
Triple Jump - 39-7

Unless they threw a couple hurdles on that 100m track that 13.27 speaks volumes. Thanks, Rand.

He ran it that day into a headwind. Hurricane Matthew was off the Georgia coast.

I could run a faster 100 than that in a carnival bounce house.

This guy looks great on film. Physical at the point of attack, explosive and nice change of direction

He could be a beast after S&C

Personal Records
100m - 13.27
High Jump - 5-8
Long Jump - 19-7
Triple Jump - 39-7

I could run a faster 100 than that in a carnival bounce house.

That times screwy....no way you run a legit 13+. If it was 11.9 or something like that then I'd be worried, but that time is clearly a pull up or something else.

Advertisement
It depends on how well the coaches can evaluate.

Butch had Shockey, McKinnie and Edge after signing day. Probably others, too, but these were a few of the names that worked out well....

So yall gonna tell me these late reaches arent the same thing Golden doing? Robert Knowles anyone?

Not a fan of his film....shows some ability, but loafs around too much for my taste. And these are highlights....so I imagine there are probably a lot of plays off on game film.

He's definitely a specimen , big and physical.

Looks like a Gibson or Paris type. He also tackles very well in space.

Would be a nice plan b

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back